Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Like you bsa, I never open my hard cover. My working copy grew legs, but all is well again.

BP-B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Like you bsa, I never open my hard cover. My working copy grew legs, but all is well again.

Very good. Too bad about your other one growing legs. Eventually I'll need to replace my soft cover with another one. Although, I have highlighted a lot of stuff in my current one. The binding is not great and some pages are loose!!!

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

Heck, someone here may want to buy this one:

Roger Rule's The Rifleman's Rifle hard cover 1982 first edition

I'd buy it, but I already have one. This one has very slight damage on one of the corners and it did not sell last time it was listed, so I can see it selling for the starting price or a hair over. Well worth the $200 price tag. Just throwing it out there.. I like the hard cover version more than the soft cover book because the pictures are much better. A good addition to any Winchester model 70 collection IMHO..

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Glad I have one already. Didn’t pay that, but the market has changed.

Great book.

DF

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

Great book.

DF

A lot of us here probably paid more for their first edition hard cover. Just sayin. I thought about buying that one because the soft cover books are $100.00. It did not get any bids again. Come on guys. I just sent the seller a message, telling him I'd buy it for $200. That is chump change for what that book is worth. I don't really care about the damage on the corner. I'm going to highlight the fugg out of it if he accepts my offer. Just sayin..

BSA MAGA
IC B2

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Great book.

DF

A lot of us here probably paid more for their first edition hard cover. Just sayin. I thought about buying that one because the soft cover books are $100.00. It did not get any bids again. Come on guys. I just sent the seller a message, telling him I'd buy it for $200. That is chump change for what that book is worth. I don't really care about the damage on the corner. I'm going to highlight the fugg out of it if he accepts my offer. Just sayin..
Mine is a 1982 Hard Cover in mint condition. I assume 1st ed. as "edition" isn't mentioned.

I see on line, some very expensive ones have a golden rifle across the top of the page over the title. Those go for over a grand.

Mine doesn't have the golden rifle, priced at around $500 or so.

What's the story on the golden rifle edition?

DF

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Great book.

DF

Mine is a 1982 Hard Cover in mint condition. I assume 1st ed. as "edition" isn't mentioned.

I see on line, some very expensive ones have a golden rifle across the top of the page over the title. Those go for over a grand.

Mine doesn't have the golden rifle, priced at around $500 or so.

What's the story on the golden rifle edition?

DF
I didn't see your post until just now. The book you are speaking of is the very first limited "Deluxe" edition. They only made 500 of those and they are numbered and signed and also came with a nice sleeve that the book slides into. Probably the ultimate Winchester collectors edition, but sells for over $1,000.00. Hard to find too, I'd imagine. Great question though DF.. The one listed on ebay is a first edition, 1982 copyright. They also had a second edition that was slightly revised, I believe, that came out in 1996. Those second edition books usually sell for around $275, while the first edition demands $450-$500.00...of course with that being said, it all depends on condition. Just like the good ol model 70's. Price is a reflection of condition and originality.

BSA MAGA
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Thanks, bsa.

It’s pretty amazing what those 1st ed books are worth.

I’m glad I have mine. It’s a keeper.

DF

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N

“Factio democratica delenda est"
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by nyrifleman

Man….

Semper Fi
IC B3

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Speaking of Roger's books I too keep a softcover within easy access, but I do have 3 hardcovers that I sent off to Roger and had him sign, a real gentlemen .

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
That 308 was stolen.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
That 308 was stolen.

Agreed. It was a shameless purchase.. Hopefully the buyer repents for that dirty deed.

Semper Fi
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Wow no kidding.

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Sign of the times.

“You never need fear a man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens, call on me, and I will equalize.”
Samuel Colt.

�Common sense is genius dressed up in work clothes.� - Ralph Waldo Emerson

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by BigNate
Sign of the times.
Not sure what it is, but I’d buy every one that I could at that price/condition!

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by BigNate
Sign of the times.
Not sure what it is, but I’d buy every one that I could at that price/condition!

Yeah, getting a 30-06 in that condition for 1200 is a score. A 308, well a horseshoe landed right...

Semper Fi
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Just caught up here re "Rifleman's Rifle" dimension of this Thread. For me generally, books are vehicles of entertainment/information and especially as repetitive reference. Digitalized versions as available, ever so much handier. Content in arms length reach everywhere my laptop goes! The fact of my fairly competent hard copy as compelling compromise as pre-digital. Even then, as every dollar for a publication, one less for the guns which were the whole purpose of the books!

Not to 'Dis' books including the "collecting of". But I'll continue the "vehicle" approach as conjuring the "collector editions" as maybe cumulatively accounting for one or two rifles. Ones you can read about as ones I own!

Different strokes for different folks... Respectfully!
Best!
John

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
My most accurate Model 70 is a 308 using A4064 with 165gr pills. Always cutting holes

L
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
L
Is there a digital version of the rule book??

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
698 members (10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12308300, 007FJ, 160user, 10Glocks, 82 invisible), 2,744 guests, and 1,304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,637
Posts18,398,948
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.