Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
AGL4now Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Could be available locally (Anch. Mat-Su Kenai)

ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).
BP-B2

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Boondocks got one in today beautiful gun went home with owner 2 plus year wait from when it was ordered. The one I saw was a short barreled carbine.

Last edited by kk alaska; 05/25/23.

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
A
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by kk alaska
Boondocks got one in today beautiful gun went home with owner 2 plus year wait from when it was ordered. The one I saw was a short barreled carbine.

This one has a 16" Octagon Barrel, Take-Down. As new in the box. Fired "one" cartridge, to ensure it works. This is Deluxe model; I think it was a limited production of 100 rifles. My guess is 6 or 7 years ago. I have not kept track of value, the last one I seen on Gun Broker Com went for $3,030.00 This was maybe three years ago.

ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by AGL4now

This one has a 16" Octagon Barrel, Take-Down. As new in the box. Fired "one" cartridge, to ensure it works. This is Deluxe model; I think it was a limited production of 100 rifles. My guess is 6 or 7 years ago. I have not kept track of value, the last one I seen on Gun Broker Com went for $3,030.00 This was maybe three years ago.

Looks like they dropped in value. This one goes for $2,049 and is new, unfired:
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/984489064

Or this one for $1945:
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/986823931

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
A
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe

Looks like they dropped in value. This one goes for $2,049 and is new, unfired:
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/984489064

Or this one for $1945:
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/986823931

Thanks, both nice firearms. But not the same by a long shot. But, thank you.

IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
There is one like this, in 44 Mag. Current bid $2,426.00

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/987600707

A
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
There is one like this, in 44 Mag. Current bid $2,551,00

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/987600707

It will be fun for me to watch this sale.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Boondocks 92 Trapper in 45 Colt sold for around $1600 very nice looking rifle!

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Are you looking for one?

Throttle fixes everything. If it doesn't fix the problem, it’ll end the suspense.
A
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Reloder28

Are you looking for one?

No, I have one, going to sell it. Was simply wondering if anyone in that area was remotely interested.

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Reloder28

Are you looking for one?

No, I have one, going to sell it. Was simply wondering if anyone in that area was remotely interested.

Most of us are always interested in good deals. Price?

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
A
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
A

A buyer makes the good deal, not the seller. Plus I have little interest in shipping it to America. Here is one available https://www.gunbroker.com/item/987600707

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Man, you know you only paid a hundred dollar bill and a crack rock for that rifle........

A
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak
Man, you know you only paid a hundred dollar bill and a crack rock for that rifle........

I offered it to you for $1,350.00 about three years ago on the other forum (which is what I paid for it three years prior) You countered at $800.00 "MAX" you would pay. I tried to sweeten the deal, you said, "you just wanted for a clunker boat gun, to throw in the canoe, and if necessary, use it for a paddle". That conversation ended.

A week later I was on Gun Broker for some other reason, and while on there decided to look-up any sales of this exact model. As it turned out an auction had just ended. And it sold for $3,030.00 even more strange it was "ONE" serial number off mine. There were only 100 made.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

A buyer makes the good deal, not the seller. Plus I have little interest in shipping it to America. Here is one available https://www.gunbroker.com/item/987600707

You constantly play immature games every time you "try" to sell any firearm. No one mentioned shipping any rifle anywhere. Grow up. No one is going to beg you to buy anything from you. I watched you play the same game on the Alaska forum for years.
I accept blame for this as I should of never even asked you for the price because you have no intention of ever selling it.

A
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
A

You constantly play immature games every time you "try" to sell any firearm. No one mentioned shipping any rifle anywhere. Grow up. No one is going to beg you to buy anything from you. I watched you play the same game on the Alaska forum for years.
I accept blame for this as I should of never even asked you for the price because you have no intention of ever selling it.

The "Original Post" I felt made it clear I was looking in my relatively local area. I am dying (end of life). For what it is worth, I started buying and selling firearms in 1956. I worked at Boondocks Gun Store for two years, and Eight Years at Great Northern Guns, in the off season as a Registered Alaskan Guide. Did all or nearly all the gun shows for 36 years generally had three to five tables, started doing Alaska Gun Shows in 1970 @ the Armory on Lake Hood, Anchorage,

So, I am still learning, after 67 years of buying and selling firearms. I know you have "VASTLY" superior knowledge and experience then myself. However, I have done well buying & selling Gold/Silver/Rolex Watches, Heavy Equipement, Stocks & Bonds, Owned three Alaska Realestate Companies, done several industrial subdivisions and sold them out, bought and sold many aircrafts. I do here-by bow to your massive superior wisdom in the field of marketing.

A
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
A

Most "Buyers" know zero about how to negotiate a purchase. Lacking skill, they fall back on the old, Low-Ball the asking price, this "INSTANTLY" communicates to the seller the skills with whom he/she is negotiating. this tells the seller where he/she needs to stand on price.

I once sold a D-8 Dozer to a company for $11,000.00 more than I had earlier told them they could have it for. Was totally the buyer's fault.

A
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
[size:14pt][/size]

I have offered this firearm several times, have only ever received one offer of $800.00 Being as it was a very limited production of 100 The market for this type of firearm is not Alaska. It is one of the internet auctions houses.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I think your process is odd, usally the seller states a price and some photos, then negotiations start.

Buyers today want to see a photo of "the" object they are buying, not just a similar one. I know posting pictures for you has always been difficult. No pictures is a guarantee of a reduced price... In today's marketplace.

I would love to have it, but really need a backhoe..

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
A
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by johnn
I think your process is odd, usally the seller states a price and some photos, then negotiations start.

Buyers today want to see a photo of "the" object they are buying, not just a similar one. I know posting pictures for you has always been difficult. No pictures is a guarantee of a reduced price... In today's marketplace.

I would love to have it, but really need a backhoe..

I agree one hundred percent with your post. But those born at the end of WW-II grew-up in a different reality and are influenced by that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
674 members (10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12308300, 007FJ, 160user, 10Glocks, 74 invisible), 2,734 guests, and 1,313 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,640
Posts18,399,000
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.