Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#18451611 05/25/23
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Bought a 365 TacPac this week, it includes a cheap kydex holster IWB/OWB, RH/LH.
Never thought IWB would be for me. Not even in my skinny days, which ended
in the last century.

I'm surprised how comfortable this holster is inside my britches!
Haven't even shot the gun yet, but I've been carrying it around to test
the holster/concept.

Was gonna buy a good owb holster and figure out how to conceal it.
I only wear t-shirts or a rare polo. Tucked in.

Now,I'm thinking that if this crappy holster works so well, IWB is the way to go.
Surely, a good holster would only be better.

Looking for guidance.

Leather vs kydex vs hybrid?
Loops, clips, j clips, ulticlips, 1 clip, 2 clip?

Little compact holster or wings to separate the clips/loops?

I like the idea of material between the gun and me, is it good, or not?

Any info is welcome, but please indicate if you have tried many holsters,
or just have one you love. Both types of opinion are valuable, it's just good
to know the perspective.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Best IWB Ive tried is the Kusiak. Buy direct online, or now available through Amazon. Have one for my G43 I bought 10 years ago and one for my Ruger LCP bought just 3 years ago. Leather is thin, stiff and perfectly formed. Price for my first one was $49. Next one was $59. Cant go wrong. Have tried a couple of the soft ones with a belt or band of harder leather made by some of the better known makers. NWAS in my opinion.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Never even heard of that one, gonna check it out.
Thanks.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I have both leather and Kydex holsters and much prefer a leather IWB, I bought mine off eBay neither are big name and they only cost less than $60.00. I use them to carry my Sig Sauer P239 and P320, the P320 is the more comfortable to carry almost forget that I'm carrying.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I started IWB carry before Kydex was even a thing, so it was always leather for me. When Kydex really started taking off, I tried a couple of them, but always went back to leather. Kydex is too hard, causing too many pressure points as you move around, while leather, being soft. will flex and bend with your body, so no pressure points.

Two IWB holsters I have liked and carried with extensively are Milt Sparks, either their VM II or their Executive Carry, and El Paso Saddlery's C-Force line.

Get a good stiff belt designed for concealed carry holsters. I like Galco's SB series. Been using them for 30 years with no complaints.

The guns I've carried comfortably IWB since 1980 have been full sized, all steel, 1911s, K-Frame S&W revolvers, Glocks (17, 19, 26), a Ruger mid frame revolver (Speed Six), Sig service-sized pistols, and an assortment of smaller auto pistols and revolvers.

IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I use a Bianchi Model 100 IWB holster for my Beretta Nano and it is very comfortable and convenient. The Nano is similar in size to the P365 but I would check the Bianchi holster size chart to be sure which one fits the P365.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I recently decided to try a IWB for my Sig 365XL and bought the Cross Breed "The Reckoning" holster. I went with it because it comes set up for IWB but can be configured for OWB. I'll be leaving it as IWB because I have been pleasantly surprised at how comfortable it is IWB. This holster also has adjustable retention clips which is nice.
Not the cheapest hostler but quality built.

Last edited by TRnCO; 05/26/23.

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I used one of these for a good while. Most comfortable IWB I had ever used out of several.
https://www.vedderholsters.com/lighttuck/

When I went from a size 48" waist Jeans to a size 29" IWB became problematic no matter the design. I could do appendix with a very small pistol but just prefer a high rise OWB now.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I started IWB carry before Kydex was even a thing, so it was always leather for me. When Kydex really started taking off, I tried a couple of them, but always went back to leather. Kydex is too hard, causing too many pressure points as you move around, while leather, being soft. will flex and bend with your body, so no pressure points.

Two IWB holsters I have liked and carried with extensively are Milt Sparks, either their VM II or their Executive Carry, and El Paso Saddlery's C-Force line.

Get a good stiff belt designed for concealed carry holsters. I like Galco's SB series. Been using them for 30 years with no complaints.

^This.

But I haven't yet bothered to acquire a good IWB for the 365 yet. OWB on a Milt Sparks belt under an untucked shirt (or vest in winter) is GTG. I have yet to find a commercial kydex holster that I like.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Oh - clips. They generally suck. It ain't that hard to thread a good belt through loops/slots. All the clips I've tried either don't hold well or are just as much a bother to apply.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by FreeMe
Oh - clips. They generally suck. It ain't that hard to thread a good belt through loops/slots. All the clips I've tried either don't hold well or are just as much a bother to apply.
The IWB holster I've been using exclusively for the last ten years or so has been the El Paso Saddlery C-Force, and it has a single snap on loop. It uses a high quality snap, so it has never come undone on me while wearing it, and is no problem snapping on or off the belt. No need to thread the belt through the loops, although that's how I used to roll when I used Milt Sparks IWB holsters, and it was no big deal doing that, either.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I use Milt Sparks IWBs and have for 30 years. Still have not worn one out, in spite of lots of use.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I have multiple different example such as the Versa Max, Summer Specials, and a couple I don't recall the names. They all work well, but I find myself using and preferential to the old school Summer Special versions.

I even picked one up for a 4" N Frame .44, which works rather well if you wear the proper pants and belt.

This one is from 1991:

The punchline is that they are excellent holsters, worth waiting a little longer for, since they will last longer than you will. If you are really going to carry a gun for hours on end, day after day, spending a little extra and getting a great holster instead of a mediocre one is a very smart thing to do. Otherwise it will end up in a box and you be back to looking at holsters in a few months.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
For IWB Milt Sparks or TT Gunleather. Both have been excellent for me. I hate Kydex, they scrub the hell out of your gun. And I agree that clops are not satisfactory. I tried several of them.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The IWB holster I've been using exclusively for the last ten years or so has been the El Paso Saddlery C-Force, and it has a single snap on loop. It uses a high quality snap, so it has never come undone on me while wearing it, and is no problem snapping on or off the belt. No need to thread the belt through the loops, although that's how I used to roll when I used Milt Sparks IWB holsters, and it was no big deal doing that, either.

Snap loops are great. But I find myself just leaving them snapped most of the time. smile

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
I use Milt Sparks IWBs and have for 30 years. Still have not worn one out, in spite of lots of use.

I have multiple different example such as the Versa Max, Summer Specials, and a couple I don't recall the names. They all work well, but I find myself using and preferential to the old school Summer Special versions.

I even picked one up for a 4" N Frame .44, which works rather well if you wear the proper pants and belt.

This one is from 1991:

The punchline is that they are excellent holsters, worth waiting a little longer for, since they will last longer than you will. If you are really going to carry a gun for hours on end, day after day, spending a little extra and getting a great holster instead of a mediocre one is a very smart thing to do. Otherwise it will end up in a box and you be back to looking at holsters in a few months.

Been using the same VMII for more than a couple decades now. I wonder if they're making it optics friendly now?

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Snap loops are great. But I find myself just leaving them snapped most of the time. smile

Spoken like a right-hander. Try to thread a tight holster the long way around. wink

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
JOG #18453579 05/26/23
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Since you all are backward anyway,😇
why not put your belt on the opposite way?

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

That's an option, but belt buckles often have a top and bottom - all the ratchet belts for example.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
👍👍👍

Never tried one of those.

They sound good, but leather has always been ok.
Especially since I found Bullhide and Hank's.

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I like the Anson I have. The belt itself is not that much an advantage, but the ratchet provides for a lot more adjustment. You're a click or two away from untucked to tucking in a heavy shirt, to using an IWB and always having just the right size belt.

Robert Frost
P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P

This one is from 1991:

Been using the same VMII for more than a couple decades now. I wonder if they're making it optics friendly now?

Indeed they are. My latest VMII is for a G48 with a holosun.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Damn, I was just about to type the same thing. Wear it upside down and backwards.

JOG #18454571 05/27/23
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JOG

Spoken like a right-hander. Try to thread a tight holster the long way around. wink

I was a lefty for a while. wink And I have one belt that works best in reverse. If you practice POGO it's easiest to put it all together before you put on the pants. I usually do that the night before.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Jesus [bleep] Christ.

You either wanna wear IWB or you don't.

If you do, leather or Kydex matters not. The vast majority of people carrying today are wearing Kydex. For good reason.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deflave
Jesus [bleep] Christ.

If you do, leather or Kydex matters not. The vast majority of people carrying today are wearing Kydex. For good reason.

Be kind to obese people, for them IWB vs. OWB is not easy decision to make. Luckily Safariland makes a holster suitable for fat people. Google Safariland 18 IWB. This will not shift regardless of belt vs. loop fit and you will not have to wear your belt very tight to prevent gun holster shifting, this should help a lot for those with Michalin Man bodies.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Slavek
Jesus [bleep] Christ.

Be kind to obese people, for them IWB vs. OWB is not easy decision to make. Luckily Safariland makes a holster suitable for fat people. Google Safariland 18 IWB. This will not shift regardless of belt vs. loop fit and you will not have to wear your belt very tight to prevent gun holster shifting, this should help a lot for those with Michalin Man bodies.

Sure thing, Pollock.

LOL

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Jesus [bleep] Christ.

The only thing I like about Kydex is that reassuring click when you seat the handgun fully into it.

Welcome back.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I use this model for all my small carry guns. https://www.donhume.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=67_352_106&products_id=828
The clip is strong, leather is thin and it stays in place. Easy on and off.
And they are running a Memorial Day sale.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I have a p365. Picked up a raven vanguard holster for it. Replaced the oem holster clip with an ulticlip and it works great for me. Personally I like the minimalist holster design

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by pabucktail

This one is from 1991:

Indeed they are. My latest VMII is for a G48 with a holosun.

Good to know. That sure makes things easy for me.

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The only thing I like about Kydex is that reassuring click when you seat the handgun fully into it.

Leather holsters with an inner synthetic doodad that 'clicks' over the trigger guard are getting more common in OWB, IWB with something similar are probably out there.

Robert Frost
JOG #18456993 05/28/23
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by JOG

Leather holsters with an inner synthetic doodad that 'clicks' over the trigger guard are getting more common in OWB, IWB with something similar are probably out there.
Cool.

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
“Wifebeater” type undershirts are your friend when carrying IWB under a T-shirt or Polo. You can leave the shirt untucked yet keep something between the holster and your skin. I think I got this from TRH.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Flashdog
“Wifebeater” type undershirts are your friend when carrying IWB under a T-shirt or Polo. You can leave the shirt untucked yet keep something between the holster and your skin. I think I got this from TRH.
Yep. Wifebeaters have been worn by me since I started carrying IWB.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Jesus [bleep] Christ.

Agree 100%.
And am glad you jumped in.
You have mentioned holsters before,
I was staring at the pretty girl two pews up,
and not paying enough attention.

My questions were just that.
Don't really care about the material, just want a gun holder that works well.
And isn't miserable.

What do you like, and why.

G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
I use this combo for all my IWB carry. Made by a company called Cascadia Concealment. Hiding a full size gun is no problem.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I have been using am IWB holster by UM Tactical for my 365 for about 3 1/2 years now, almost every day. I like it a lot. I had a lot of reservations about a "plastic" holster, also about a clip on, but as long as I am wearing my usual 1 1/2" heavy leather belt, the clip snaps on and stays on, solid and stable. I like this holster enough I've thought about getting another, just in case they discontinue it.

This is it: https://palmettostatearmory.com/um-tactical-iwb-sig-sauer-p365-holster.html

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by cra1948
I have been using am IWB holster by UM Tactical for my 365 for about 3 1/2 years now, almost every day. I like it a lot. I had a lot of reservations about a "plastic" holster, also about a clip on, but as long as I am wearing my usual 1 1/2" heavy leather belt, the clip snaps on and stays on, solid and stable. I like this holster enough I've thought about getting another, just in case they discontinue it.

This is it: https://palmettostatearmory.com/um-tactical-iwb-sig-sauer-p365-holster.html

Palmetto is out.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Jesus [bleep] Christ.

Agree 100%.

And isn't miserable.

CompTac or Black Scorpion is tough to beat.

Anything T-Rex Arms is gonna be tough to not love.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Jesus [bleep] Christ.

Agree 100%.

And isn't miserable.

CompTac or Black Scorpion is tough to beat.

Anything T-Rex Arms is gonna be tough to not love.

Any experience with Tier 1 concealed for IWB or appendix carry for that matter?

Last edited by Pat85; 05/29/23.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Pat85
Any experience with Tier 1 concealed for IWB or appendix carry for that matter?

I don't use one but know a few competent people that do. They have no complaints.

It's tough to buy a schitty holster these days.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
HAWG Holsters.

Ulti-Clip most secure.

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I use Muddy Tactical holsters, they are very comfortable. I find the rounded bottom (at the muzzle ) does not dig into me like so many that are not rounded.

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Really appreciate everyone's thoughts on this, I about wore out my tablet looking at everyone's suggestions. And all the other things that popped up on Google.

As I said, I really liked the Sig holster that came with the gun.
The design, the execution sucked. As one would expect in a holster that was designed to be IWB and OWB, ambidextrous, and cheap.

Finally ended up with this.
All black.

Very happy with it. It's really comfortable, and conceals well under a t shirt.
Even tucked. (Having love handles helps)😉

Whole thing has been an education. Have read IWB stuff for years, telling folks
how it's not really comfortable. How you have to adapt. How it just doesn't work for someone who isn't in perfect athletic condition.

I would have never paid the money to buy a holster with that in mind. Only even
tried it due to that POS free holster. A good holster addressed the issues it had
and showed me that all my previous assumptions were total BS.

Thanks to those who helped.

Anyone who thinks IWB might be too uncomfortable?

Buy a holster similar to mine, one that has compatability with numerous carry positions and ways to connect to the belt. You certainly can do it, comfortably.
The one trick is to find the where on you it's comfortable, along with the how to
hook it that suits you positioning and style.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Another vote for Milt Sparks IWB, I've got the Versa Max 2.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sam Andrews leather. No finer holsters in America.

Sam......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
IWB - is about all day, every day, comfort of carry with good access.

The Galco Suede Stow-n-go is as light weight/thin/comfortable as you are likely to get.

Treat it with sno-seal and then silicone spray, and it will be sweat proof and protect your firearm.

Cut the rear belt tab off and it can be forward canted to whatever angle you desire, and still be secure.

And they ride high, so the pistol is easy to get out in a hurry, and have a reinforced lip so re-holstering is no problem.

GR

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Always liked the bianchi pistol pocket

Last edited by Mike_Dettorre; 06/18/23.

Internet analysis: 1 in a row is a trend, 2 in a row is statistically significant, and 3 in a row is an irrefutable fact

Fools & fanatics are always so certain and wise people are always so questioning

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm a Milt Sparks VM-2 kinda guy, so called them to get one ordered for the new DWX. They said it would be 6 months to a year before they even got a mold gun in, to start building them. Well I wanna use the damn thing now, so I bought a cheap Galco made for something else and remodeled the leather part, and put a heat gun to the kydex part to re-form it to work on the new shooter. After using it awhile, I'm kinda liking the heck outta it......

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I also dropped the clips as far as ya can, to make it ride a bit higher.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by huntsman22
I'm a Milt Sparks VM-2 kinda guy, so called them to get one ordered for the new DWX. They said it would be 6 months to a year before they even got a mold gun in, to start building them. Well I wanna use the damn thing now, so I bought a cheap Galco made for something else and remodeled the leather part, and put a heat gun to the kydex part to re-form it to work on the new shooter. After using it awhile, I'm kinda liking the heck outta it......

The Galco's (& Tommy Theis) are knockoffs of the Crossbreed design & work just fine if you like that design.....................they take up a lot of space in the pants; I used them for some time & then moved on to other designs that I like better for my needs.

If it squeaks, apply some linseed oil.

MM

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As deaf as I am, how will I know if it squeaks?.....

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Train that dawg to let you know. smile

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Really considered that type of holster.
And I might go that route if I wanna IWB carry something bigger.
It seemed like a lot for a 365.

The wait is what cause me to ignore Milt Sparks, Sam Andrews.......
My research turned up more guys building beautiful leather than I imagined.
Expensive. But not bad considering the work.
I wanted a holster now, not next year.

Hell, some of the kydex guys claim several weeks wait.

Some amused me.
$50 extra and you get it quicker!
What a joke, and scam.
Bet the guy pushed back doesn't benefit from the $50.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I can recommend Alien Gear, Cloak/Tuck.
They have lots of different options,
The Cloak IWB is very comfortable.
https://aliengearholsters.com/alien-gear-cloak-tuck-3-0-iwb-holster-inside-the-waistband.html.html

MOLON LABE
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Sparks can't make a Criterion that can accommodate an optic, so I tried the VMII with an optic cutout for a P365. It rode too high for my liking and I sold it immediately. Now I just use kydex off-the-shelf stuff like a Blackhawk Stache or, if I want some side protection for the optic, the L.A.G. ambidextrous Liberator. I find that it may take some adjusting to get an optic gun to not print, so I prefer a holster that allows more adjustment to get the ride height and cant correct.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Ask yer wife.........................

MM

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

286 members (10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 264mag, 16penny, 1beaver_shooter, 2five7, 35 invisible), 2,818 guests, and 1,064 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,277
Posts18,467,617
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.