Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
^^^^THIS^^^^
is also my opinion. The primary cause of death was NOT the actions of Chauvin - it was the drugs in the felon's system.

Chauvin was railroaded. No wonder no one wants to be in law enforcement these days!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Look on the positive side. He’s drug free for 3 years now!

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Don't let your children grow up to be leo, not worth the pain

E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Chauvin went to jail over a piece of crap felon to prevent more rioting as stated before. Too bad he got railroaded. The Felon brought it upon himself. Edk

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Personally, I’m very proud of George! He’s been drug free for three years now.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Originally Posted by Seafire
Stupid idiot would have been dead by 5 PM, if he would have spent all day in front of the TV watching Cartoons..

Agreed, but they were careful in not stating a specific cause of death.

IMHO, Chauvin really got fu^cked................dry, & by a BIG dick.

MM

I spent 15 years living in DFL ran Minnesota. Liberal democRATs that always need a scapegoat, to blame for the problems that they have created. The DFL is BIG into "Don't let a Tragedy go to waste". 19 years of service and Chauvin just got thrown out the window to land under the bus....

Typical liberals, playing one side off the other...Floyd was another social waste in our society. He blindly killed himself by overdosing. NO ONE else killed him... just himself. I hope Chauvin gets out of prison and sues the DFL right down to their shorts...

No wonder no one wants to be a cop anymore.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
This reminds me of discussions I have on the liberal motorcycle forum when I SHOW them how little of a problem "assault" rifles are in the grand scheme of premature deaths.

Paul is a troll.

Paul is a poopy pants.

It's good to see that liberals aren't the only ones who operate on emotion rather than fact, logic and the law.

There are No Liberals..

Only Marxist, Maoist and their Sympathizer's.

Get in the Car Mr. Floyd..

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Vicki Weaver and Ashli Babbitt were murdered.

Floyd died from disease and drugs.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Folks, I'll catch hell for this, but as you well know, I don't let that keep me from saying what I want to say. I think in this case I'll simply ask questions and encourage law enforcement or legal professionals to answer them.

When a law enforcement officer takes custody of someone, do they have a duty of care for that person?

If the answer is yes, what is the general standard of that care?

If the answer is yes, what was the departmental specific standard of care for the specific set of circumstances of Floyd's case?

If you cannot answer those questions or you do not have a basic understanding of the duty of care an officer has to those in his custody, you'll never understand the jurors decision.

Let's play with those questions for a bit and see where it takes us.

Sounds like a good dog park diary talk...

When its time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to get on Noah's Arc... and brother, it is starting to rain!

The chair is against the wall.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Have we stumped the best minds on the worldwide web? We are missing one of the very best. He'll come in and ask a bunch of irrelevant questions about my past without ever so much as touching these important legal questions.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
So going by common practice, GF was a covid death........

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Paul you can keep score on this one too. The cops duty to act first is for scene safety. For LE and first responders not for the public. The subject though cuffed was not safely in custody because he was still actively trying to fight back up until he died. Sounds crazy but if you had a career dealing with folks like this they use every excuse to try and escape. Using “Im having chest pains” “faking a seizure” and “I can’t breathe” are all tactics used by folks apprehended and being detained. Only a rookie cop would have uncufffed a 230lb 6-2” guy once they had him cufffed. Because only a rookie would fall for that crap. Chauvin wasn’t trained as a medical person to determine if Floyd was actually having a medical issue. He was assuming Floyd was just using the usual BS to try and escape. EMS was called for Floyd from the beginning if Im not correct. His ingested cocktail did him in and EMS wouldn’t have saved his ass any way. The amount of armchair quarterbacking of this incident is astounding.

A bowhunter at heart but a gun guy at soul. I'll take craftsmanship, wood and blue steel over plastic and composite any day.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 348winchester
Paul you can keep score on this one too. The cops duty to act first is for scene safety. For LE and first responders not for the public. The subject though cuffed was not safely in custody because he was still actively trying to fight back up until he died. Sounds crazy but if you had a career dealing with folks like this they use every excuse to try and escape. Using “Im having chest pains” “faking a seizure” and “I can’t breathe” are all tactics used by folks apprehended and being detained. Only a rookie cop would have uncufffed a 230lb 6-2” guy once they had him cufffed. Because only a rookie would fall for that crap. Chauvin wasn’t trained as a medical person to determine if Floyd was actually having a medical issue. He was assuming Floyd was just using the usual BS to try and escape. EMS was called for Floyd from the beginning if Im not correct. His ingested cocktail did him in and EMS wouldn’t have saved his ass any way. The amount of armchair quarterbacking of this incident is astounding.

Oops. Someone needs to watch the video again.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by 348winchester

Oops. Someone needs to watch the video again.

0-8

Coward

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Have we stumped the best minds on the worldwide web? We are missing one of the very best. He'll come in and ask a bunch of irrelevant questions about my past without ever so much as touching these important legal questions.
Curious, who would that be?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If GF hadn't fought back, resisted arrest, and had just allowed himself to be taken into custody, would he be alive today?

GF had a long criminal history, so he knew the drill. Maybe his level of inebriation contributed to his combativeness, which in turn contributed to his death.

It is too bad that GF died in custody, too bad he hadn't just indulged his fentanyl habit to its logical outcome. Recreational drug users get no sympathy from me. Every recreational drug user made had a choice to start or not start using.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hastings

Sit back and wait. He'll be here. He is 100% reliable and predictable.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
If GF hadn't fought back, resisted arrest, and had just allowed himself to be taken into custody, would he be alive today?

GF had a long criminal history, so he knew the drill. Maybe his level of inebriation contributed to his combativeness, which in turn contributed to his death.

It is too bad that GF died in custody, too bad he hadn't just indulged his fentanyl habit to its logical outcome. Recreational drug users get no sympathy from me. Every recreational drug user made had a choice to start or not start using.

None of that has anything to do with Chauvin's duty to care for someone in his custody and the standard of that care.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Hastings

Sit back and wait. He'll be here. He is 100% reliable and predictable.

100% coward, 100% of the time.

He didn't provide care. Did Chauvin commit murder?

Let's go coward, dodge the question and make your next retarded point.

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 05/26/23.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Now on to question two. What is the general standard of care?

I don't know, maybe something like this:

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

So what does the Marquess of Queensberry say about street interactions with thugs forcibly resisting arrest?

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (1eyedmule, 1beaver_shooter, 222ND, 12344mag, 257 mag, 2003and2013, 67 invisible), 2,506 guests, and 1,269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,675
Posts18,456,200
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.