Hop To
Page 3 of 45 1 2 3 4 5 44 45
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Originally Posted by BuzzH
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
What would happen if the two private landowners at the corners each erected a short stretch of border wall style fence and connected them?

They'd be violating the UiA....read the summary judgement.
Your still a fugking loser

BP-B2

H
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
H
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
That would allow the passage of most ATV's at 50" (including my 50" RZR), but prohibit 95% of UTV's at 60" or more.

Have to get around roadless designations first. My guess, traffic will be limited to foot and horse.

If you can ever gain passage of ROW laws.

If they do give passage of ROW then wouldn’t federal Americans With Disability Laws also be enforced?
There would have to be equal access for all, not just those physically able to climb ladders, right?

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by WMR
I guess I’ve always felt a landowner has the right to do what he wants with his own land. Every last inch of it. If he wants to build a high fence within 1mm of his corner, that’s his deal. If the cross corner guy does the same thing, then it’s the same thing.

I wish no public land were landlocked, but sometimes things aren’t like I wished.

Man, I am kinda with you on this, but can you imagine the mess we'd have if there were no easements or eminent domain?

If we’re gonna use eminent domain for recreational access, why not just seize all the good hunting and fishing places. Public good, and all.

Corner hopping is not an issue with me, but I do own property on a trout stream. Access here is pretty limited. Seizing a 10ft swath across my place would give lots of fishermen access. I wouldn’t care much for that.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by earlybrd
What would happen if the two private landowners at the corners each erected a short stretch of border wall style fence and connected them?

If buzzy can’t grift he ain’t interested

That’s why BHA does nothing for hunting seasons being shut down. But BHA and buzzy will support every gun ban and confiscation.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by earlybrd

If buzzy can’t grift he ain’t interested

That’s why BHA does nothing for hunting seasons being shut down. But BHA and buzzy will support every gun ban and confiscation.
Fugk buzzy and his grift he’s a loser

IC B2

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Huntingfool270
That would allow the passage of most ATV's at 50" (including my 50" RZR), but prohibit 95% of UTV's at 60" or more.

Have to get around roadless designations first. My guess, traffic will be limited to foot and horse.

If they do give passage of ROW then wouldn’t federal Americans With Disability Laws also be enforced?
There would have to be equal access for all, not just those physically able to climb ladders, right?

Probably not. They have not installed wheel chair ramps to the top of the best elk hunting mountains.......YET.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
#winning, nothing new, I'm used to it.

Hopefully gets appealed by iron bar holdings so we can win again in the 10th circuit. That will set precedent in a big part of the West.

Take out your notepads and pencils, this is how it's done.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
#winning, nothing new, I'm used to it.

Hopefully gets appealed by iron bar holdings so we can win again in the 10th circuit. That will set precedent in a big part of the West.

Take out your notepads and pencils, this is how it's done.
I opened up my note pad the first page said buzzy is a loser

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WMR
If we’re gonna use eminent domain for recreational access, why not just seize all the good hunting and fishing places. Public good, and all.

Corner hopping is not an issue with me, but I do own property on a trout stream. Access here is pretty limited. Seizing a 10ft swath across my place would give lots of fishermen access. I wouldn’t care much for that.
Eminent Domain is used fairly often for recreational access such as boat ramps and dams when it was legal to build a dam. In my state all kinds of land and even graveyards were taken (and paid for) when dammed up water covered them. And we don't as a rule dam up water for power generation, irrigation, or city water supply although sometimes water systems do tap in after the fact. It is usually that a lake is built for recreation.

As to your trout stream you probably aren't in danger unless you are blocking the only nearby access to a large public property.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
How do they get the dead game back over the ladder? Is there a long way around by road?

Last edited by reivertom; 05/27/23.
IC B3

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by WMR

Eminent Domain is used fairly often for recreational access such as boat ramps and dams when it was legal to build a dam. In my state all kinds of land and even graveyards were taken (and paid for) when dammed up water covered them. And we don't as a rule dam up water for power generation, irrigation, or city water supply palthough sometimes water systems do tap in after the fact. It is usually that a lake is built for recreation.

As to your trout stream you probably aren't in danger unless you are blocking the only nearby access to a large public property.

I’ve never heard of ED being used here (MI) for recreational access. It may have happened, but it must be rare. If we’re to go there, why limit it to corner crossing issues? Just seize all the good land and call it a public good. Shucks, maybe seize businesses while we’re at it. We all know how that ends.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Yep. imminent domaine, one square yard, foot traffic only, at corner crossings would fix it, but lets face it, many, perhaps all, western states' legislatures are in the pocket of the big ranchers.

Ain't gonna happen.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

H
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
H
Originally Posted by Huntingfool270

Probably not. They have not installed wheel chair ramps to the top of the best elk hunting mountains.......YET.

Not saying I agree with it. I’m saying once this ball gets rolling it’s not going to be guided by level headed, practical, logical, and reasonable decisions. There are already too many laws out there and the whole concept of unintended consequences. Who knows where this ends.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Just look to Stalin's Russia to know exactly where it ends.

Federal seizures of all lands and businesses.

There is a hell of big difference between eminent domain to build a new freeway for millions to use each year, or seizing a piece of private property so six hunters can get across to what they think might be a honey hole.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I do not see myself corner crossing, but I am glad to see the ruling.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Maybe a group that builds “sky bridges” from closest public access to the public land so that the people that actually pay for it can access it. 😂. The Eshelman’s of the world either agree to allow access for all in perpetuity or they’ll be responsible that nothing they do or own or employ will damage the public access.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by las
Yep. imminent domaine, one square yard, foot traffic only, at corner crossings would fix it, but lets face it, many, perhaps all, western states' legislatures are in the pocket of the big ranchers.

Ain't gonna happen.

Throw the Guides/Outfitters in there too. G/O’s in WY would turn WY into Alberta if they could where NOBODY from out of state could hunt a thing without them.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I chose 1 square yard to eliminate 4 wheelers and UTV. It would not eliminate 2 wheel traffic, like motorcycles, so that's why I specified foot traffic only. Had not considered the handicap thing. Wheelchairs are less than 36 inches wide, usually

Handicap access for those that can walk 2 steps or fit a wheelchair through a doorway? I don't see a problem.

Last edited by las; 05/28/23.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
There is no discussion about motorized access or any talk of eminent domain or any other taking.

This case is/was 100% about stepping from one piece of public land to another piece of public land.

Read the summary judgement...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There is no discussion about motorized access or any talk of eminent domain or any other taking.

This case is/was 100% about stepping from one piece of public land to another piece of public land.

Read the summary judgement...
One step at a time. I'm sure you'll eventually get it pared down to only people who are nicknamed "Buzz" and last name starts with "H".

Politics is War by Other Means
Page 3 of 45 1 2 3 4 5 44 45

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
692 members (160user, 12344mag, 12308300, 17CalFan, 16Racing, 1234, 65 invisible), 2,697 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,620
Posts18,398,530
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.