Print Thread
Hop To
Page 30 of 45 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 44 45
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Hastings
The personal attacks are a bit out of place maybe? I was enjoying the discussion about the right of passage issue. Not knowing anything about the Buzz person or the BHA I was very pleased to see the courts come down on the side of the little man, the everyday citizen trying to access his property that is his by right of being a U.S. citizen.

I am fortunate to own enough property to satisfy my needs but a lot of folks aren't and as I have stated earlier I spent a 30 year career dealing with wealthy men that wanted the state to keep the "riff raff" far away from their property.

I'm wondering what the big deal is with Buzz and what difference does it make about the .243W vs. the 6mm Rem?
I think it stems from BuzzyTard being affiliated with gun grabbers.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by Hastings
The personal attacks are a bit out of place maybe? I was enjoying the discussion about the right of passage issue. Not knowing anything about the Buzz person or the BHA I was very pleased to see the courts come down on the side of the little man, the everyday citizen trying to access his property that is his by right of being a U.S. citizen.

I am fortunate to own enough property to satisfy my needs but a lot of folks aren't and as I have stated earlier I spent a 30 year career dealing with wealthy men that wanted the state to keep the "riff raff" far away from their property.

I'm wondering what the big deal is with Buzz and what difference does it make about the .243W vs. the 6mm Rem?
I think it stems from BuzzyTard being affiliated with gun grabbers.
Oh,

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Steve
My understating the criminal trespass charges were dismissed. Not sure the reasoning for the dismissal.

The guys brought a ladder. It nor the hunters touched the private land. Now sure the space above the private property was occupied by the ladder and and the bodies of the hunters.

However, what damages where there to the property owners? They were suing for 7M saying the value of their land was reduced by that much. Love to see how they would prove that.

Reminds me of the old tale where a scrooge of a guy sued a another poor guy for eating a bowl of rice while smelling scrooge's meat dinner cooked. The poor guy enjoyed the smell and it made his rice taste better. Judge found that the poor guy did indeed steal the smell of scrooge's meal. Judge asked the poor guy if he had any money. Guy pulls out a few copper pennies. Judge told the poor guy to drop the coins from one hand to another. The judge then turned to scrooge and told him the recompense for stealing a smell is the sound of coins.

My understanding was that the owner chained the fence posts together. Doesn't some of the chain also go over the public land?

Dammit Steve.

Another one trying to make sense of a rather nonsensical issue.

Yeah, maybe those chains intruded upon public "air space" and the owner had no right to do so?

PS I love the sound of the coins story!

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
🤣🤣🤣🤣

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BuzzH
Your...inability to behave like an adult...

You say that like it's a bad thing. Adults suck.

BTW, that was proper use of an ellipsis.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Seems like the guberment could spend less on child sex changes and lease a ROW or some such to enable the public to access any hard to reach public tract or leases. That could help avoid all this pettiness of corner crossing.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Buzz reminds me of the smart mouth kid in school that picked his nose and everybody threw rocks at🤣🤣🤣

Last edited by earlybrd; 05/31/23.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm not affected by corner crossing, but adjoin a state section, and through my property is the best access to that section. I have no problem letting people use my road to access that state land, only requiring they ask. Most requests are accompanied by "can we hunt yours? which I usually deny. I do tell people if they shoot a deer on state land and it dies on mine they can retrieve it on foot.

My point is I try not to limit others use of public land. If I were in a corner crossing situation I would not consider a leg hovering over 4 square feet of an agricultural section a significant imposition on my ownership rights.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 300_savage
I'm not affected by corner crossing, but adjoin a state section, and through my property is the best access to that section. I have no problem letting people use my road to access that state land, only requiring they ask. Most requests are accompanied by "can we hunt yours? which I usually deny. I do tell people if they shoot a deer on state land and it dies on mine they can retrieve it on foot.

My point is I try not to limit others use of public land. If I were in a corner crossing situation I would not consider a leg hovering over 4 square feet of an agricultural section a significant imposition on my ownership rights.

You are a good man.

IC B3

F
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
F
Seems like the guberment could spend less on child sex changes and lease a ROW or some such to enable the public to access any hard to reach public tract or leases. That could help avoid all this pettiness of corner crossing.
You make too much sense.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Yes, pettiness should be avoided at all costs.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Yes, pettiness should be avoided at all costs.
Yes , I will also add pushing homosexuality and transgenderism on an entire population. Are homos and trannies that weak that they need government help to live their lives ?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Have you found those who use your road throw trash out, go Mach III or otherwise somehow cause havoc?

I am all for respecting private property rights as well as programs or legislation providing reasonable access through private to public, but it seems people always find a way to ruin it.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Have you found those who use your road throw trash out, go Mach III or otherwise somehow cause havoc?

I am all for respecting private property rights as well as programs or legislation providing reasonable access through private to public, but it seems people always find a way to ruin it.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E

👍👍

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Establishing public ROWs to landlocked public parcels and other access programs have been tried through many, many different venues. It just wasn’t working in a lot of cases such as the Elk Mountain area.

Those landowners are/were going way, way out of their way to block the public from using public land for a reason and leasing access ROWs just wasn’t something they were willing to consider. If they were offered millions of dollars to offer public access they may consider it, but then we’d all be bitching about using so much taxpayer money for it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Except, when all is said and done, there will likely be no need for a lease of a ROW or any other access on the majority of corner crossings in the West.

Originally Posted by 300_savage

And, upon what I was able to dig up in probably less than an hour this morning, the Law will likely agree with that statement in bold there:

WY statute 10-4-303 reference here (my bold):

Ultimately this is what is going to be decided in court and could possibly set precedent for the other 9.52 million acres of landlocked Federal Land. All States might be a little different, but Wyoming specifically states, under 10-4-302, that “The ownership of the space above the lands and waters of this state is declared to be vested in the several owners of the surface beneath subject to the right of flight described in W.S. 10-4-303” which states in part “At such a low altitude as to interfere with the existing use to which the land or water, or the space over the land or water, is put by the owner”. Maybe the hunters should have jumped over the corner instead?

https://amerisurv.com/2023/02/09/corner-crossing/

Also even in WI:

The WUAA vests ownership of airspace to the landowner subject to a public right of flight. Wis. Stat. § 114.03. Flight is lawful “unless at such a low altitude as to interfere with the then existing use to which the land or water, or the space over the land or water, is put by the owner, or unless so conducted as to be imminently dangerous or damaging to persons or property lawfully on the land or water beneath.” Wis. Stat. § 114.04.

https://www.stroudlaw.com/hey-thats-my-air-trespass-by-delivery-drone/

Perhaps the question to be answered, in the majority of corner crossing cases: Does the act of crossing over a corner "interfere with the existing use to which the land or water, or the space over the land or water, is put by the owner” ?

Your State? Perhaps it would be best to look up the rules there in case you have a day in court. Get a good lawyer to argue your feet were, in effect, flying over the unoccupied land of the private property owner and not interfering with any existing use?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Establishing public ROWs to landlocked public parcels and other access programs have been tried through many, many different venues. It just wasn’t working in a lot of cases such as the Elk Mountain area.

Those landowners are/were going way, way out of their way to block the public from using public land for a reason and leasing access ROWs just wasn’t something they were willing to consider. If they were offered millions of dollars to offer public access they may consider it, but then we’d all be bitching about using so much taxpayer money for it.
Mr T,

you seem to have hit the proverbial head of the nail there.

Not only the guy in the discussion here, but there are others who like things like checkerboard lands within their "ranches" to continue to be access free so they can use them for their own purposes, without compensating the public for such.

In it is contentment

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Buzz reminds me of the smart mouth kid in school that picked his nose and everybody threw rocks at🤣🤣🤣
You remind me of the kids I sent home with busted noses, fat lips, and loose teeth when they got smart.

Page 30 of 45 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 44 45

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

72 members (Algotguns, 21, 808outdoors, 1973cb450, ATC, 8 invisible), 1,420 guests, and 743 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,675
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.