Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
O
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
The rise of Leftist Liberal Supremacism has been tied to Mental disorders such as:

Narcissism, megalomania, etc

https://nypost.com/2023/05/25/left-wing-extremism-linked-to-psychopathy-narcissism-study/

Influencer dies after binge drinking on livestream: 'He was...
Colorectal cancer on the rise in young people could be caused by fungus: study
Colorectal cancer on the rise in young people could be caused by...
I'm a urologist — men have been peeing the wrong way
I'm a urologist — men have been peeing the wrong way

LIFESTYLE
Facebook
Twitter
Flipboard
WhatsApp
Email
Copy

Left-wing extremism linked to psychopathy and narcissism: study
By Alex Mitchell
May 25, 2023 2:42pm Updated
Sorry, the video player failed to load.(Error Code: 101102)
Left-wing extremism is linked to toxic, psychopathic tendencies and narcissism, according to a new study published to the peer-reviewed journal Current Psychology.

“Based on existing research, we expected individuals with higher levels of left-wing authoritarianism to also report higher levels of narcissism,” the authors wrote.

MORE ON:
LIBERALS
Republicans damned if they do, damned if they don’t in Trump’s 2024 candidacy
Taking down loathsome lefty pol Dan Goldman
Eric Adams stands nearly alone against the far left
Media play duck and cover-up for Joe Biden

ADVERTISEMENT

As result of the new data, study authors Ann Krispenz and Alex Bertrams have coined a new term for such psychological behavior: the “dark-ego-vehicle principle.”

“According to this principle, individuals with dark personalities — such as high narcissistic and psychopathic traits — are attracted to certain forms of political and social activism which they can use as a vehicle to satisfy their own ego-focused needs instead of actually aiming at social justice and equality,” they told PsyPost.

Left wing extremism can be rooted in very unhealthy and selfish mental behavior, a new study reports.
Left-wing extremism can be rooted in very unhealthy and selfish mental behavior, a new study suggests.
AP
Demonstrators tried to kick down a fence during a Black Lives Matter protest on July 23, 2020 in Portland.
Left-wing extremism is tied to narcissism more than it is to supporting social causes, according to new research.
AP

ADVERTISEMENT

“In particular, certain forms of activism might provide them with opportunities for positive self-presentation and displays of moral superiority, to gain social status, to dominate others, and to engage in social conflicts and aggression to satisfy their need for thrill seeking.”

The study on left-wing authoritarianism also showed that many times they do not practice what they so loudly preach.

Social justice is often used as a guise for these activists to behave unhinged, the research noted.

People protest at the planned site of a police training facility that activists have nicknamed "Cop City" in DeKalb County, Ga. on March 4, 2023.
“Based on existing research, we expected individuals with higher levels of left-wing authoritarianism to also report higher levels of narcissism,” the authors of a new study wrote.
Cheney Orr

ADVERTISEMENT

“An individual high in LWA might declare anyone to be ‘old fashioned’ who is opposing their own ‘progressive values,’ strive to suppress free speech to regulate the expression of right-wing beliefs in educational institutions, and even endorse the use of violence to reach their own political goals,” the authors said.

Beyond using any means necessary, people of privileged backgrounds who are aligned with LWA often use their narcissism to make activism solely about themselves instead of achieving social equality for struggling groups.

“Minority groups should be made aware of the narcissistic ‘enemies’ from within their activist movement, as these individuals could hijack the cause thereby reducing the success of the activism in many ways,” the authors added.

“As grandiose narcissists typically desire fame, distinction, elevated social status and high social importance, they can be assumed to strive for influential positions that involve social visibility and outreach as well as access to financial and other resources.”

What do you think? Post a comment.
The authors also made it clear that authoritarianism exists on both sides of the political spectrum and that “there is a wide range of literature and research in the field of right-wing authoritarianism.

“However, research on authoritarianism observed in individuals who are supportive of left-wing political ideologies are still rare.”

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Been saying it long before it was popularized - liberalism is a mental illness.

O
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by 10Glocks
Been saying it long before it was popularized - liberalism is a mental illness.
The liberal mind is a wonderful thing to paste

To the "Sheriff's "Wanted" board...

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
I've always viewed leftist ideology as a sort of psuedomoralism. They have to take hard activist stand on issues because they need some catharsis in their life to help them cope with the deep knowledge of just what rotten people they really are. They aren't going to change their actions so cognitive disadence takes over and they take on the dogma of the left and become strong advocates for neomoralistic issues to protect their egos from having to cope with the truly rotten aspects of their existence.

It's like when I was staying in a youth hostel in Hawaii years ago and some of the girls staying there started giving me a hard time about eating eggs for breakfast. They said you know that's just an unborn chicken you are murdering. My response was to ask how many abortions have you had. The girl went hysterical and broke into tears and ran out of the house.

The other guys started threatening me and asking if I liked to fight. I told them I don't like to fight but I am rather good at it. They backed down and the hysterical girls friend came back in and told me I was a wicked terrible person. I then asked if her friend had actually had an abortion. And she knodded yes and held up 2 fingers. She told me I needed to leave. I said ok I'll leave but I won't be manipulated into thinking I'm a bad person for eating eggs by someone who's killed two of her own babies.

I left and went and stayed with my friends at BYU Hawaii. We talked about it and they were all curious how I knew to ask about abortions. I told them I'd seen a pattern and even tried to do a project on it for my advanced psych research class but my professor shut it down because he said it was too inflammatory. But I'd already done some research and found that many strong animal rights people or other champions of leftist causes had real challenges in their life with traditional morality. Like the protector of chicken eggs that had herself had abortions was taking a strong stance on the animal rights thing to feel good about herself and to prove what a good person she is because down deep she's conflicted with decisions she's made in the past.

Some of the most immoral people on traditional moral issues are the strongest activists for the lefts modern causes be it environmental, or social or political. They fight hard for some modern cause because they are very deeply flawed in some way with traditional issues of morality. Often having addictions, had abortions, very sexually promiscuous, politically corrupt, or just extremely dishonest, selfish, and self absorbed and rarely involved in traditional acts of service and often don't donate their own time or money to people in need. But hey they'll guilt trip you for having eggs for breakfast.

Bb

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Good post Burleyboy.

"We talked about it and they were all curious how I knew to ask about abortions. I told them I'd seen a pattern and even tried to do a project on it for my advanced psych research class but my professor shut it down because he said it was too inflammatory. "

Perhaps that professor had had an abortion or "fathered" one.

Please don't feed the trolls!
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
GREAT post Burleyboy !!!

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I’ll echo the above BB good post.

Abortion has always been a BS issue with zero logic. Recklessly causing a miscarriage while a woman is on her way to an abortion clinic is manslaughter. Deliberately causing it is homicide. If she “chooses” to have the abortion 20 minutes later it’s just tissue and not a human life.

Anyone playing those games is on the wrong side of logic.

A woman with access to all sorts of free to her birth control has a “right to choose” right up until a few months before delivery but a man and his child and 18 years of child support should have zero say in any of it. Because it’s all about men forcing decisions on women.

Roughly half of women are anti abortion and the man has absolutely zero say or choice in ANYTHING from fertilization until birth and has an uphill battle for the next 18 yrs but don’t let that get in the way of an emotional argument claiming that it’s all about men forcing decisions on women.

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
The Time for Talking to the Left is Over ..

For they ain’t Talking ..

Their Demanding..

Boy Scouts Motto

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
You hit it out of the park Bb.

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Well makes perfect sense

Be reasonable. Do it my way!
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Excellent post BB. I have a lot of the same thoughts but you put them in words that I couldn't parley. I barely passed the mandatory psych class in college. lol

A bowhunter at heart but a gun guy at soul. I'll take craftsmanship, wood and blue steel over plastic and composite any day.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Psychological projection is a defence mechanism of alterity concerning "inside" content mistaken to be coming from the "outside" Other.[1] It forms the basis of empathy by the projection of personal experiences to understand someone else's subjective world.[1] In its malignant forms, it is a defense mechanism in which the ego defends itself against disowned and highly negative parts of the self by denying their existence in themselves and attributing them to others, breeding misunderstanding and causing untold interpersonal damage.[2] A bully may project their own feelings of vulnerability onto the target, or a person who is confused may project feelings of confusion and inadequacy onto other people. Projection incorporates blame shifting and can manifest as shame dumping.[3] Projection has been described as an early phase of...

I have not studied psychology in a long time. I thought I'd find a concise description of a very basic construct... I was shocked by the Leftist "woke" views on the topic online. A common example was "homophobia". So in their World view if you are say a parent who shows up at a school board meeting to protest a drag queen show for young children you are the one with "repressed" pedophile feelings which are so deeply repressed you are the one most likely to sexually abuse children.

I had to stop reading. The "woke" mind virus is spread wide and deep.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Burleyboy, what you have described is what I would call virtue signaling. Not on your part but on the part of those who were trying to make you feel guilty for doing what normal people do. They were trying to make you feel guilty and make themselves feel superior to compensate for their own feeling of inferiority and inadequacy. Many people operate on an emotional level rather than an intellectual level. One of the big problems with society today.

But you already knew that, obviously.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Best post I've read in a long time, thanks BB.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Ever see a bear tear the chit out of a bush after an altercation with another bear or sometimes a human, that did not result in physical action at the time?

Psychological stress displacement. Same as above. Can't deal with the original cause, so one takes it out on something elsewhere.

We maybe should not have rolled that mid-Yukon River swimming grizzly in our boat wake. That was mean.

I'm sure it had nothing to do with a half-dozen fish camps torn up that very night. Can't be proven, anyway.

I'll take bears over Liberal loonies any day.

Last edited by las; 05/28/23.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Anybody else notice that Gen Z/Gen Alphas take any criticism/coaching as personal attacks?

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Isn't "Gen Z/Gen Alphas" an oxymoron?

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Anybody else notice that Gen Z/Gen Alphas take any criticism/coaching as personal attacks?

That's the vast majority of women, regardless of generation.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
A big part of it is generational resentment toward the fact that the system which presented opportunities during the past few decades doesn't exist in the 21st century.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
If you boil most liberal behavior down to jealousy or greed or refusal to take personal responsibility, or simply to the behavior of the average 10-12 year-old, it all starts to make more sense…

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 1936M71, 163bc, 70 invisible), 2,467 guests, and 1,183 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,541
Posts18,453,162
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.