Campfire Regular
Part ordered thanks will keep you posted

there is no man more free than he who has nothing left to lose --unknown--
" If it bleeds we can kill it" Conan The Barbarian
GB2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Some of these dealers will screw you royally. A friend of mine called last week and asked how much a starter for a Polaris should cost. He was having problems and said the dealer wanted $700 to put in a new starter. I asked some questions and concluded that the battery was the problem. It's 7 years old and has under 1000 miles on it. I think the battery was just aged out and had sat too many winters without being charged.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
7 years (!) is twice what I get from a Polaris battery. AGM this spring to see if that makes a difference.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Windfall
7 years (!) is twice what I get from a Polaris battery. AGM this spring to see if that makes a difference.
I bought my 2012 Polaris in '16. It still has the same Polaris battery that was in it when I bought it and it's quite possibly the original.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Anything over 500cc is a want, not a need.

Our 2012 Grizzly 450 has 20,000 miles and 6,500 hours on it.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
The saga continues, after spending weeks at the local shadetree grease monkey and costing big bucks for nothing, I got my ride home. I have looked it over and decided the jackass drained the gas, and tinkered with fuel system . What he didnot do was replace the battery like he said or go thru the wiring looking for a short,. So, after days of reading the manuals and watching u tube I got a new battery and a new voltage regulator, spent the morning hooking everything up . The battery dropped in as it should,the regulator was a bit of a bitch cause of it's located under the seat and was hard for this fat old guy to get underneath . It didn't snap in as easily as it snapped out but it's connected and secured. Test fire time?.... break on ,kill switch set ,key on ,punch button, hold breath, whine ,whine,whine and fire¡!!!!yes let it sit and run 30 minutes or so rev it up and idle back down , cut it off ,count to 30 , try again, whine, whine, whine, nothing. Dammit, Dammit.,Dammit.. went to the house had lunch, took a nap ,let it cool off . Went back out to shop, punched the button ,fired right up ,no codes showing this time, get her hot ,shut down and then fires back up, did this 5 times, so far everything seems to be working. Going to fill it with gas in the morning and then give her hell across the field and swamp.. moral of this story ; if you need something done, do it yourself!! Thank you Crow hunter and 24hourcampfire guy for the help with parts and manuals

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Late to the party but Yamaha Grizzly. Oldest I have had is an 02 660 and my son still uses it for his cows. In 21 years I have put two rear axles in and two batteries. Change the oil and air cleaner regularly. My 700 I had for 12 years and never did a thing to it except change oil and air cleaner.

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
At the moment the repairs seem to be working, only time will tell .but I am certainly looking for something else I just don't trust this one much anymore ,if I make it thru this year I am sure I will trade for a yamaha or a Suzuki they seen to be the most popular in this area and the easiest to get repaired if something goes wrong . Need to start saving pennies.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
28 days ago beav you were tearing your hair out and ready to haul it to the junk yard. You owe crow hunter and 24hr campfire guy BIG TIME. Whether you hate or not it runs and is now worth something again.

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I do own them muchly and have already thanked them just to be sure I thank them again. They are good men in spite of what their wives say about them.. and yes I am still mad at the usless trouble that the local shadetree mechanic cost me ,and yes I am planning on riding myself of this machine and let some other poor soul worry with it.

IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Still running my 99 Honda 300 and a 2012 Honda 500 foreman. My Honda 300 is a peach!

HMM-161, HMM-364
Semper Fi Brothers
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 1beaver_shooter
The saga continues, after spending weeks at the local shadetree grease monkey and costing big bucks for nothing, I got my ride home. I have looked it over and decided the jackass drained the gas, and tinkered with fuel system . What he didnot do was replace the battery like he said or go thru the wiring looking for a short,. So, after days of reading the manuals and watching u tube I got a new battery and a new voltage regulator, spent the morning hooking everything up . The battery dropped in as it should,the regulator was a bit of a bitch cause of it's located under the seat and was hard for this fat old guy to get underneath . It didn't snap in as easily as it snapped out but it's connected and secured. Test fire time?.... break on ,kill switch set ,key on ,punch button, hold breath, whine ,whine,whine and fire¡!!!!yes let it sit and run 30 minutes or so rev it up and idle back down , cut it off ,count to 30 , try again, whine, whine, whine, nothing. Dammit, Dammit.,Dammit.. went to the house had lunch, took a nap ,let it cool off . Went back out to shop, punched the button ,fired right up ,no codes showing this time, get her hot ,shut down and then fires back up, did this 5 times, so far everything seems to be working. Going to fill it with gas in the morning and then give her hell across the field and swamp.. moral of this story ; if you need something done, do it yourself!! Thank you Crow hunter and 24hourcampfire guy for the help with parts and manuals
An update on the article cat==my repairs only worked a couple of days ,so after asking the local auto zone found another guy that came highly recommended, went by his shop explained my problems and he said bring it over .Droppedit off late Sept and just got it back today, $800 later, new battery, voltage regulator, fuel pump throttle
adjusted ,power steering adjusted,and some wiring replaced where the last guy messed up . It was late when I got so haven't tried it out yet except to crank and load it on the trailer however I did strap it down tight and let it idle on the way home ,about 15 miles and it was still running when I got home so that in itself is a major improvement . Will get out tomorrow or Monday and run a tank of gas thru it ,then decide to sell or keep. Once again MANY THANKS TO CROW HUNTER AND 24HOURCAMPFIRE GUY AND ALL THE REST FOR THE HELP

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Yamaha !

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Son of a bitch it it ain't one thing it's another , filled the tank with alcohol freehigh test ( 4 gallons plus, 20 bucks), and put about 25 miles on it around the woods and fields, spooked a bunch of turkeys feeding under an oak , had a ball. Runs good , cranks and idles good . Then I started hearing a grinding sound by my right foot , sounds like I got a bearing going bad started slowing down and just managed a to get back to the truck and on the trailer, crap,taking it back to the shop today .

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Did acceleration feel normal or did the engine rev while acceleration was weaker or something else? Did it try to accelerate from a stop or stall when you were stopping?

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Engine would rev as normal but vehicle would go slower and slower almost like it was pulling a heavy load . ,would sit still stopped until I gave it gas and would be slow to move the grinding noise would get louder as I accelerated and ease off when I stopped but never quite go away ,all this started about 20 miles in and of course about a half mile from the truck so it was a slow go back to the truck

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Four wheelers are made to go to the cabin> six wheelers are made for hunting.... get you the Can-Am 650 6x there you go...buy once 😢 once. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Grinding sound is not good. Otherwise it could be as simple as using the wrong oil.

6x6 can be a great machine, if you can give up some maneuverability of the 4x4.

Last edited by 24HourCampFireGuy50; 03/13/24.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
324 members (160user, 257 mag, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 2UP, 34 invisible), 1,993 guests, and 922 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,593
Posts18,397,953
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.