Print Thread
Hop To
SupFoo Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
And it's "damn the torpeodos, full speed ahead"

Target VP Was Board Member for K-12 Transgender Advocacy Group

Target’s shareholders lost $9 billion in stock market value because the C-suite mixed its professional duties with its personal agendas, including advocacy for transgenderism.

The poster boy for this high-risk policy is Target’s vice president for brand marketing, Carlos Saavedra. He moonlights as a board member of an advocacy group for K-12 transgenderism and gay status. The group, titled GLSEN, is an acronym chosen by the teachers who formed the Gay, Lesbian & Straight Education Network in 1990.

Target’s website says Saavedra “leads Target brand stewardship & campaign development for initiatives including Holiday, Back-to-School/College, Target Run, Discovery, Inclusive Marketing, and Digital & Social Engagement.”

That description portrays Saavedra as the retail version of Bud Light’s Alissa Heinerscheid, who wrecked the company’s Bug Light business by trying to rebrand the blue-collar beer around transgender advocate Dylan Mulvaney.

Gotta read this one - it gets worse - way worse. Good ol' fashion journalism by Neil Munro

https://www.breitbart.com/health/2023/05/29/target-vp-board-member-k-12-transgender-advocacy-group/

Last edited by SupFoo; 05/29/23.
GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I hope they go broke. Haven't entered one in 20 years or more, and that won't change.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I didn't realize it was that bad. Kids can't even get to the normal kids stuff without passing through propaganda alley where the left tries to sexualize them first. My wife likes target but I'll never go into another one.

Bb

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Percussive sublimation in action.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from i.dailymail.co.uk]

Politics is War by Other Means
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
New 52 week low this morning, PE is still 23. I'm calling $60 with a PE of 10 Q2 2024. It still has a long way to fall. Stupid hurts.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
AB-Inbev probably isn't going to go bankrupt. Retailers, on the other hand, go belly-up all the time.

Politics is War by Other Means
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Target has been falling off the wagon of reality since Decades Ago...

I think the local one over in Medford, I've been in like 3 times in the last 20 years...and that was just a walk around, when I had time on my hands to see what they are up to now.

Metro Minneapolis, they are like fleas on a hound... but I quit spending money in one, 30 years ago.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Tyrone
[Linked Image from i.dailymail.co.uk]

Look at that face and tell me he doesn't day dream about buggering some 12 yr old's fanny, on a daily basis..

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tyrone
AB-Inbev probably isn't going to go bankrupt. Retailers, on the other hand, go belly-up all the time.

AB has to be accountable to its share holders, which can't be to happy with the $$ they are bleeding due to stupidity. I've heard they are buying back bud light by the trainload, and compensating distributors for lost sales. I think a lot of AB distributors are mainly AB distributors, so this really hurts them. I wouldn't be surprised to see some senior management changes soon.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
They don’t care. The lost money is not their money. And they won’t face any repercussions. If they are run off from Target (which they won’t be) they’ll just get another job with another woke corporation. This guy previously worked at Pepsi or somewhere like that. Hell, Bud Light hasn’t even fired the gal who started their demise. She is just on paid leave or something like that.

Corporate America is just another version of the government now. The same Ivy League turds hopping from VP slot to VP slot making schitty decisions and always failing up. As long as they have the right credentials and the right sort of thinking, they can never do any wrong. If they are of a favored race or sexual status, they jump to the front of the line of all their woke peers.

These people mean to rule us because they consider themselves better than us.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Conservatives need to wake the hell up and stay the away from these woke companies. Those that patronage woke stores aren't any better than the queers, transvestites and child molesters that they campaign for. Target has been woke before Rosie O'Donnell brought it to everyone's attention.

Life is good live it while you can.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Conservatives need to wake the hell up and stay the away from these woke companies. Those that patronage woke stores aren't any better than the queers, transvestites and child molesters that they campaign for. Target has been woke before Rosie O'Donnell brought it to everyone's attention.

The "Target" audience for Target is connosuiers of The View, Miss Lynn, Old Toot and ??? (Please sound off... Thanks in advance)

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I'd pay to see the reaction from the alfabit soup types if we as consumers demanded that big T once again carry at a minimum the stuff below.
We personally pulled the plug when the bathroom crap started. I won't spend time or money there. A middle finger is more than they deserve.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

"Their minds are dead" - Carmine Ricca
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Once again, it’s not about making money. They don’t care if they lose money, it’s not theirs. They’ll just get a job somewhere else. They move from place to place like locusts so they don’t care if it goes out of business. They’ll take not a whit of responsibility when and if it does.

Its like Bud Light. Its going to be put out of business by the decision of some horse faced wokester. Sure, it’s upper management’s fault for letting her kind in, but they’ve been under siege for a damned long time too. It takes a lot of vigilance and discipline on an organizational level to avoid the woke virus. I would say that it is almost impossible for a publicly held company to avoid. Once you let one in they metastasize. A company really needs to be a privately held company with the guy who built it in charge who DGAF about getting invited to the right parties and making the right lists and so and so forth.

Last edited by JoeBob; 05/30/23.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

98 members (35sambar, 10gaugemag, 6mmCreedmoor, 6MMWASP, 358WCF, 673, 13 invisible), 1,584 guests, and 867 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,658
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.