Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by WAM
Jackshidt and Weenie are too funny. Seems like they could be buttbuddies….

Projecting your homo-erotic fantasies....telling.

GB1

W
WAM Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
In your dreams, moosebreath

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
OP,
In Oregon you can hunt on your land if it’s 40 acres or bigger. But that’s only doe and cow elk.

To hunt bucks and bull elk you need minimum of 160 acres to get LOP (land owner preference) tags. And you get 2. It’s all in the regs, On ODFW.
IMHO 160 acres parcel is pretty small parcel for elk.
I’d want at least 1/2 square mile (320) if not whole square mile (640 acres)but that’s going to cost you. Especially in good elk country
Good luck
Dte

Last edited by Dre; 05/29/23.

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BuzzH
Montana, Idaho, Colorado and Wyoming are OTC for residents.

CO does not differentiate between res and nonres for OTC bull tags. Anybody can buy one. OTC tags are unlimited tags and CO would rather sell them to a nonres than a res because nonres are a lot higher in price.

I grew up in CO and killed a lot of elk on OTC tags. But now that I am a resident of TX I dont bother with OTC. I would rather work the draw for elk tags

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I've got a cow 4 years in a row in an Idaho OTC late cow hunt. The tags are capped, 1st come, 1st served. The past few years, we haven't had any problem getting them but this year is going to be different. Our hunt 2 years ago had 2500 tags and last year it was down to 700 but we still got in. It's still 700 this year but the hunt next door dropped from 2500 to 500. There's going to be an extra 2000 hunters trying for those 700.
We get them at a local hardware store. The store starts a list the day before and has all the hunter info written out in order of when you get on the list. When they go on sale, the IDFG turns on the computer and the gal at the store types furiously to get as many tags done as possible before they run out. She doesn't pause to take money. She puts them in a pile and we sort it out after the list is done.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
A lovely story.......and you told it so well.

Hoping you get a tag (and fill) to your last year.

Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I've got a cow 4 years in a row in an Idaho OTC late cow hunt. The tags are capped, 1st come, 1st served. The past few years, we haven't had any problem getting them but this year is going to be different. Our hunt 2 years ago had 2500 tags and last year it was down to 700 but we still got in. It's still 700 this year but the hunt next door dropped from 2500 to 500. There's going to be an extra 2000 hunters trying for those 700.
We get them at a local hardware store. The store starts a list the day before and has all the hunter info written out in order of when you get on the list. When they go on sale, the IDFG turns on the computer and the gal at the store types furiously to get as many tags done as possible before they run out. She doesn't pause to take money. She puts them in a pile and we sort it out after the list is done.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

468 members (10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 1lesfox, 40 invisible), 2,315 guests, and 1,059 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,494
Posts18,452,402
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.