Print Thread
Hop To
J
jwp475 Online Sleepy OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
I just changed the battery in the 1 on my Sig P-365XL. I run it with the DOT inside the circle and the battery lasted 1 1/2 years. I carry this pistol every day.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
GB1

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
That’s very good life on a battery. Delta points, I have three, last a few months and each one uses up the battery different. It not a big expense but knowing other models last almost forever, kinda bothers me.

J
jwp475 Online Sleepy OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Mine is well used and not babies. It is ready for use constantly.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Very reliable and the 507C with the solar strip the battery lasts even longer

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
The solar strip only works when in auto mode or something, kind of a gimmick. I keep my 407C's and 507C's in manual mode 2 levels down from high, this gives me plenty of brightness for full sun and they don't wash out with a 1000 lumen weapon light. I change the batteries on my birthday and have tested the old batteries, they still had plenty of juice left.

I'm looking at a baby gun and the K version will be next on my list.

J
jwp475 Online Sleepy OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by TWR
The solar strip only works when in auto mode or something, kind of a gimmick. I keep my 407C's and 507C's in manual mode 2 levels down from high, this gives me plenty of brightness for full sun and they don't wash out with a 1000 lumen weapon light. I change the batteries on my birthday and have tested the old batteries, they still had plenty of juice left.

Mine is the 507C X2 I have idea what you mean by auto mode. I haven't changed the battery in a little over 2 years. I believe that it works when shooting in sunlight

IC B2

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by TWR

Mine is the 507C X2 I have idea what you mean by auto mode. I haven't changed the battery in a little over 2 years. I believe that it works when shooting in sunlight

Not a big deal

They ship on auto mode which means they adjust brightness of the dot according to your lighting conditions. Hold the + button down about 3 seconds and it goes into manual mode. Where you adjust the brightness where you want it and it stays there. The sleep function still works when it’s still for 10 minutes or so.

I don’t like how auto works on the ones I have. Deflave said his SCS worked well on auto mode but these don’t have the extra sensors. It sounds great but shooting from a shaded room out into the sunlight can give you a dim dot.

From what I’ve read on the 507C, the solar only kicks in when the battery gets low. Since the battery is not rechargeable, it requires the low voltage point to switch over to solar. It does not switch over on a fully charged battery when in the sun. The SCS does run off solar and charges the non user replaceable battery.

The ones I have are C’s but I shot a Glock 43X Monday and with the thin slide, I think the K version would fit best maybe the only one that will fit?

I change batteries every year. Even done it on my Aimpoints.

Last edited by TWR; 05/31/23. Reason: Clarity

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

613 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 1eyedmule, 10ring1, 160user, 10gaugemag, 56 invisible), 2,768 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,572
Posts18,453,885
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.