Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
JeffA Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from cachevalleyfamilymagazine.com]

11-month-old girl dies after left in car for 3 hours while parents went to church

May 30, 2023, 2:28 PM
An 11-month-old baby girl has died after being left in a car for three hours while her parents attended a Florida church service, police said.

Police in Palm Bay responded Sunday around 1 p.m. to a report of an unresponsive infant in a vehicle.

"When they arrived, they learned the infant had been left in a car for approximately three hours while the parents went to the church service," the Palm Bay Police Department said in a statement.

The infant was transported to a local hospital where she was later pronounced deceased, police said Tuesday. A police department spokesperson did not have the time of death available.

No arrests have been made in the case at this time and the investigation is ongoing, police said.

"This is an unfortunate incident, and our condolences and prayers go out to the family," Palm Bay Police Chief Mario Augello said in a statement.

Palm Bay is located about 75 miles southeast of Orlando. The temperature in the city around midday Sunday was in the high 70s.

The temperature inside a car can exceed 115 degrees when the outside temperature is just 70 degrees, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.

In 2022, 33 children died of heatstroke in vehicles, according to the NHTSA.

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/US/11-month-girl-dies-after-left-car-3/story?id=99699492

GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Yes this is an unfortunate incident. The parents murdered that little angel, no if's ands or but's .

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I'm having a hard time biting my tongue...... mad

Those who would disrespect our flag have never been handed a folded one.

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.

When in the Course of human events......
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Either another example of people too stupid to be proper parents or another example of so called Christians failing miserably. The innocent child paid for either scenario with its life..........

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by scottf270
Either another example of people too stupid to be proper parents or another example of so called Christians failing miserably. The innocent child paid for either scenario with its life..........

There have been plenty of these cases in the past and for some reason a lot in Florida . I remember a case in Orlando when a woman left her boy in the car and went shopping at the mall. This transcends religion as I am sure plenty of the other "parents" were not christian, Maybe they were answering their phone or texting someone and completely forgot about their child. Hope they burn in hell.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Now that it's finally getting hot in this part of the world, The local TV and radio folks have started the annual reminders about that sort of tragedy with slogans like " In the heat; check the seat", or something like that. I've heard about too many of those incidents.

JeffA Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by m1rifleman
I'm having a hard time biting my tongue...... mad

I post to provoke, go for it....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Awright! Get rid of them excess chilluns.
RB

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
The parents are likely devastated by this,, rest in peace baby girl .... Heartbreaking

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
What a terrible way for that child to die. Unimaginable for the parents to be that stupid.

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by ol_mike
The parents are likely devastated by this,, rest in peace baby girl .... Heartbreaking

WTF , they lost track of a 11 Month old chid for 3 hours? GMAFB

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Who gives a schitt about the parents.

Stick em in a car, roll up the windows and let em cook.

Last edited by 10gaugemag; 05/31/23.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
These parent's f***ed up, no doubt, and caused their own child's death. Her life is over before it really could begin. An unthinkable tragedy.

The parent's lives are over, regardless of any legal repercussions that may or may not happen to them. They will hate themselves, and probably each other, for the rest of their lives. They will wallow in misery, and I would not be surprised if one or both of them commits suicide sometime in the next ten years. It's quite common when a parent is (or at least feels) responsible for a child's death.

They are heartbroken.

And there are heartless posters elbowing each other out of the way to figuratively stomp on the corpse of the child in a display of vindictive, self-righteous outrage.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
How could there not be an arrest?

U.S. government was established to represent citizens, NOT TO RULE OVER THEM.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by HoosierHawk
These parent's f***ed up, no doubt, and caused their own child's death. Her life is over before it really could begin. An unthinkable tragedy.

The parent's lives are over, regardless of any legal repercussions that may or may not happen to them. They will hate themselves, and probably each other, for the rest of their lives. They will wallow in misery, and I would not be surprised if one or both of them commits suicide sometime in the next ten years. It's quite common when a parent is (or at least feels) responsible for a child's death.

They are heartbroken.

And there are heartless posters elbowing each other out of the way to figuratively stomp on the corpse of the child in a display of vindictive, self-righteous outrage.

They murdered their child , they need to go to prison. How can you call them "parents"?

I have seen parents lose their child over an accident. I have all the sympathy in the world for them. These people are ghouls.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

Agreed! 3 hours???? Babies that small don’t generally sleep that long in their beds and are checked on. There is more to this.
Bless the baby.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Of all the places for both parents to forget their kid. I would almost think it was done on purpose.

2 Kings 2:23-24
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
There are [unfortunately] many cases of parents leaving their children in the vehicle for several hours while at work. The parent has a huge brain-fart and forgets to drop the sleeping child of at daycare/pre-school.
Not making excuses for the parents but people do make mistakes. In these cases it's the biggest mistake in their life something they'll likely never get over.
It is hard to believe that this can happen but by the end of this coming summer there will be numerous children die this way.
So very sad .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
There are [unfortunately] many cases of parents leaving their children in the vehicle for several hours while at work. The parent has a huge brain-fart and forgets to drop the sleeping child of at daycare/pre-school.
Not making excuses for the parents but people do make mistakes. In these cases it's the biggest mistake in their life something they'll likely never get over.
It is hard to believe that this can happen but by the end of this coming summer there will be numerous children die this way.
So very sad .

Mike there are a lot of parents murdering or torturing their children every day as well, and yes there has been a lot of accidental deaths concerning children but this one takes the cake. A child should be the # 1 priority in a parents life.

Campfire Ranger
Online Shocked
Campfire Ranger

This...

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

621 members (10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1234, 12344mag, 1lesfox, 1beaver_shooter, 75 invisible), 2,471 guests, and 1,307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,311
Posts18,449,194
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.