Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
The poozies in San Clemente probably need a few doses for their menstrual cramps- - - - - -what a bunch of vaginas! Back when "The Marines Make Men" actually meant something, that beach would have been littered with broken bodies when reinforcements arrived- - - - -no cops needed!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
GB1

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Oh boy……… you must be one tough SOB!
Them Marines got jumped by a bunch of guys.
I think 9 have been arrested so far.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
3 marines got jumped by at least thirty teens.

Those odds aren't good in a street fight

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Look at it another way. If the Marines had fought back hard, the story would be that trained killers seriously injured innocent teens.

Break a few bones, the rest of the crowd probably would have backed off, and the Marines would be in jail.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Look at it another way. If the Marines had fought back hard, the story would be that trained killers seriously injured innocent teens.

Break a few bones, the rest of the crowd probably would have backed off, and the Marines would be in jail.

P

Sadly, this is true.

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not sure what the answer is, but it ain't laying down for a beating.
Kids today don't know how to fight,all they know is how to kick and stomp and run.
30 on 3 isn't winnable odds, but that 30 would be reduced significantly after the first few felt a little pain. !

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Marines don't have medics. At least they didn't when I was in the Navy. I was a Navy hospital corpsman attached to the FMF. The BEST duty I ever have. Got along GREAT with the USMC. Things may be different today. Most things are.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Longbeardking
Marines don't have medics. At least they didn't when I was in the Navy. I was a Navy hospital corpsman attached to the FMF. The BEST duty I ever have. Got along GREAT with the USMC. Things may be different today. Most things are.

I still joke to my wife that the only way to get me into a bar fight at my age is to mess with a corpsman in front of me.

We loved our corpsman.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
.[/quote] I still joke to my wife that the only way to get me into a bar fight at my age is to mess with a corpsman in front of me.

We loved our corpsman.[/quote]

I would do it all over again. It was the best time of my life. 1962-1968. I was in Beachmaster Unit 2. We were on an APA. It was the USS Rockbridge APA-228 .

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by goalie

I still joke to my wife that the only way to get me into a bar fight at my age is to mess with a corpsman in front of me.

We loved our corpsman.

10-4!

I am MAGA.
IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
The poozies in San Clemente probably need a few doses for their menstrual cramps- - - - - -what a bunch of vaginas! Back when "The Marines Make Men" actually meant something, that beach would have been littered with broken bodies when reinforcements arrived- - - - -no cops needed!
Tell us you don’t understand the situation without telling us.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

You obviously don't know your ass from a hot rock.

GFY.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

Get off my lawn.

FJB
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Ohhh look! The crusty, bullszchitting-blowhard is talking out of his @ss again.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by SKane

Ohhh look! The crusty, bullszchitting-blowhard is talking out of his @ss again.

Doin' what he does best.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

Get off my lawn.

FJB
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
This didn't go as anticipated, huh Jerome?

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
I sure did appreciate the Corpsman I served with!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by fester

Men and women were different then. I think it was a thing called RESPECT. Thank you all for your service.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ironbender
Tell us you don’t understand the situation without telling us.

Unfortunately, we see this point made fairly regularly. That being the fact that even when somebody doesn’t know what they’re talking about it doesn’t prevent them from talking. Even when it’s inaccurate and insulting. I try to remember to never miss a good opportunity to STFU! I don’t always make it either.

Deadlines and commitments, what to leave in, what to leave out...
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by fester

As did I. They were great guys.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

Get off my lawn.

FJB
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Worked with a guy who had been a USN Corpsman. Primary Care responsible for some huge number of Marines. Because of broad span of responsibility, and large number of troops, was allowed to do far more than one would normally expect as "just a corpsman". Mark indicated that he had a jolly good time working with the Marines.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

636 members (12344mag, 1936M71, 1badf350, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 76 invisible), 2,571 guests, and 1,266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,687
Posts18,456,452
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.