Print Thread
Hop To
B
BooBear Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Looking to buy a new power case trimmer, any ideas as the best one and why?

GB1

P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
The Giraud Power Case Trimmer is a beast when it comes to speed and precision. It's like lightning-fast trimming with surgical accuracy. Plus, it's built tough, so it can handle your reloading adventures like a champ.

B
BooBear Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Who handles them?

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Girauds are very nice but I prefer the Henderson.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Trim pro with 3 way cutter powered by Dewalt. Quick and easy. 👍

Swifty
IC B2

H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
It is HARD 2 beat the Wilson most other trimmers measure off of the case rim which is not always concentric
The 1 I like is the Worlds Greatest Trimmer as it measures from the shoulder

Jim

"2Day is the 1st Day of the rest of UR Life"
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I use the RCBS Trim Pro motorized, with 3 way cutters and a micrometer dial. It measures off the flat cartridge base, like in the "trim to length". If you have a CH trimmer, as I also do, with chamber type case holders, you can flip the case first then square the base of new brass, and then you trim to length, uniform the pockets, debur the flash hole, fire form and for match brass, segregate by H2o capacity. If I see real uneven neck thickness, I outside turn the necks only to uniform the necks, leaving a hair of unturned brass the full neck length. It is a one time prep, except the trim when or if the brass grows.

“To expect defeat is nine-tenths of defeat itself. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. It is best to plan for all eventualities then believe in success, and only cross the failure bridge if you come to it."
Francis Marion - The Swamp Fox
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Henderson trimmer

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
One thing I wish I had considered when I started acquiring nicer reloading equipment was the expense of caliber-specific and cartridge-specific accessories for case trimming. The nicer stuff is expensive either way, but costs can get out of hand if you keep buying and swapping for guns chambered in new or different cartridges.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by BooBear
Looking to buy a new power case trimmer, any ideas as the best one and why?

I went with a couple of the UGLY SRT TRIMMER with the collets I required...so I could set one up for each rifle I am currently using.

HERE

To the right side of drawer, with spares in middle. Uses a cordless drill as a power source.

[Linked Image]

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a couple Wilson's. I started using a Lee Quick Trim and now have a turret press set up with four dies so I don't have to do a bunch of adjusting.

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
RCBS Trim Pro with 3 way cutters

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I think you'll find there really isn't one so much better than another that we can call one the best. Each one will trim a case to normally the spec's. you want if you used it right. I've used this one, a very old R.C.B.S, a very old Lyman and one other I don't recall the name of. They all did what they were supposed to do, IF, I did my part right! So, do you simply want to spend money on a power trimmer thinking you got the best or could you be happy turning a crank handle? Either way you'll get the right length if you do your part right. Reason for so many people using old manual trimmer's. My reason is I'm cheap and don't want to spend more money just to do the same job maybe faster!

Lot of people go to the auto trimmer and generally auto other tools at the same time as they want higher production. Well if that it for you, go for the auto trimmer, probably work well which every one you get.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
A Giraud trimmer was one of the best investments in saving time at the reloading bench. Being able to trim, chamfer and debur in one pass was a time saver.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I’m still relatively new to reloading but my kit I originally purchased came with a Lee Quick trim kit. I’ve purchased the quick trim dies and it does work very easily and is simple to use. The quick trim kit uses the press for trimming.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a standard Lyman power trimmer but it collects dust now because I have the Lyman Brass Smith trimmer. The Brass Smith does not work on straight walled cases.

Some is Good---More is Better----Too Much is Just Right

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

483 members (17CalFan, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 1lesfox, 10ring1, 40 invisible), 1,786 guests, and 1,041 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,179
Posts18,465,614
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.