24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 21 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 20 21
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 45,122
Likes: 44
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 45,122
Likes: 44
Originally Posted by MuskegMan
Originally Posted by 338rcm
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I'll bet that wasnt made in China


There's a VaChina hidden under that panty !! and she's marked "made with a VaChina". grin

Does a VaChina split side-to-side instead of vertical?

GB1

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 59,116
Likes: 97
Campfire Kahuna
Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 59,116
Likes: 97
Only been home a coupla hours,but started carving some Mail open. Thus far,only (1) new Custom Rifle. Sister wants a 2-12x on it,which is obviously tough to whoop. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Likely killing Bears with it tomorrow,while forming cases. Hint.

Try prying your kchunts from the couch and actually mashing a trigger. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.....................


Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Joined: May 2023
Posts: 43
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Joined: May 2023
Posts: 43
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Honest question, is there no viable options for manufacturing in other traditionally “cheap” countries?
There’s lots of options that are countries not actively seeking world domination and actively working against our form of government and way of life.
China is flooding our country with fentanyl just for starters. I do my best to not knowingly purchase anything made there if there’s any viable alternative.

I’d love to know what the profit margin is for a scope selling for $500-$1,000 that’s made in China is. Id guess 200% min.

Each to his own.

By all accounts, Korea and the Philippines are cranking out good quality, cost competitive scopes. I'd be very interested in knowing how much more it would cost Athlon to have one of their China made scopes produced in one of those countries instead.

Mine was an honest question, just wondering how the industry works. Is the “brand” sending out drawings/specifications to bid? Is there some reason Chinese factories are better suited to build optics than say Korea, Philippines, etc.. I’d guess they’re probably more advanced? I know a guy that sources out cabinetry and they moved the bulk of their business from China to Vietnam a few years ago due to the Chinese factory constantly raising prices last minute, holding orders hostage, actually coming to the states and trying to go direct to their customers and bypass this guys distribution network etc….
He did say it took some time to get the Vietnamese plants up to speed and that the infrastructure, equipment, skill of the workers etc. was nowhere near as modern as the Chinese factories. It’s a global economy, and no way it will ever go back now.
It would be interesting to see what it would cost to build the same exact scope using the same materials to the same specifications in China vs Japan Vs USA Vs Germany.

Those decisions are above my pay grade - sorry guys...

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 59,116
Likes: 97
Campfire Kahuna
Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 59,116
Likes: 97
I'm happy to simply shoot results,via wares which I've proven and trust. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Just sayin'................


Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 15,457
Likes: 22
B
Campfire Ranger
Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 15,457
Likes: 22
You made a good score on that 338 from the looks of it.


Semper Fi
IC B2

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 59,116
Likes: 97
Campfire Kahuna
Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 59,116
Likes: 97
It is a VERY sound build and spec'd like I'd of done it. Some of which was easily discerned from afar,the balance glaring once in hand. Hint.

Impetus for me,in said chambering is .650 BC 250 Skinner Smooches for Sister. They kiss at 3.520",which is No Joy in OEM Gut Configuration(3.385" COAL "latitude"). Luckily,MWG once again will come to the rescue with S/S Lego's. If forced,it's easy enough to shim slide Issued Guts,but I'm never not hip on a S/S path to same and such things are warm/fuzzy. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

The components play nicely,if only obviously. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Hell...it's even Hercules approved! Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............


Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Joined: May 2023
Posts: 43
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Joined: May 2023
Posts: 43
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
Originally Posted by Athlon_Optics
Greetings Everyone!

My name is Matt and I am very excited to launch the official Athlon Optics thread on 24 Hour Campfire!

I am a competitive shooter (primarily 3GUN) and a member of the Athlon marketing team. I am also a big fan of good glass and all things that go BOOM.

I look forward to some great conversation and the opportunity to answer any questions you might have about our products or about optics in general.

So... Let's get this party started!

Are there any Athlon fans out there? If yes, I would love to hear about the Athlon products you are using, what you use them for, and what your experience has been.

Guys,
I know Matt and he's a good guy. He's knowledgeable and willing to assist. Feel free to reach out to him with questions or situations and he will hook you up. He is a tech rep and customer service guy, he is not the guy running the company.

Thanks for the endorsement, Doug - I appreciate.

In addition to helping with tech & customer support, I also manage our 58-member Pro Team & do all of the legwork for the 150+ matches we sponsor each year.

I'm just throwing that out so everyone can get to know me a little better and also explain why I don't have time to respond to every post.

To those of you who have contributed to this thread in a positive way, I want to say thanks. I will continue to sort through the noise so I can be as helpful as possible.

My mailbox is also up and running now, so feel free to contact me that way as well.

Cheers.

Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 8,069
Campfire Outfitter
Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 8,069
Originally Posted by Athlon_Optics
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
Originally Posted by Athlon_Optics
Greetings Everyone!

My name is Matt and I am very excited to launch the official Athlon Optics thread on 24 Hour Campfire!

I am a competitive shooter (primarily 3GUN) and a member of the Athlon marketing team. I am also a big fan of good glass and all things that go BOOM.

I look forward to some great conversation and the opportunity to answer any questions you might have about our products or about optics in general.

So... Let's get this party started!

Are there any Athlon fans out there? If yes, I would love to hear about the Athlon products you are using, what you use them for, and what your experience has been.

Guys,
I know Matt and he's a good guy. He's knowledgeable and willing to assist. Feel free to reach out to him with questions or situations and he will hook you up. He is a tech rep and customer service guy, he is not the guy running the company.

Thanks for the endorsement, Doug - I appreciate.

In addition to helping with tech & customer support, I also manage our 58-member Pro Team & do all of the legwork for the 150+ matches we sponsor each year.

I'm just throwing that out so everyone can get to know me a little better and also explain why I don't have time to respond to every post.

To those of you who have contributed to this thread in a positive way, I want to say thanks. I will continue to sort through the noise so I can be as helpful as possible.

My mailbox is also up and running now, so feel free to contact me that way as well.

Cheers.

You local in Lenexa? I stopped by the Athlon headquarters there once and someone helped me with one of my Cronus scopes.

I know some of the Athlon fellas shot at Mill Creek regularly.

Joined: May 2023
Posts: 43
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Joined: May 2023
Posts: 43
Originally Posted by skeen
Originally Posted by Athlon_Optics
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
Originally Posted by Athlon_Optics
Greetings Everyone!

My name is Matt and I am very excited to launch the official Athlon Optics thread on 24 Hour Campfire!

I am a competitive shooter (primarily 3GUN) and a member of the Athlon marketing team. I am also a big fan of good glass and all things that go BOOM.

I look forward to some great conversation and the opportunity to answer any questions you might have about our products or about optics in general.

So... Let's get this party started!

Are there any Athlon fans out there? If yes, I would love to hear about the Athlon products you are using, what you use them for, and what your experience has been.

Guys,
I know Matt and he's a good guy. He's knowledgeable and willing to assist. Feel free to reach out to him with questions or situations and he will hook you up. He is a tech rep and customer service guy, he is not the guy running the company.

Thanks for the endorsement, Doug - I appreciate.

In addition to helping with tech & customer support, I also manage our 58-member Pro Team & do all of the legwork for the 150+ matches we sponsor each year.

I'm just throwing that out so everyone can get to know me a little better and also explain why I don't have time to respond to every post.

To those of you who have contributed to this thread in a positive way, I want to say thanks. I will continue to sort through the noise so I can be as helpful as possible.

My mailbox is also up and running now, so feel free to contact me that way as well.

Cheers.

You local in Lenexa? I stopped by the Athlon headquarters there once and someone helped me with one of my Cronus scopes.

I know some of the Athlon fellas shot at Mill Creek regularly.

I work out of the HQ office in Olathe - stop by anytime!

Mill Creek is my home range - I usually shoot the monthly 3GUN matches + a few others out there.

Last edited by Athlon_Optics; 06/07/23.
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 15,457
Likes: 22
B
Campfire Ranger
Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 15,457
Likes: 22
Originally Posted by Big Stick
It is a VERY sound build and spec'd like I'd of done it. Some of which was easily discerned from afar,the balance glaring once in hand. Hint.

Impetus for me,in said chambering is .650 BC 250 Skinner Smooches for Sister. They kiss at 3.520",which is No Joy in OEM Gut Configuration(3.385" COAL "latitude"). Luckily,MWG once again will come to the rescue with S/S Lego's. If forced,it's easy enough to shim slide Issued Guts,but I'm never not hip on a S/S path to same and such things are warm/fuzzy. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

The components play nicely,if only obviously. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Hell...it's even Hercules approved! Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............


Only way to fly and stretching a mag in a 70 ain't never scared me horribly either. That should be a wicked killed once it's all done though. That's a nice rig, I am glad you grabbed it.


Semper Fi
IC B3

Joined: Sep 2022
Posts: 1,289
Campfire Regular
Offline
Campfire Regular
Joined: Sep 2022
Posts: 1,289
I get out to Kearney every once in awhile. Maybe one day I will make the trip to the other side of KC.

Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 27,140
Likes: 53
Campfire Ranger
Offline
Campfire Ranger
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 27,140
Likes: 53
Originally Posted by Athlon_Optics
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Honest question, is there no viable options for manufacturing in other traditionally “cheap” countries?
There’s lots of options that are countries not actively seeking world domination and actively working against our form of government and way of life.
China is flooding our country with fentanyl just for starters. I do my best to not knowingly purchase anything made there if there’s any viable alternative.

I’d love to know what the profit margin is for a scope selling for $500-$1,000 that’s made in China is. Id guess 200% min.

Each to his own.

By all accounts, Korea and the Philippines are cranking out good quality, cost competitive scopes. I'd be very interested in knowing how much more it would cost Athlon to have one of their China made scopes produced in one of those countries instead.

Mine was an honest question, just wondering how the industry works. Is the “brand” sending out drawings/specifications to bid? Is there some reason Chinese factories are better suited to build optics than say Korea, Philippines, etc.. I’d guess they’re probably more advanced? I know a guy that sources out cabinetry and they moved the bulk of their business from China to Vietnam a few years ago due to the Chinese factory constantly raising prices last minute, holding orders hostage, actually coming to the states and trying to go direct to their customers and bypass this guys distribution network etc….
He did say it took some time to get the Vietnamese plants up to speed and that the infrastructure, equipment, skill of the workers etc. was nowhere near as modern as the Chinese factories. It’s a global economy, and no way it will ever go back now.
It would be interesting to see what it would cost to build the same exact scope using the same materials to the same specifications in China vs Japan Vs USA Vs Germany.

Those decisions are above my pay grade - sorry guys...

Completely understood. It's probably useful for you and your management to know. There is a substantial and growing anti China sentiment among 2A types. Just last week China pulled that stunt cutting one of our battleships off. They are an enemy, and it matters to a lot of shooters.

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 59,116
Likes: 97
Campfire Kahuna
Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 59,116
Likes: 97
It's never been difficult to cypher who shoots and who don't,along with the Crying Karens. Hint.

Hit Karen with simplistic Facts and it's FULL fhuqking retreat,with an Avatar change. HINT.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Fhuqking LAUGHING!!!.................


Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 367
P
Campfire Member
Offline
Campfire Member
P
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 367
Got to love the Whidden case gauge. Talk about super convenient.
pavementends


Elevation is math
Windage is Voodoo
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 26,363
Likes: 31
I
Campfire Ranger
Offline
Campfire Ranger
I
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 26,363
Likes: 31
Matt, I have a G2 20-60x86 Cronus UHD spotter inbound from Doug.

I was disappointed to learn there is no adapter available to fit a DSLR to the scope. I would love to attach my Nikon D5500 for pics of targets at the range, or of wildlife.

Just something for you to run up the flagpole.

Thanks.


People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 26,363
Likes: 31
I
Campfire Ranger
Offline
Campfire Ranger
I
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 26,363
Likes: 31
Originally Posted by Big Stick
I'm happy to simply shoot results,via wares which I've proven and trust. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Just sayin'................
WTH.....you letting Sis slum a Winchester?????? grinning here.

It looks like a heck of a rifle in a heck of a chambering for the AO. I am VERY jealous of the stock. I need to find similar.


People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Joined: May 2023
Posts: 43
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Joined: May 2023
Posts: 43
Hey Everyone!

We are working on a little project over here at Athlon Optics and I was hoping to get some help from all of you.

We are assembling a collection of links to reviews that have been published on Athlon products (Video, Written, etc.).

If you come across a review, please post a link here. It would be greatly appreciated!

Here's one I just found on the HERAS SPR 6-24X56 (to get us started) - https://industryoutsider.com/athlon-heras-spr-6-24x56-aplr9-ffp-ir-moa-review/


Thank you smile

Joined: Apr 2020
Posts: 435
N
NWT Offline
Campfire Member
Offline
Campfire Member
N
Joined: Apr 2020
Posts: 435
Idaho Shooter just purchased a Athlon Cronus spotting scope.
Box says MADE IN CHINA
What’s the real TRUTH?

NWT

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 13,432
Likes: 1
Campfire Outfitter
Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 13,432
Likes: 1
Originally Posted by NWT
Idaho Shooter just purchased a Athlon Cronus spotting scope.
Box says MADE IN CHINA
What’s the real TRUTH?

NWT

The only Athlon optics made in Japan are the Cronus riflescopes


Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
Joined: Apr 2020
Posts: 435
N
NWT Offline
Campfire Member
Offline
Campfire Member
N
Joined: Apr 2020
Posts: 435
I would ship it back to whoever sold it to you.
NWT

Last edited by NWT; 06/13/23. Reason: Spelling error
Page 9 of 21 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24



409 members (1_deuce, 204guy, 224th, 10ring1, 09wingates, 10gaugemag, 38 invisible), 12,715 guests, and 1,224 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums82
Topics1,198,261
Posts18,604,502
Members74,137
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024


 


Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.



Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5
(Release build 20201027)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 7.3.33 Page Time: 0.266s Queries: 55 (0.039s) Memory: 0.9345 MB (Peak: 1.0635 MB) Data Comp: Zlib Server Time: 2024-06-24 04:22:41 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS