Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
Recently picked up a Sako L579 Forester, made in 1970, and it had a Burris 12x mounted. Objective parallax adjustment locked in place. Called Burris, sent it in, they fixed it as well as tuned it and free shipped it back in a short time. Very impressive customer service.

GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
They do have great customer service.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I've sent a couple in. They are always good to deal with.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
C
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
Wonder if I would get similar service for my March, Nightforce or Leupold?

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
A 4-12x40 FF II I bought used 35 years ago has been back to the shop twice for two different issues. 1'st a broken crosswire, 2'nd it lost the pin for magnification selector all while mounted on a Win 670 in 30-06.

They took good care of me both times. The scope has since been used on a Ruger #1 in 7 STW to kill two bulls. I trust it well enough now to work as well as it ever did.

Still, as has often been quoted, the best warranty is the one never needed.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B2

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I recently sent in a Burris Signature 3-9x40, USA made, and they were wonderful in repairing and communicating while in service. Just last week, I sent in a Leupold Vari-X 3-9x40, circa 1978 model, that has become blurry in the center of the duplex reticle. I’ll soon know if they’ll take the time to repair it or send me a replacement of the latest low-end sales pitch item with the Leupold name on it. It will be interesting to compare warranty service between the two companies. I have another Vari-X II that won’t hold zero and needs warranty repair. I’m waiting for the first one to come back before I send it in.

History repeats itself because it worked. If it didn’t work in the first place, it wouldn’t be history but another lost story of insignificance.
C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
I had a horse die on his feet and roll off a cliff face with my rifle and a Burris scope in the scabbard. Broke both of them in half. Burris replaced the scope at no charge.

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Burris' forever warranty is a helluva lot better than Zeiss' so called forever warranty according to a recent Rockslide thread.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I have 1 of my Burris scopes break on a deer hunt about 10 years ago. It got banged hard in my friend 4 wheeler. I called them and they told me to send it to them. When I did they called me and told me it was a discontinues model and when I told the man I had to use another rifle on the hunt he fell all over himself apologizing. But because they didn't make it anymore new parts were not available. So he upgraded me to a scope that had about $120 MORE value in the suggested pricing. No extra charge and no hassle at all. I was very impressed. TOP grade service from Burris.

As a side note I had a Zeiss range finder that was given to me as a Christmas Present by a friend from Germany. It didn't made 1 year when it stopped working. It will not range my house from 75 yards away. I sent it back to them and they told me "that's how it goes sometimes". No guarantee on them at all. They said it was warranted for 1 year, but I didn't have it a year. The man said it was MADE over a year ago so I was just out of luck. It was said to be warranted from 1 year of manufacture, not 1 year from purchase. What a crock that is!

And they were idiotic enough to offer to sell me a new one AT 100% FULL RETAIL. (about $1400 at the time)

I told them hell-no. I demanded they ship it back and got some argument from them about that too. But they relented and shipped it back and now I show it to everyone that comes to my shop. It was not 1 year old, it cost well over $1000 at the time my friend bought it---------- and it is a total piece of junk. So was their customer care. In fact customer CARE didn't exist at all from them.

I make sure to tell the Burris story every chance I get --------- and also the Zeiss story.

Please feel free to pass these 2 stories on to everyone you know.

Last edited by szihn; 05/29/23.
C
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
Sorry I recently bought a Zeiss scope, but very nice so far. I also got a Burris XTR II, loaded with features.

IC B3

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Only sent one Zeiss back but it was relatively new. Ran out of elevation adjustment and couldn't sight in at 100 yds. Sent it in, and it came back within a few weeks. It was fine after that.

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
I have had great luck with Zeiss on old and newer stuff, but none with electronics

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Looks like Zeiss has got it's hands on the old Leica playbook. Not a very smart move IMO.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Good to hear that Burris is taking care of customers.

I'll spare the gorey details of my experience. mad

Forbidden Zoner
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by szihn
I have 1 of my Burris scopes break on a deer hunt about 10 years ago. It got banged hard in my friend 4 wheeler. I called them and they told me to send it to them. When I did they called me and told me it was a discontinues model and when I told the man I had to use another rifle on the hunt he fell all over himself apologizing. But because they didn't make it anymore new parts were not available. So he upgraded me to a scope that had about $120 MORE value in the suggested pricing. No extra charge and no hassle at all. I was very impressed. TOP grade service from Burris.

As a side note I had a Zeiss range finder that was given to me as a Christmas Present by a friend from Germany. It didn't made 1 year when it stopped working. It will not range my house from 75 yards away. I sent it back to them and they told me "that's how it goes sometimes". No guarantee on them at all. They said it was warranted for 1 year, but I didn't have it a year. The man said it was MADE over a year ago so I was just out of luck. It was said to be warranted from 1 year of manufacture, not 1 year from purchase. What a crock that is!

And they were idiotic enough to offer to sell me a new one AT 100% FULL RETAIL. (about $1400 at the time)

I told them hell-no. I demanded they ship it back and got some argument from them about that too. But they relented and shipped it back and now I show it to everyone that comes to my shop. It was not 1 year old, it cost well over $1000 at the time my friend bought it---------- and it is a total piece of junk. So was their customer care. In fact customer CARE didn't exist at all from them.

I make sure to tell the Burris story every chance I get --------- and also the Zeiss story.

Please feel free to pass these 2 stories on to everyone you know.

I believe it. I sent in a Zeiss rifle scope last year and it took exactly 6 months for them to send a replacement. I have also recently sold off all of my Zeiss products, except for one rifle scope. One of my buddies wanted the new V4 they sent me, so I sold it to him for cheap.. He likes it, but I'll admit, their CS was less than stellar.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Have 4 Burris scopes. Two of which are their Short Mag model. All have been great in service. There have been Burris scopes that I sold. Wish I had not. MTG

Vena dura, ocyus occide, excusas non offer!
C
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
It pays to heed conversations like this, this stuff is very pricey.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I had a Burris 6-24 scope on a rifle for several years and I can't remember where I got it, but I'm pretty sure it came on a rifle I bought and I moved it around a couple times. In any case I noticed it wasn't as clear as I was accustomed to so I took a good look at the objective lens with a flashlight and discovered the lens was cloudy for some reason. I sent it in for repair and they said it was an old model so they replaced it with a Burris Signature HD 5-25 x 50 . I got to looking around at pricing and it is a $750 scope, which is a lot for a cheapskate like me. Haven't had a chance to mount it yet but I'm pretty impressed with their customer service. Took less than a week for the whole process.

Last edited by Sheister; 05/30/23.

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
Congrats on the Sako L579 Forester! That's a vintage beauty right there. And kudos to Burris for their awesome customer service. They fixed the objective parallax adjustment and even tuned it up, all with a speedy turnaround. Impressive stuff! It's great to see companies that go the extra mile for their customers. Enjoy your rifle and the crisp views through that Burris 12x scope

Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Creekside0423
Recently picked up a Sako L579 Forester, made in 1970, and it had a Burris 12x mounted. Objective parallax adjustment locked in place. Called Burris, sent it in, they fixed it as well as tuned it and free shipped it back in a short time. Very impressive customer service.
Burris has top notch customer service. Had purchased a shotgun that someone had mounted a burris reflex sight of some sort. Had a 1 year warranty according to the package. It was not working and looked pretty old to me. I called Burris just to check on the warranty time and they said not to worry what the stated date was, they were sending me a new one. Very nice people

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (1minute, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10ring1, 160user, 58 invisible), 2,124 guests, and 1,142 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,106
Posts18,464,235
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.