Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by dassa
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Originally Posted by steve4102
Grass Roots baby, Grass Roots, we need to start at the local level and elect Grass Roots politicians that put America first. No more career politicians born and raised into the system, groomed by Ivy League institutions, has been the battle cry here on The Fire for years.

What's wrong with Ivy League institutions? You've got to be smart to get into one. You weren't smart enough to get into one?

Jealousy will get you nowhere.

And BTW Donald Trump is a graduate of an Ivy League Institution.
Explain how Obama got into Columbia?

Now that sarcasm I got, good one.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Grass Roots baby, Grass Roots, we need to start at the local level and elect Grass Roots politicians that put America first. No more career politicians born and raised into the system, groomed by Ivy League institutions, has been the battle cry here on The Fire for years.

Yet here we are now, singing the praises of Ron DeSantis a candidate that represents everything The Fire has been bitching about for years.

You seem to want to make Yuge generalizations of everything Steve.

I'm pretty certain that you know I am and always have been DJT first.

I only stated that there are much worse candidates declared than DeSantis.
I'll give you my first three in order of preference so we're clear:

1. DJT

2/3. DeSantis/Ramaswamy for a tie

FJB & FJT
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Raeford

Yet here we are now, singing the praises of Ron DeSantis a candidate that represents everything The Fire has been bitching about for years.

1. DJT

What made you think the post you quoted was directed at you?

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

1. DJT

What made you think the post you quoted was directed at you?

It was just your last post[and I latched onto it].
I agree[and have been saying it for years BTW] that IT ALL STARTS IN OUR HOMETOWNS!
For instance: my state delegate is Marie March, she is in her 1st term and pisses off[and scares the sh** out of] RINO's/Leftists daily much like MTG does.
It was a grass roots/organic deal getting her to run and then over the top.

FJB & FJT
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I know Ron DeSanctimonious is Trumps favorite nickname for Desantis but for some reason I like Meatball Ron much better.

2 Kings 2:23-24
IC B2

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
There's worse options than DeSantis, much worse.
Within the Republican offerings, or outside the current field?

Yes and or yes.
Is there a measurable difference between Haley and DeSantis?

How bout DeSantis vs Asa?

I know nothing about Asa. I’d guess Asa will be one of the first ones out. He’s no spring chicken and not all that well know. From what I understand some state laws allow politicians to retain a percentage of left over campaign funds. Might not win but may get some coin out of the deal. Also may get visibility for appointed positions. Then the book deals and speaking etc. it’s not always about I think I can win.

I don’t know much about Haley, I see here on TV some. Something about her rings Rhino to me but just my take.

My wife has a niece with a degree in political science, works for a conservative think tank/RNC or something like that. She is ultra conservative, big Trump supporter. Interned at congress and maybe Whitehouse too. She is in the know. She told my wife as much as people want Trump back in office it’s not going to happen. The moderate republicans and independents just flat don’t like him. If I recall what she told my wife was something like, if Trump gets the nomination, we’ll have another Democrat president. To some extent I’d have to agree with what she said. With that said, it’s was a few months back and polls show Trump in a better position. If polls can be believed. Nothing stays the same. I’d have never guessed in a hundred years Trump would have won over Hillary but he did.

If you look at a guy like DeSantis, he seems tough but doesn’t come across offensive. Not being offensive is important to younger conservative voters. We live in a different time no doubt. I don’t like Trumps personality one bit, but he’s been the best president in my lifetime. Same for Ted Cruz, people may not like him but he is one smart cookie. I spoke with him one time face to face and it didn’t take long to realize Ted Cruz didn’t fall of a turnip truck. I think Ted Cruz would make a great President. People need to vote for who can do the best job, not win a popularity contest.

Last edited by GringoCazador; 05/31/23.

Thanks, Billy
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by GringoCazador

Yes and or yes.

I know nothing about Asa. I’d guess Asa will be one of the first ones out. He’s no spring chicken and not all that well know. From what I understand some state laws allow politicians to retain a percentage of left over campaign funds. Might not win but may get some coin out of the deal. Also may get visibility for appointed positions. Then the book deals and speaking etc. it’s not always about I think I can win.

I don’t know much about Haley, I see here on TV some. Something about her rings Rhino to me but just my take.

My wife has a niece with a degree in political science, works for a conservative think tank/RNC or something like that. She is ultra conservative, big Trump supporter. Interned at congress and maybe Whitehouse too. She is in the know. She told my wife as much as people want Trump back in office it’s not going to happen. The moderate republicans and independents just flat don’t like him. If I recall what she told my wife was something like, if Trump gets the nomination, we’ll have another Democrat president. To some extent I’d have to agree with what she said. With that said, it’s was a few months back and polls show Trump in a better position. If polls can be believed. Nothing stays the same. I’d have never guessed in a hundred years Trump would have won over Hillary but he did.

If you look at a guy like DeSantis, he seems tough but doesn’t come across offensive. Not being offensive is important to younger conservative voters. We live in a different time no doubt. I don’t like Trumps personality one bit, but he’s been the best president in my lifetime. Same for Ted Cruz, people may not like him but he is one smart cookie. I spoke with him one time face to face and it didn’t take long to realize Ted Cruz didn’t fall off a turnip truck. I think Ted Cruz would make a great President. People need to vote for who can do the best job, not win a popularity contest.

Trump lately has been attacking everyone, taking a page out of the Biden playbook.

Ronald Reagan was the best president in my lifetime, how soon people forget. Trump couldn't hold his jockstrap.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

Yes and or yes.

If you look at a guy like DeSantis, he seems tough but doesn’t come across offensive. Not being offensive is important to younger conservative voters. We live in a different time no doubt. I don’t like Trumps personality one bit, but he’s been the best president in my lifetime. Same for Ted Cruz, people may not like him but he is one smart cookie. I spoke with him one time face to face and it didn’t take long to realize Ted Cruz didn’t fall off a turnip truck. I think Ted Cruz would make a great President. People need to vote for who can do the best job, not win a popularity contest.

Trump lately has been attacking everyone, taking a page out of the Biden playbook.

Ronald Reagan was the best president in my lifetime, how soon people forget. Trump couldn't hold his jockstrap.

IRCA 86 and National Forearms Act of ‘84 are truly amazing accomplishments.

MAGA
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Yes and or yes.

He was not perfect but he inherited a horror show economy and fixed it. Interest rates on homes at 18% in some places. He destroyed the Soviet Union

What did Trump do? He signed a bunch of executive orders that were repealed Bidens first day in office. He passed a Tax bill . Everything but the Tax bill has been undone.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
"What did Trump do? "

Exposure

FJB & FJT
IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Destroyed the Soviet Union?

How come we have to destroy it again?

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Yes and or yes.

He was not perfect but he inherited a horror show economy and fixed it. Interest rates on homes at 18% in some places. He destroyed the Soviet Union

What did Trump do? He signed a bunch of executive orders that were repealed Bidens first day in office. He passed a Tax bill . Everything but the Tax bill has been undone.

IRCA 86 arguably set the stage to destroy America.

But Alzheimer’s had t set in yet so he owns it.

MAGA
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Destroy the Soviet Union? No one wants to fight and everyone is already scared to say anything about our government. We're going to need the Russian's help fighting the Muslims, minorities, queers and transvestites in the US of A. If not we'll be just like Canada and Europe before long.

Life is good live it while you can.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

We are dealing with Russia. I little history lesson would help you understand.

Correct. The USSR was finished. All the Soviet occupied countries were not under the USSR umbrella. Putin wants to bring it all back.

BTW they are not communists anymore. They are run just like the US is . Totalitarian state.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

We are dealing with Russia. I little history lesson would help you understand.

Correct. The USSR was finished. All the Soviet occupied countries were not under the USSR umbrella. Putin wants to bring it all back.

BTW they are not communists anymore. They are run just like the US is . Totalitarian state.

That is a ridiculous assessment of everything past, present, and future.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Only-trumpers big mad

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Meatball is kinda harsh. How does ValsDad , (Geno) feel?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Only-trumpers big mad
You could twist yourself around a stick of rebar and shut up . You know that would feel better, right?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Only-trumpers big mad

Sit on a cactus and spin, you'll feel better.....

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

173 members (10Glocks, 257 mag, 6mmbrfan, 280ACKIMP, 44mc, 35, 20 invisible), 1,347 guests, and 924 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,223
Posts18,447,523
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.