Valsdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
You have stated in response to T Inman:

Originally Posted by BuzzH
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Hastings, don't believe Tommybot/Fibka...here is BHA's official position statement on the second:

North American Policy Statement:

Backcountry Hunters & Anglers proudly supports the individual right to keep and bear arms as
guaranteed by the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

https://assets.nationbuilder.com/ba...mendment_Policy_Statement.pdf?1579635386

Does that include ARs?
I am not being a smart ass. I am genuinely curious.

Lots of people and organizations ‘support’ the 2nd Amendment but have varied interpretations as to what arms the 2nd applies to and ‘assault’ rifles are front and center.

Heck, there are a few ‘staunch’ 2nd supporters here on the ‘Fire that feel restricting full auto weapons is perfectly acceptable and that the 2nd doesn’t apply.

The second is very clear, it's not complicated. What part of shall not be infringed is unclear?

FFS, one of the life member items was a 1911 .45 acp.

So, the answer is yes, if only obviously.

Thanks for including the link to the Policy Statement.

Backcountry Hunters & Anglers proudly supports the individual right to keep and bear arms as
guaranteed by the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

Is there any way that you, as a member (Board member? WY Chapter leader?) might propose that the Board take up a proposition to further clarify their Statement by including a clause along the lines of "This includes the right to keep and bear commonly owned and used semi automatic rifles of any configuration".. ?

It seems I read in one of the posts on the corner crossing thread that you personally support the right to own AR-15s. It would seem to me that you might like that very vague policy statement to be strengthened if you truly do support the right to own AR-15s and other semi auto firearms. As the statement stands in its present form, it would seem to an average person such as myself that it could be construed to mean whatever a present Administration might take it to mean.

I agree with you, the "shall not be infringed" part is pretty clear to many, but not to all.

It's not a bad thing a life member item was a 1911. How about lobbying for a decent AR type firearm as a life member item also?

Submitting such suggestions as I have proposed might go a long way toward showing the Campfire members, ornery as they are, your honest support of the true meaning of the Second Amendment and if submitted and accepted by BHA they would show BHA's true colors regarding the 2A.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Lol

MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So, who's gonna hold his breath?

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
The Second is crystal clear, period end of story. People can choose to own whatever kind of firearm blows their hair back, AR's, bolts, single shots, rifles, pistols, etc. et. etc. don't care and quite frankly, none of my business.

I focus on hunting, fishing, public access, public lands that kind of thing, that's in our Chapter Charter and mission statement.

Right now, Life Memberships come with a wide variety of gifts for life members, fishing gear, other outdoor products, as well as Weatherby firearms, and some nice ones, IMO.

https://www.backcountryhunters.org/lifetime_memberships

If you join and don't like the one of the weatherby's and want an AR, sell the weatherby and buy an AR, invest the money, donate it to charity, whatever.

People have a real knack for making easy chit difficult.

Last edited by BuzzH; 05/31/23.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Second is crystal clear, period end of story. People can choose to own whatever kind of firearm blows their hair back, AR's, bolts, single shots, rifles, pistols, etc. et. etc. don't care and quite frankly, none of my business.

I focus on hunting, fishing, public access, public lands that kind of thing, that's in our Chapter Charter and mission statement.

Right now, Life Memberships come with a wide variety of gifts for life members, fishing gear, other outdoor products, as well as Weatherby firearms, and some nice ones, IMO.

So are you going to answer this? YES or NO?

Originally Posted by Valsdad
Is there any way that you, as a member (Board member? WY Chapter leader?) might propose that the Board take up a proposition to further clarify their Statement by including a clause along the lines of "This includes the right to keep and bear commonly owned and used semi automatic rifles of any configuration".. ?

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Need a tap dancing gif

MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I got a better one...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Don't be the darkness.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Lol, I got a better one then that.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

So are you going to answer this? YES or NO?

Don't be the darkness.

IC B3

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
He’s diddling his kgunt he’ll be on later

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by earlybrd

We'll likely just be treated to another tap dance.

Don't be the darkness.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Originally Posted by earlybrd

We'll likely just be treated to another tap dance.
👍👍

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Have Valsdad and Remsen been hanging out?

Valsdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

If you join and don't like the one of the weatherby's and want an AR, sell the weatherby and buy an AR, invest the money, donate it to charity, whatever.

People have a real knack for making easy chit difficult.

If I write to the Board of BHA, asking about their support for ownership of ARs, and their willingness to go on the record for such, will I get an answer stated in a manner similar manner to yours ?

I would think, because they are an organization that in principle (I assume) and name, that they would like to show their support for owning and hunting with any legal firearm.

Do they have a Position Statement on fishing? I'd kind of like to know if they support all methods of "angling"?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Geno, he’s been asked many times what you put forth in your op. He tap dances, and when forced to answer falls back to the position that he can’t comment on BHA policies.

But he’ll pound the drum and blow the bugle and speak for the organization on other topics.

He brags about wining and dining Jon Tester for fugks sake.

If you doubt me, research his posts.

He’s only here to talk shidt and posture like a banty rooster.

MAGA
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
How much money did bha donate to the gofundme setup for the corner crossing case?

Valsdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jcubed
Bwahahahaha!

However, I'd get together with him in a heartbeat for a meal...............Kosher or gentile.

In it is contentment

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Jcubed
Bwahahahaha!

However, I'd get together with him in a heartbeat for a meal...............Kosher or gentile.

How woke of you!

Jk

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
How much money did bha donate to the gofundme setup for the corner crossing case?

120k??

I thought I read that number somewhere.

Ymmv

Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 30 31

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

668 members (160user, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1973cb450, 68 invisible), 2,950 guests, and 1,217 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,263
Posts18,467,147
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.