Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Good morning, gsganzer, I did look at your baked pear recipe and will be making it for sure. I like the simplicity of it and always like making something new and I hope that auk1124 posts the recipe for his beautiful Pineapple Upside-Down cake that looks AMAZING!

The thing I like the most about being an adventurous and good cook is that you can travel the world in your kitchen. Most people eat the same things over and over and over again, I like to make at least one new dish at least once a week.

Cooking is relaxing and therapeutic as long as you have all the tools, you know where everything is and you are working in a clean and organized kitchen, if you know what I mean?

Next week I will be making Cioppino, an Italian Fisherman's Stew cool

Last edited by KillerBee; 05/26/23.

KB

GB1

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Killerbee,
Same here. I travel for work frequently, so I get to experience all types of cuisine at fine restaurants. I do most of the cooking at our house, when I'm not traveling.

I agree completely about "traveling the world" from your kitchen. The other week I went down an Asian cuisine rabbit hole and made Korean spicy beef bulgogi with asian cucumber salad and spicy kimchi (I bought the kimchi).

I've always loved French food. It's always very simple, with minimal seasonal ingredients, and of course tons of butter. I'm very adventurous about what I'm willing to eat/try. Unfortunately, my wife and kids turn their noses at certain ingredients such as mushrooms (I blame this on my wife). I'm a huge mushroom lover, but my wife and girls won't eat anything that's even touched a mushroom.

I'm about to go down the Tuscan Italian rabbit hole. It strikes me as "country Italian" food that seems simple and wholesome.

The other thing I'm going to try, when I can find a nice fresh whole fish, is a salt encrusted baked fish. My wife and I had it in Barcelona and it's really simple to make with an awesome presentation.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gsganzer
Killerbee,
Same here. I travel for work frequently, so I get to experience all types of cuisine at fine restaurants. I do most of the cooking at our house, when I'm not traveling.

I agree completely about "traveling the world" from your kitchen. The other week I went down an Asian cuisine rabbit hole and made Korean spicy beef bulgogi with asian cucumber salad and spicy kimchi (I bought the kimchi).

I've always loved French food. It's always very simple, with minimal seasonal ingredients, and of course tons of butter. I'm very adventurous about what I'm willing to eat/try. Unfortunately, my wife and kids turn their noses at certain ingredients such as mushrooms (I blame this on my wife). I'm a huge mushroom lover, but my wife and girls won't eat anything that's even touched a mushroom.

I'm about to go down the Tuscan Italian rabbit hole. It strikes me as "country Italian" food that seems simple and wholesome.

The other thing I'm going to try, when I can find a nice fresh whole fish, is a salt encrusted baked fish. My wife and I had it in Barcelona and it's really simple to make with an awesome presentation.

We sound like Brothers From Another Mother lol.

I have found that most people who do not enjoy mushrooms don't because of the texture.

If mushrooms are not cooked properly, then they are off-putting. The trick is to cook them long enough so ALL of the water in them evaporates, most people do not cook mushrooms properly.

I have had salt-encrusted fish, it's great. Another awesome way to cook fish is the way Greeks do. Whole with the head and skin on, seasoned and deep fried and served whole.

Are you going to make that Strawberry dessert? Trust me the ladies in your life will over you to death if you do smile

KB

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I'll probably make that strawberry dessert tomorrow. My oldest daughter is off in New Mexico branding cattle this weekend and my youngest is planning a sleepover at one of her friends. With the empty house, I figure I'll try to work my mojo on the wife tomorrow night. The strawberry dessert might give me a competitive edge for a favorable outcome. laugh

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I'll probably make that strawberry dessert tomorrow. My oldest daughter is off in New Mexico branding cattle this weekend and my youngest is planning a sleepover at one of her friends. With the empty house, I figure I'll try to work my mojo on the wife tomorrow night. The strawberry dessert might give me a competitive edge for a favorable outcome. laugh

Time to Sink the Pink!

What I mean by that is to Sink a spoon into that beautiful Pink Strawberry dessert lol

Man, I miss my cowboy and branding cattle days, lucky gal!

Last edited by KillerBee; 05/26/23.

KB

IC B2

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Oldest daughter hauled a new mare with her to break in. She sent photo's tonight and that mare was laid out on her side, utterly exhausted after a long day. I believe she'll have a good solid horse after this week. Then we're off to RSA and Victoria Falls on the 5th for a few weeks of family vacation. Life is good.

Regarding me and the wife, we usually do it doggie style. I sit up and beg, while she rolls over and plays dead . laugh My money is on the strawberry dessert to turn the tide.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Oldest daughter hauled a new mare with her to break in. She sent photo's tonight and that mare was laid out on her side, utterly exhausted after a long day. I believe she'll have a good solid horse after this week. Then we're off to RSA and Victoria Falls on the 5th for a few weeks of family vacation. Life is good.

Regarding me and the wife, we usually do it doggie style. I sit up and beg, while she rolls over and plays dead . laugh My money is on the strawberry dessert to turn the tide.

lol,

Really important to make the mousse the day before you eat it, in order to let it develop for lack of a better word, make sure to cover it with plastic wrap. I have used both Grand Marnier and Limoncello Liqueurs, both are good, Limoncello does not cost as much.

Also, I use 12oz Tumblers, small desert glasses do not hold enough Mousse for my liking. I do not like feeling like I am being cheated when I have dessert lol

Looking forward to seeing your pictures.

Last edited by KillerBee; 05/27/23.

KB

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Mini apple pies, lemon pound cakes and smore's cups.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Them Mini Apple Pies look great, with an ice cold glass of 3.25% Milk, I could most likely eat ten of them lol

KB

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
So... milk, just milk then.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
IC B3

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Those mini apple pies and lemon pound cakes look great. Two of my favourite baked goodies!

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Rhubarb Lunar cake & vanilla bean ice cream !

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Deb made it for my Birthday supper !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Looks great. Happy birthday buddy!

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks Mate, it's actually tomorrow !

Paul.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Chocolate Mousse with Grand Marnier and ‎Kahlúa, with Grand Marnier Whipped Cream and shaved Chocolate.

Last edited by KillerBee; 06/03/23.

KB

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Banana Bread With Pecans and Cranberries

Last edited by KillerBee; 06/11/23.

KB

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
The wife's.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

"Maybe we're all happy."

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image from celebjihad.com]

Paul.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

607 members (1beaver_shooter, 240NMC, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 160user, 2500HD, 62 invisible), 2,259 guests, and 1,198 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,645
Posts18,455,396
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.