Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
What's the difference between a Leupold Vari-XII and a Leupold Vari-XIIC?

Thanks for any info.

GB1

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I seem to remember that I read somewhere that the internal windage and elevation adjustment was increased in this model scope and the c was added to denote this change, maybe about 1985. I am sure others know more about this than I.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
ttt cause I am curious too

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
The Vari XII is 1/2 inch friction adjustment and the Vari XIIc is 1/4 inch click adjustment that is what LEUPOLD rep told me cuz I have the Vari XII and hate it. Called LEUPOLD and they will put 1/4 inch click adjustment in and retune the scope for 90.00.

Last edited by duckndawg; 12/04/07.

Perserverance is a virtue,,,unless your an idiot
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
i don't know why they (24hrcampfire) don't make this some sort of sticky at the top of the optic forum. it is a confusing subject that gets brought up almost once a week. (and for good reason too, it's confusing)any way my .02 on the subject.

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
The vari-x II has less internal adjustment that the IIc. I have a vari-x II on an old 270 that I couldn't get to zero at 100. Sent to leupold for cleaning and check out and talked to the tech. who explained it to me and recommended the burris posi-align rings. Swapped in the burris rings and everything is perfect. (Tried to get him to swap me out for a IIc, but he wouldn't go for it. smile )

Check out my new website

http://www.howemtnknives.com/
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by duckndawg
The Vari XII is 1/2 inch friction adjustment and the Vari XIIc is 1/4 inch click adjustment...
Completely false. I have the Leupold Vari-X IIc and it has 1/2 MOA increment friction adjustments. The newer VX-II has 1/4 MOA click adjustments.

You learn something new everyday whether you want to or not.
D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
NOT completly false I have the VariXII bought it in 1996 and IT IS 1/2 inch friction adjustment I called leupold and asked what gives so I got the info that I passed along from the horses mouth!! BUT now the VariXII ARE 1/4 inch click.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
They don't make Vari-X II scopes any more, it's the VX-II that has 1/4 min. clicks. It causes a lot of confusion, but VX is not an abbreviation for Vari-X.

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Of the 2 scopes Vari-x II and Vari-xIIc, which one became the Rifleman? The Rifleman has 1/2" friction adjustments.

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
None, the VX1 is the old Vari-XII. The Rifleman is a new addition to the line-up.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
NOT completly false I have the VariXII bought it in 1996 and IT IS 1/2 inch friction adjustment I called Leupold and asked what gives so I got the info that I passed along from the horses mouth!! BUT now the VariXII ARE 1/4 inch click.

Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
None, the VX1 is the old Vari-XII. The Rifleman is a new addition to the line-up.

Misinformation abounds.

The discontinued Vari-X II (all variations) only had 1/2 MOA-increment adjustments, the new VX-II has 1/4 MOA click adjustments. People should get their terminology and information straight before posting.

The Rifleman is actually the current scope closest in features to the discontinued Vari-X II. The VX-I has multicoating on exterior lens surfaces, the Vari-X II did not. The VX-I has 1/4 MOA-increment friction adjustments, the Vari-X II did not.

Last edited by jackfish; 12/06/07.

You learn something new everyday whether you want to or not.
D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
now your talking two different scopes a Vari XII and a VXII so which one are you refering to jackfish? so now your passing on misinformation

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
NOT completly false I have the VariXII bought it in 1996 and IT IS 1/2 inch friction adjustment I called leupold and asked what gives so I got the info that I passed along from the horses mouth!! BUT now the VariXII ARE 1/4 inch click.

Originally Posted by mathman
They don't make Vari-X II scopes any more, it's the VX-II that has 1/4 min. clicks. It causes a lot of confusion, but VX is not an abbreviation for Vari-X.

The Vari XII is 1/2 inch friction adjustment and the Vari XIIc is 1/4 inch click adjustment that is what LEUPOLD rep told me cuz I have the Vari XII and hate it. Called LEUPOLD and they will put 1/4 inch click adjustment in and retune the scope for 90.00.

Originally Posted by jackfish
Completely false. I have the Leupold Vari-X IIc and it has 1/2 MOA increment friction adjustments. The newer VX-II has 1/4 MOA click adjustments.

You gotta love the internet! You're all correct in one manner or the other! Some answers are just more general and less specific than the other.

Jackfish,
Gotta be carful about absolutist statements around here.... smile

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by JoeSmith
Of the 2 scopes Vari-x II and Vari-xIIc, which one became the Rifleman? The Rifleman has 1/2" friction adjustments.

I don't think any of them became the Rilfeman--unless it was the Vari-X II's from the 70's.............

Now I'll be the one to catch it grin

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
What's the difference between a Leupold Vari-XII and a Leupold Vari-XIIC?

About $120 bucks.

In the real world, no difference except the better LR reticle is available in the VXII line and not in the VXIII line.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by jackfish
Misinformation abounds.

The discontinued Vari-X II (all variations) only had 1/2 MOA-increment adjustments, the new VX-II has 1/4 MOA click adjustments. People should get their terminology and information straight before posting.

The Rifleman is actually the current scope closest in features to the discontinued Vari-X II. The VX-I has multicoating on exterior lens surfaces, the Vari-X II did not. The VX-I has 1/4 MOA-increment friction adjustments, the Vari-X II did not.

The Vari-X II lens and/or coatings were "improved" at least once during the late 80's/early 90's, but nothing was designated on the scopes to note the improvement.

The Vari-X IIc went to click adjustments and smaller increments.

The first year or two of VX-II production had the exterior side of the objective and ocular lens coated with Leupys "Multi-Coat 4" coatings first used ont he Vari-X III's. In approximately 2004, the VX-X II's went to Multi-Coat on both sides of the objective and ocular lens.

I have received various answers from Leupy guys on the question if Multi-coat is on the interior lens or not......

The VX-I's and Rifleman appearently are not a direct copy of any of the Vari-X II's or VX-II's--they just use a lot of the older components/technology--with some new stuff thrown in.

Casey

Casey

Having said that, MAGA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Hey! how's the unibuilder? I assume you are dried in and working on the interior? Did ya' get to go elk hunting? grin

Casey

Casey

Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Casey, finished the last bit of siding (but didn't get it painted) just before the sub-zero stuff hit. My drywall finisher is finishing up (threw out his back last week) so I'm going slow this week. Did a few days of elk hunting and passed on a big bull opening day cause I was too tired to climb up the mountain and kill him! Go figure. Unibuilding has its down-side grin

Will paint the interior this week and start oak flooroing.

Should be in sometime in March.

Have been out a few times since and seen a lot of cows which I ain't shooting miles back!

This week I saw a nice 320 class bull but the bugger was literally 150 yards on the other side of a unit that closed down for the season... too funny. I ranged him at 452 yards, no wind, laying prone. Easy shot.

BTW, Casey what do you like for an interior spray tip?

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (10ring1, 160user, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 12344mag, 62 invisible), 2,652 guests, and 1,199 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,217
Posts18,466,363
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.