Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Not so quick on Ron Paul... I don't even know of him!
Always remember, if Jimmy Carter got elected, anyone can!

BP-B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Indy, well yeah, but these guys live in a parallel universe, so its best just to let them rant. They're just talking to each other.

This bill has been the subject of prior post wars....GOA as usual is clueless. The NRA as usual protected the interest of gun owners. Anybody who want to can search this from the last time.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
lol With those delusions you better make sure you've got your guns buried.

To Issac, you never cease to amaze. Your sense of arrogance and hypocrisy concerning the political arena is astounding. Have you ever held office or even run for one? I'm talking about small-time stuff even. Have you ever been elected to a Water Board (pardon the pun), Town Council, Mayor, City Commissioner, whatever? Are you actually on Fred's election committee? I mean, you gotta be such a bigtime playuh tellin' us hicks what will fly and what won't that either you are somebody or you're a behind-the-scenes guy making those backroom deals like old Bob Dole.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
How very Christian of you, Ethan.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You think so?

IC B2

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Didn't know running for office was a requisite to address political issues. Have you? If not, who are you to voice an opinion.

Get a grip on that low self esteem, dude. I've never used the term hick in my life nor have I ever suggested another man was a hick.

I'm in touch with folks on FT's campaign most each and every day. His primary operations in Va(and nationally for that matter) are in Alexandria and McClean, all within minutes of my office. No, I have never run for office and it's kinda goofy that you believe opinions must first be premised upon that criterion. I guess noone on the Campfire should address politics when viewed from your clouded mind!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Ethan has apparently never sent his congressman a letter either....even on a matter of apparently overriding importance to him, like the right to buy a handgun over in Missouri. go figure

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Spinmeister Steve, I used that as an example. Be advised that I've sent numerous e-mails, letters, and made phone calls to my elected state and federal officials on issues which concerned me. The last was SB 1959 which I voiced concerns about to both Pat Roberts and Sam Brownback-neither of which I've heard back from. Eventually Roberts will get back to me on it. I've heard from him before. I don't know if Brownback will or not. But again, get as far away from the true issue as possible and confuse the confusable by attacking the messenger as opposed to focusing on the message.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'd check the email address you're using....you'll almost always get a form letter back saying Senator Monkeypoo always appreciates hearing from his constituents, blah blah blah

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Didn't know running for office was a requisite to address political issues. Have you? If not, who are you to voice an opinion.

Where did I say it was. Yes, I have successfully. I'm just like you. I don't set myself up to be any better or worse. Then again I'm not on here constantly and shrilly proclaiming how this issue or that is simply juvenile to even address. I don't constantly tell people that turning back the clock on loss of freedoms is unrealistic and even stupid. Get it?

Get a grip on that low self esteem, dude. I've never used the term hick in my life nor have I ever suggested another man was a hick.

lol Now you're a Psychologist too? Kansans and Missourians are typically referred to as Hicks.

I'm in touch with folks on FT's campaign most each and every day. His primary operations in Va(and nationally for that matter) are in Alexandria and McClean, all within minutes of my office.

Why?

No, I have never run for office and it's kinda goofy that you believe opinions must first be premised upon that criterion.

Go back and find where I said that and quote me.

I guess noone on the Campfire should address politics when viewed from your clouded mind!

I am not quick to take offense but I find it passing strange that you see yourself as such an expert. I have absolutely no problem in your trying to become more active in politics-I think that's great, although I'd rather see somebody with a bit more positive attitude towards actually getting back some of the freedoms we've lost. Then again you have to be astute enough to see that we've lost them first. I have no doubt that Steve will want to use this as a straw man to draw attention away from the original post, but there it is anyway.

We don't need more people getting involved who say nothing can be done, like Steve said about repeal of the GCA. We need more people who have ideas on how to do it or who are at least smart enough to listen to those who do.

IC B3

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Go back and read your last post. The inference was either easily gleened or you were just babbling....again.

As to why some of FT's operations are in Alexandria and McClean ask him yourself. You correspond with politicians via e-mail, right?

It is hoped that you are smart enough to listen to those who know how to do it but I haven't seen anything to suggest that's true just yet!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
You are certainly entitled to your opinions, but I for one will continue to support the NRA. Simply look back in history & see when gun owners would be without the influence of the NRA. All gun issues are very complex today & some compromise may be necessary to continue to protect gun ownership as much as possible. Without the NRA the bill passed could have been much, much worse. Have a great holiday.

Life Members SCI & NRA. NRA Instructor & RSO. What have YOU done to support hunting & gun rights?
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Before you all jump on the this is bad bandwagon read the bill in question please, it acctually helps people who have been or may be put on the no gun list in error because of old info. The way the insatnt check system was once you were on it you could never get off. It also addresses the problem of people with mental illnesses not being on it because of medical privacy issues. Just because a vet, or any one else was treated at somtime for PTSD or any other problem is not going to instantly put them on the no gun list and even if they get there by mistake there is a procedure for getting off. So lest not all fly off the handle and go lynching the NRA

Declaration of Independance, in ENGLISH
U.S. Constitution, in ENGLISH
U.S. Bill of Rights, in ENGLISH
If you cannot or don't want to learn ENGLISH, go back to the third world cesspool you came from
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
this is just the GOA moonbats barking again......they see this as a power feud with the NRA, and their feelings are hurt that nobody pays any attention to GOA. Their mischaracterizations of the bill have been covered before. Its a benefit to gun owners, not a detriment.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
this is just the GOA moonbats barking again......they see this as a power feud with the NRA,

exactly!!!

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Forgive the lapse - been off-board for a few hours.

Ethan, when I said your comment was "Christian," it was not a compliment. I meant that you seemingly take a position not unlike a Koran-thumper: Everyone is entitled to an opinion - as long as it's a letter-perfect copy of your opinion. Or you'll rip/saw someone's head off.

Which is what you seem to do if and when anyone disagrees with you.

In short, how very opposite the "Christian" attitude you try to project.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Jezzus, once every two weeks someone reposts the same idiocy from the GOA which has no basis in fact.

The GOA is as bad as the anti-gunners. They live by spinning and lying in an effort to try and make themselves relevant. They aren't. They make us look bad because their lies are easily used against us.

The NRA does the work protecting us and the GOA runs around running it's mouth like the retarded cousin, pissing off moderates that we need to sympathize with us and undermining the people that are doing the real work.

I wish someone would do a search before they post the same idiocy that has been hashed out 6 times in the last 6 months on this very board.

This Bill changes nothing insofar as what your rights to own a gun are. It changes how those that already are legally barred, are reported. You cannot now or in the future (if this law passes) under Federal law, be prohibited from purchasing a firearm just because of a Doctor's diagnosis. You can only be barred if the diagnosis results in a court order determinating incompetency. It's been that way for years and will be that way whether this passes or not.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Oh no, it's me who should apologize. I thought perhaps you'd understand some sarcasm.

My positions are nothing like a Muslim's. But you are certainly entitled to your opinion. I've not ripped anyone's head off on these boards. As far as heated debates, these aren't even halfway towards the "hot" setting on my oven. I don't have any memory of having crossed swords with you, but maybe I have and it's a function of exactly how much it meant to me... blush At any rate, Issac and I have been talking about this stuff for some time now. I wasn't aware you were following the ongoing saga.

I don't try to project any attitude. I'm a Christian. It's that simple. I, like everybody else on this planet except for Jesus Himself, am imperfect. I don't make any bones about it and have never claimed otherwise. I'll say this once for everybody...my sig line is a Christmas thing and simply well wishes for everybody here on the fire-including you and Issac. The other part of it is a well-deserved tribute to God and not meant to raise me up in any way. I do not purport to be a Super Christian or anything like that. I'm a man better than some and worse than others and any talent I have was given me by God so who am I to take an inordinate amount of pride in it?

I'm sorry if you see the sig line as something meaning that I am trying to put myself above everybody else because it isn't intended that way OR perhaps you see it as I should no longer be entitled to an opinion that some may see as negative.

I meant everything I said.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Don't see any need to go back and re-read anything. What you infer from my posts may not be anything near the actual meaning or what the average guy would take as the meaning. Experience says that you're operating on some different wavelength.

That said and the last little jab notwithstanding, your "babbling" comment is exactly what gets you in trouble with many on here despite your sucking up during other times. I said this when you first came to the Campfire and started throwing your weight around (or attempting to) a little over a year ago, it's difficult to believe you're a lawyer when you act so unprofessionally on here. You are extremely quick to take offense and very quick with the inferences towards people's intelligence and sanity. I'm certainly not well-versed enough with courtroom drama to know but I shudder to think that things are conducted so fast and loose in a court of law.

Let me explain again exactly what I meant. You constantly set yourself up as an expert and the arbiter of what is and what is not a reasonable expectation of movement within our political system. I think long ago we stepped over the part where you tell us exactly why you are such an expert on this. I was simply asking you what qualifications you have, not so much as to offer your opinion, but to offer it so often and so vehemently on so many aspects of politics. Over 9,000 posts in a year and a half! Most on politics. That's a bunch my friend.

The "why" was a sarcastic reference to your boy's campaign pretty much making a flushing sound, not a question of where his operations are taking place. Why would I care?

Actually you are correct, I do correspond with politicians from time-to-time and e-mail is certainly one of the methods of that correspondence.

Know how to do what? You come on here like a house afire and disrespect a lot of people-I'm not talking solely about myself but there are a lot of "smart" people here on the campfire who may have opinions contrary to your own. IMO that's not the way to gain acceptance in a community-which is what this is. But this is just my opinion and you keep on keepin' on if that's what you wanta do.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
LOng's we're all cool on old farts waving Kentucky Rifles around, and making rather Belicose statements.....

I says,

Lets go up to HQ, and sort some serious derliction of appointed duty out.

I'm a little short of sleep, right now.

Ya'll that want to defend NRA performance over the last year.
Search OSHA "scramble"

for whatever it's worth, I'm a lifer....and all certified, and a match director and blah -blah....etc.

I am TERRIBLY dissapointed in the NRA / ILA.

See YOU, in the AM.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
696 members (160user, 117LBS, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 76 invisible), 2,693 guests, and 1,309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,688
Posts18,399,798
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.