24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 20,993
C
Campfire Ranger
Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 20,993
Thank OPs for posting...

Did some digging and found an awesome deal for myself on some Es.


If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.



BP-B2

Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 42,903
Campfire 'Bwana
Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 42,903
Originally Posted by Dutch
Hard to beat whatever Costco has on rebate, figuring in the warranty, service and convenience.

I’ve done the order online and have someone mount them thing. If you have lots of time and live close to a shop, you’re still spending a lot of time and effort. I’ll only do it for specialty tires my local guy or Costco doesn’t have access to.




My brother just bought a full set of oversized's for his Tacoma from Costco, and he's a really tight shopper.


Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 21,404
Campfire Ranger
Offline
Campfire Ranger
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 21,404
Costco!🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬


You all and your darn Costco.


100+ miles for us, ass raped on turnpike fees to get there.
Pay to shop!

Seriously, I wanna hit one someday. It's just too far, too much cost to go, too much
buy in. For someplace that takes 4 or 5 hours and we would only go once or twice a year.

I'm jealous of those who have one within their normal shopping area.


Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 22,746
Campfire Ranger
Offline
Campfire Ranger
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 22,746
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
Originally Posted by huntsman22
I wouldn't put 6 plys on ANY truck.....

I used to think that until i put 10 plies out on my 2017.
They cost 4 mpg immediately. I'm willing to take my chances.
Many years ago i made a traffic stop on a SRW F350 with a gooseneck stock trailer. He had 6 plies ion the truck. They were bulging pretty good.
He grossed out at 35,000 over the scale. He had 9,000# on his rear axle. Trailer was completely full of rough stock.
He wasn't too happy when i told him he was done for the day.
Those wimpy 6 ply tires never did pop!

You made my argument for me, and don't even realize it. If you have a truck, and are going to use it for truck stuff, the last fugging thing you worry about is gas mileage and the next is 'ride'. But if the most you're going to haul is the wifes new washer and dryer, or her groceries, you go.......

Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,395
K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,395
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
I buy a lot of brand new take- offs but typically. OEM tires are not very good. Take Michelin Primacy for example- straight up price point tire.

I have 2 brand new Falken Wildpeak AT3; 275/70R18.
I used them as spares driving back and forth to Alaska.i never had to use them. I figured just buy 2 more and remount these. $720 for 2 10 ply tires. I'm better off buying four new 6 plies and just putting these 10's on my other truck.

I just bought a set of the exact same tire and size, man I'm loving them over the oem duratracs. Got them for 1500 installed. Falkens come with 55k warranty and road hazard, don't have to buy it separate. Cheapest I could find locally, got quotes as high as 1700.

IC B2

Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 59,645
W
Campfire Kahuna
Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 59,645
Anyone like the Goodyear Mylar tires?


These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 4,984
Campfire Tracker
Offline
Campfire Tracker
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 4,984
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
I buy a lot of brand new take- offs but typically. OEM tires are not very good. Take Michelin Primacy for example- straight up price point tire.

I have 2 brand new Falken Wildpeak AT3; 275/70R18.
I used them as spares driving back and forth to Alaska.i never had to use them. I figured just buy 2 more and remount these. $720 for 2 10 ply tires. I'm better off buying four new 6 plies and just putting these 10's on my other truck.

That’s the tires I bought off Amazon and put on my truck. I like them so far.

Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 26,737
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 26,737
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Anyone like the Goodyear Mylar tires?
That’s all we use for tire swings at the river.


[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 10,246
Campfire Outfitter
Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 10,246
I bought BF Goodrich mud tires, and at 50mph it sounded like I was being followed by a UFO.


There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,378
S
Campfire Tracker
Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,378
Costco is my go to. They offer free rotations, free repairs, free rebalancing and will replace any tire that can't be repaired within 4 or 5 years of buying it. I have known people who picked up a nail in the sidewall on a 4x4 and Costco replaced all 4 tires so the tread wear was even.


My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
IC B3

Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 806
P
Campfire Regular
Offline
Campfire Regular
P
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 806
I bought Falken Z rated tires for my Porsche (when I had one) from Tirerack, and one would not balance after three tries. Since then bought tires from Discount and Amazon with good luck. Just got a set for wife's mini-van for extra cheap, with new TPMS stems, cost about half what the nearby Goodyear place wanted.

Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 12,944
D
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 12,944
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
Originally Posted by huntsman22
I wouldn't put 6 plys on ANY truck.....

I used to think that until i put 10 plies out on my 2017.
They cost 4 mpg immediately. I'm willing to take my chances.
Many years ago i made a traffic stop on a SRW F350 with a gooseneck stock trailer. He had 6 plies ion the truck. They were bulging pretty good.
He grossed out at 35,000 over the scale. He had 9,000# on his rear axle. Trailer was completely full of rough stock.
He wasn't too happy when i told him he was done for the day.
Those wimpy 6 ply tires never did pop!

You made my argument for me, and don't even realize it. If you have a truck, and are going to use it for truck stuff, the last fugging thing you worry about is gas mileage and the next is 'ride'. But if the most you're going to haul is the wifes new washer and dryer, or her groceries, you go.......

I drive back and forth to Alaska, 3800 miles. 4mpg is huge.
Never had an issue with any of my tires. A ½ ton truck doesn't need 10 ply for 90% of its mission. Plus this truck i just bought only has a little 3.7 V6, not exactly loaded with extra power.


NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 117
P
Campfire Member
Offline
Campfire Member
P
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 117
Takes me over a hour to get to Costco. No big deal!


Easy's gettin' harder everyday
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 8,069
Campfire Outfitter
Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 8,069
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by Dutch
Hard to beat whatever Costco has on rebate, figuring in the warranty, service and convenience.

I’ve done the order online and have someone mount them thing. If you have lots of time and live close to a shop, you’re still spending a lot of time and effort. I’ll only do it for specialty tires my local guy or Costco doesn’t have access to.




My brother just bought a full set of oversized's for his Tacoma from Costco, and he's a really tight shopper.

My son is in the business and says it's pretty hard to beat Costco for tire prices.

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 15,256
Campfire Ranger
Offline
Campfire Ranger
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 15,256
I did Amazon for my last three sets this past year no issues no problems I do my own tires to include studing... And re-studing 😋[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] oh yeah , I have to add that once Amazon ships me a set of tires ...for free by the way... they don't do it again and they pull the ad if I like the tires that show sometimes I quickly buy another set before the ads pulled! Lol


I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 4,779
H
Campfire Tracker
Offline
Campfire Tracker
H
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 4,779
I have ordered 3 sets from Walmart.

Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 12,944
D
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 12,944
I picked up a set of like new dealer Take-offs mounted on F150 Lariat wheels minus the tpms sensors for 6.
That even cheaper than Costco!😆
I'll bust the beads, install the new stems and call it good.


NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
490 members (160user, 17CalFan, 01Foreman400, 1lesfox, 06hunter59, 175rltw, 53 invisible), 1,525 guests, and 1,119 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums80
Topics1,183,004
Posts18,313,500
Members73,670
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023


 







Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5
(Release build 20201027)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 7.3.33 Page Time: 0.112s Queries: 15 (0.003s) Memory: 0.8826 MB (Peak: 1.0209 MB) Data Comp: Zlib Server Time: 2024-02-28 12:55:37 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS