Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RAM

Another thing, as the shooter arrived the thief was apparently in close proximity to the female employee, which would also elevate the shooter’s response.

If I was his lawyer I would claim he was also in fear for that lady’s life.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by RAM

Another thing, as the shooter arrived the thief was apparently in close proximity to the female employee, which would also elevate the shooter’s response.

If I was his lawyer I would claim he was also in fear for that lady’s life.

Laughing hard at that. Guy started beating feet as soon as the bitch screamed. If I was on the jury I would convict as no immediate deadly threat was seen.

Swifty
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Interesting. Care to share whatever you are rambling about?

Edit: thanks for adding the video

Yay more video from the fatass preacher that is a self defense "expert" lol
you mad cause you didnt get to shoot him

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
No sympathy for a brazen thief. They deserve what they get. Hopefully we will see a case of jury nullification here, but not likely in today's racially charged political environment. Short of that, however, he's going to prison.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I feel bad for the shooter but he fugged up bad! Shooting someone in the back when they are fleeing? He is so screwed! He might even die in prison!

A 380 in my pocket is better than a 45 in my truck!

Violence may not be the best option... but it's still an option.

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." General James Mad Dog Mattis
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm sure it has changed by now, but at one time, in the state of Texas, it was like this......
Example: You catch a thief leaving your garage with your "item". You draw your weapon and the thief ignores you or fails to comply with "dropping" the "item", you were legally allowed to shoot with the intent of reclaiming your "item". "IF" the thief drops the "item", you can no longer shoot.

How the law reads now...(????)...I have no idea!

The "test" case was a young man caught leaving (fleeing?) a garage with the homeowners bicycle.
The young man refused to comply with returning the item and challenged the homeowner to "shoot".
The "homeowner" complied with a nonlethal round to the leg.
The homeowner was nobilled. The thief went to prison.
That was MANY moons back!

I can only presume that the liberal/conservative leanings of the grand jury will probably determine charges or not.
We "KNOW" that grand jury's "SHOULD" be "non-biased"😡!!!

Last edited by MartinStrummer; 12/03/23.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Ok, so the State of Texas jury decides he’s not guilty. Shooter white, offender black. The Feds are going to charge him with a hate crime and violation of his civil rights. Then he be really fugged.

Swifty
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by MartinStrummer
I'm sure it has changed by now, but at one time, in the state of Texas, it was like this......
Example: You catch a thief leaving your garage with your "item". You draw your weapon and the thief ignores you or fails to comply with "dropping" the "item", you were legally allow3d to shoot with the intent of reclaiming your "item". "IF" the thief drops the "item", you can no longer shoot.

How the law reads now...(????)...I have no idea!

The "test" case was a young man caught leaving (fleeing?) a garage with the homeowners bicycle.
The young man refused to comply with returning the item and challenged the homeowner to "shoot".
The "homeowner" complied with a nonlethal round to the leg.
The homeowner was nobilled. The thief went to prison.
That was MANY moons back!
I believe that is correct vis a vis Texas law.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wonder what the gun store's thought process was for not calling 9-1-1?

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Reverse the races and watch the OP scream for a hanging.

I am MAGA.
IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
No sympathy for a brazen thief. They deserve what they get. Hopefully we will see a case of jury nullification here, but not likely in today's racially charged political environment. Short of that, however, he's going to prison.

This

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I do know of an instance where a thief entered a gun store, grabbed a handgun and ran out of the store with an armed employee in pursuit.
Outside, the store employee confronted the thief in a crosswalk, attemptingbto load the stolen gun. The employee reacted immediately, fatally.
That was back in the mid 70's, somewhere in northeast Texas.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Different times between now and the way it used to be. 1960's time period, this happened close to where I live........there had been a lot of thieving going on in the area, mostly gas and things that were left laying around and easy to pack off. One old fellow lived on a isolated farm and he had been hit so many times that he'd lost count. He heard his dog bark one night and got up to see what was going on. He saw some thieves out in his barnyard. The old guy got a double barrel shotgun and stepped outside. He yelled "hold it right there you thieving SOB's". The 3 thieves took off running down the driveway, and he put two loads of buckshot in them. One guy would spend the rest of his life in a wheelchair, another would always walk with a limp, and the third lived two days after being shot before dying.

The old man claimed he heard a shot and thought they were shooting at him, but there was never any evidence that they did. However, it didn't matter, as he was never charged with anything. The local folks all considered it good riddance.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
A serious gun guy understands the use of deadly force and its' application at an instinctive level. Few gun guys are serious enough to train and learn. He will spend some serious time braiding his new husbands hair due to his ignorance.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Texas specifically states you can protect yourself, AND your property from destruction or theft.... at NIGHT.

Daylight hours change things to protect yourself or another person from serious bodily injury or death.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by MOGC
Wonder what the gun store's thought process was for not calling 9-1-1?
You have to wonder if they were hoping some black youth with a criminal record as long as his arm would be discovered to have been shot to death, with no leads as to who did it.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Quite the contrary, as proven in the case of the black kid who stabbed his attacker to death. What's fair is fair, regardless of the races involved. You may have me confused with a liberal, for whom such considerations govern judgment.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
That does indeed open a door to a possible acquittal, since he may reasonably have feared using non-lethal force, under the expectation that many criminals (particularly criminals as brazen as this one) are armed in one way or another.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Quite the contrary, as proven in the case of the black kid who stabbed his attacker to death. What's fair is fair, regardless of the races involved. You may have me confused with a liberal, for whom such considerations govern judgment.

Every time something comes on your feed you express a desire to completely eliminate due process.

When it suits you.

Like a third world dictator.

I am MAGA.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
635 members (007FJ, 1Longbow, 17CalFan, 160user, 21, 10ring1, 48 invisible), 1,809 guests, and 1,170 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums80
Topics1,183,013
Posts18,313,602
Members73,670
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.