Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Awesome pics dude!

Tact is knowing how to tell someone to go to hell, and have them thank you for it.

NRA Life Member, BAA Life Member
GB2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I agree with BD, if your looking for big salmon sharks Seward is hard to beat. I'm going to do one of those charters myself one day and see what the hub bub is all about. Excellent pics JJ!!

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

JJHACK Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
AkMtnHunter, I'll split the charter with you. Figure out the details and I'll come up and fish with you.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jim, your on buddy, I know the charter runs around $300-$400 per person out of Seward, i'll see what I can do about booking a charter and will get back with you.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Islaoramada was a winter haven for us for many years. We would spend a week there in one of the resorts. At that time the Coral Grill was open with an all you could eat buffet.

The weather was great there most of the time but once in a while a cold front would extend all the way down the East Coast.

A sailing buddy and his wife sailed their sister ship to ours all the way down to Marathon and later Key West. They lived on the boat in the winter.

We like the Keys a lot.

[Linked Image]

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Details on this photo. Where, how, and what direction faced, north or south. Nice one!

Long Live The Judge

Thinking of moving to Florida? Don't........
JJHACK Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
As I recall all the old bridges are on the West side of the new highway. That makes this a northern View, considering the width of the islands in the photo, I would guess this is just south of Deer Key, and north of Key west? Kinda a guess from the contour of the photo though.

When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Now that looks like WAY too much fun. I would LOVE to do that someday!

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
JJHack

Who did you fish with? I have agreed to take my wife to the Keys in May, since I have used my last 15 vacations for hunting trips to Africa, Alaska, BC, etc. I did inform her that I would like to catch a tarpon or two and maybe try the flats for some bonefish.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Great pics, but I never have figured out that whole Florida-spinning reel thing.

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I'm leading a Boy Scout Crew down to Islamorada & Summerland Key in June of 2008. We're supposed to sail, snorkel, kayak, and fish offshore and backcountry.
It's still three months away and I can't wait, so I'm reading everything I can find.
I understand we should have great dolphin fishing at that time of year. I've done that before off Palm Beach and it was a HOOT! We could do that all week as far as I'm concerned. I just hope the scouts have as much fun as the leaders...

"The catfish is a plenty good enough fish for anyone"
-Mark Twain
"Democracy is the worst form of government except for all those others that have been tried."
~ Winston Churchill

JJHACK Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
It's one of the most spendy locations I know of for a trip like this, have you guys actually researched the expenses involved with this regarding fishing and other recreation? Things must have changed a whole lot since I was in the scouts a very long time ago. No way we would have been taken on a trip of this magnitude and expense!

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Um, yes.
Under $1,300 per person door to door, including air, food, lodging, fishing, etc. All thanks to the fact that the Boy Scouts of America have thier own facilities in the keys just for "High Adventure" trips like ours.
Check it out: www.bsaseabase.org

Last edited by sourmash; 03/15/08.

-Mark Twain
"Democracy is the worst form of government except for all those others that have been tried."
~ Winston Churchill

JJHACK Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
That's gotta be the single best scouting location in North America!

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
We've come a long way from sitting in someone's basement working on the Basketry Merit Badge, haven't we.

I'll ask for advice here right before we leave, and report on it when we get home.

-Mark Twain
~ Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
687 members (10gaugemag, 1Akshooter, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 78 invisible), 3,080 guests, and 1,474 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,678
Posts18,399,550
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023
<

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.