Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
pointer Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I downloaded the audiobook from my library app when it popped up on the list of suggestions. I quite enjoyed it! It did not have a whole lot of what I expected from Jim Shockey and the title. But, it was an enjoyable read/listen! I think the author did a pretty darn good job for his first non-fiction novel. Well, enough that I am looking forward to seeing what he writes in the future.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Thanks just downloaded it from Audible.

Please don't feed the trolls!
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I'll be interested to hear what you think of it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by pointer
I downloaded the audiobook from my library app when it popped up on the list of suggestions. I quite enjoyed it! It did not have a whole lot of what I expected from Jim Shockey and the title. But, it was an enjoyable read/listen! I think the author did a pretty darn good job for his first non-fiction novel. Well, enough that I am looking forward to seeing what he writes in the future.

So is it non-fiction or a novel?

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J.A. Hunter should have written a book titled Call Me Shockey.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland

Sorry about that. It is a novel. Fingers out ran my brain on that one. He added a lot from his personal life into the story, like water polo, places he's been, etc.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Sorry about that. It is a novel. Fingers out ran my brain on that one. He added a lot from his personal life into the story, like water polo, places he's been, etc.

Is it set in modern times? About the only fiction I read is historical fiction and then end up researching the facts. Maybe I'll get the audio version for a trip coming up.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Is it set in modern times? About the only fiction I read is historical fiction and then end up researching the facts. Maybe I'll get the audio version for a trip coming up.
Yes. It spans the 1960s up to COVID.

For historical fiction, I like Conn Iggulden. Especially the Ghengis Khan and Julius Ceasar series.

Last edited by pointer; 06/12/24.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (1_deuce, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1lessdog, 1Longbow, 64 invisible), 12,299 guests, and 917 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums82
Topics1,198,302
Posts18,605,593
Members74,139
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.