Print Thread
Hop To
Page 19 of 19 1 2 17 18 19
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by moosemike
I need you to keep telling me you're a Christian because I would never guess it by your posts

You're actually correct mm, point taken. I have a problem in not suffering the liberal/covtards very well, the ones who are trying to ruin our great country. No excuses though, appreciate you post.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
1 member likes this: moosemike
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by pete53
Originally Posted by RinB
This thread is endless. It deals with the most obvious conclusion.
Captain Obvious gets a promotion to Major.

there has been some very helpful and positive posts and i thank all that have left some great posts ! > RinB you are negative and not a moderator just stay off this site you own nothing on here little man. just go away !! Pete53

RinB could write a book (many) on hunting in Africa, you should listen to him!

P
pete53 Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by 257Bob

there has been some very helpful and positive posts and i thank all that have left some great posts ! > RinB you are negative and not a moderator just stay off this site you own nothing on here little man. just go away !! Pete53

well then i wish him the best with his book ! Pete53

Last edited by pete53; 06/05/24.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 257Bob

well then i wish him the best with his book ! Pete53

23 trips and counting...

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by bluefish
Dumbo Valley by the sounds of it. But hey at least ole peeteypie knows his UNINSTALLED 06 barrel is sub MOA. What a dingus. Can we wrap this thread up now? The 06 was always enough. The end.

Originally Posted by STRSWilson
just got back from my African hunt all went well got the animals i wanted to shoot and a couple more ,shots were long most were 250 yards couple were longer , one was shorter 170 yards with my 300 Win. mag. and this rifle worked fine as did my Nightforce scope , my ammo worked good too . i want to go back to my old favorite 30 caliber 165 gr. Nosler Partition which Saturday after i got back was able to find and order 6 boxes finally. i am now working on my new Brux barrel 30-06 Winchester 70 to fit in the fiber stock , so if there is a next time to hunt Africa i will take this 30-06 and my ammo. hope all are having a great year, Pete53

Pete what area(s) did you hunt?
> last plane went to Port Elizabeth then about 250 -300 miles west old mountains and plenty rocks and hills outfitter was Tam Safaris they were super great to hunt out of. if your interested P.M. me , we can talk if you give me your cell #. Pete53

If you went 250-300 miles west of Port Elizabeth, you would be in the Atlantic near Cape Town. Tam Safaris is less than 100 miles due north of Port Elizabeth.

IC B2

P
pete53 Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by jdollar
Dumbo Valley by the sounds of it. But hey at least ole peeteypie knows his UNINSTALLED 06 barrel is sub MOA. What a dingus. Can we wrap this thread up now? The 06 was always enough. The end.

just got back from my African hunt all went well got the animals i wanted to shoot and a couple more ,shots were long most were 250 yards couple were longer , one was shorter 170 yards with my 300 Win. mag. and this rifle worked fine as did my Nightforce scope , my ammo worked good too . i want to go back to my old favorite 30 caliber 165 gr. Nosler Partition which Saturday after i got back was able to find and order 6 boxes finally. i am now working on my new Brux barrel 30-06 Winchester 70 to fit in the fiber stock , so if there is a next time to hunt Africa i will take this 30-06 and my ammo. hope all are having a great year, Pete53

> last plane went to Port Elizabeth then about 250 -300 miles west old mountains and plenty rocks and hills outfitter was Tam Safaris they were super great to hunt out of. if your interested P.M. me , we can talk if you give me your cell #. Pete53

If you went 250-300 miles west of Port Elizabeth, you would be in the Atlantic near Cape Town. Tam Safaris is less than 100 miles due north of Port Elizabeth.

sure is nice to know my mistake on distance, its good i guess to have monitors on the campfire with nothing to do but correct posts. Pete53

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
What else is there to do with this inane thread you started?

The way life should be.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by moosemike
I need you to keep telling me you're a Christian because I would never guess it by your posts

You're actually correct mm, point taken. I have a problem in not suffering the liberal/covtards very well, the ones who are trying to ruin our great country. No excuses though, appreciate you post.

Man, more posting like this and this place would be tops!

Semper Fi
2 members like this: BFaucett, moosemike
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by jdollar

sure is nice to know my mistake on distance, its good i guess to have monitors on the campfire with nothing to do but correct posts. Pete53

Well you did almost end up in the ocean.

We're here to help! wink

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

Pete,

Glad to hear the hunt went well. Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

1 member likes this: BFaucett
IC B3

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
I’ve not seen it come up, and if this is in poor taste I will ask in a different thread. Anyone personally use a .303 in Africa?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Only if one wore a pith helmet could they truly be a member of the fold with a 303.

The way life should be.
1 member likes this: Alex38
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Welcome back Pete! I have killed the majority of my own Plains Game with a 300 Win Mag and the older Barnes 180 XBT. A few were right at 400yds, but that was in Namibia. I killed a zebra at 250 in S.A. (35 WAI) and a Red Hartebeest also at 250 with the 300 WM/Barnes. All the rest were 150 and under. I would have passed on the 400 yd shots if I had used the 30-06, but again, that was in Namibia. South Africa is fine 30-06 Country. I'm not a LR Hunter though, some folks can make an '06 sing way out there! Look forward to your pics! Jim

Page 19 of 19 1 2 17 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 12savage, 59 invisible), 12,146 guests, and 1,254 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums82
Topics1,198,291
Posts18,605,374
Members74,139
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.