-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I agree, i think it might do the trick, but we've got too many bleeding heart liberals to make it legal. crazy

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
I think they should start Caning for that kind of thing. Works in China. I bet it wouldn't happen twice after about 20 whacks with a bamboo cane.

Bamboo splinters driven under their fingernails is also very effective! grin

Hunting the "Roar",
Mark Luce

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm hands on if I'm the judge, take her car, sell it and donate the money to the girl scouts...then go back and ask her how it feels.

If one of those were my daughters their life just became a living hell.

Did you see the online poll? smile

Should these teens be charged? 98% yes.

Her apology (now that she is in it deep) sounded canned and labeled.

Last edited by Barkoff; 02/21/08.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Yep!!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Nah. I say use a little "equality."

It said, "Authorities said the teens were not charged because they did not use force to steal the money, nor did they take the money from the Girl Scout�s hands."

Doesn't seem like theft is a crime in Lake Worth, so a bunch of people should visit these two punks' houses and simply walk off with stuff from their rooms. Strip the place to the walls, in fact.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

IC B2

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Well, gee. I need some money too. Now I just have to find a Girl Scout selling cookies!

Sad story about today's morality and youth.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tell me teen girls aren't influenced by Paris Hilton, she's a mirror image; it's a toss up which has a lower IQ...that looked like an episode from "The Simple Life".

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
they came back to taunt the girlscout?

If it was my daughter and she said "they did it!" there'd be hell to pay!

and they'd be cashin in right there...

Last edited by blammer; 02/21/08.

Whatever you are willing to put up with, is exactly what you will have.

When your ship comes in. ... make sure you are willing to unload it.

PAYPAL, sucks and I will never use them again. I recommend you do the same.
After watching the videos of these vacuous children, what was most disturbing to me is that I am not at all surprised. Our mainstream media, press and most institutions of education have promoted moral relativism to the point where we're now reaping what we've sown. These children cannot realize that what they have done is wrong because they do not understand that there is right and wrong. They've been systematically taught that right and wrong do not exist.

These children also know that there will be no consequences to their actions. Their experience teaches them that they will simply be given more attention, more counseling and more "understanding" ... and they'll laugh their way through it with sarcasm, learning only how to do it better next time (i.e, how to get over without getting caught). My guess is that the parents (right after coughing up the funds to hire a good lawyer and buy their daughters new outfits to wear to court) will tell their friends that "we can't do anything with her."

These children have been taught, by many outlets, that there should be no consequences to their actions. They are taught that society is "narrow minded" and "judgmental" when it labels other people's actions as "right or wrong". Among our cultural elites being judgmental or narrow-minded is akin to not knowing how to read or make a mochaespresso.

There are some liberal minds who would argue that the act of these girls stealing money is simply a misguided expression of their socio-economic frustrations, equal in all respects to the Girl Scout's misguided expression of generosity toward our armed forces serving abroad.

IMO, in addition to whatever criminal procedures are taken against them, which should be serious, a normal community reaction to these girls would be to shun them. The people in their community should completely avoid them, ignore them, and marginalize them until they have redeemed themselves. These girls should feel in their bones that there is no place that they are welcome until they prove that they know and respect right from wrong.

NCBullshooter

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Those teens deserve to be tried as adults and sentenced to the full terms possible to be served consecutively. I doubt that is either possible or likely, and that is why we may soon be a third world nation.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am not trying to make light of the seriousness of the situation, even if the girls are charged in adult court -vs- juvenile court, the charge will only be misdemeanor theft. They won't see much more then this.

1. Pay the fine.
2. 6 mo. probation.
3. Maybe, community service.
4. Good and lawful behavior for 11mo./29days.

Next case please.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
If either was mine I would have to go to jail for abuse or the hospital to get my shoe back

Declaration of Independance, in ENGLISH
U.S. Constitution, in ENGLISH
U.S. Bill of Rights, in ENGLISH
If you cannot or don't want to learn ENGLISH, go back to the third world cesspool you came from
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by hunter1960
I am not trying to make light of the seriousness of the situation, even if the girls are charged in adult court -vs- juvenile court, the charge will only be misdemeanor theft. They won't see much more then this.

1. Pay the fine.
2. 6 mo. probation.
3. Maybe, community service.
4. Good and lawful behavior for 11mo./29days.

Next case please.
and that is why we may soon be a third world nation.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
I think they should start Caning for that kind of thing. Works in China. I bet it wouldn't happen twice after about 20 whacks with a bamboo cane.

though I guess it's against the law to do so, if one of my kids pulled that crap, they'd wish for caning in public.

what would happen privately would make them wish to God they'd never been caught!

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Unfortunately I work in a highschool with girls just like that. It's an "I want it and I want it now" mentality. And, who taught them that? My guess is their parents, their peers and our society. kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
girl Scout fundraiser:

one teenaged tart car
Troop of girl scouts
one bag of ball bats

A buck per swing ought to raise enough for the camp out!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
tHEY NEED TO DO HARD TIME,SMART ASS LITTLE TWITS.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Fortunately I'm a whole lot more downscale than that, poor repulsive kids are a lot easier to take than are rich repulsive kids. Interesting to compare disparate ends of the social scale.

This is what would likely happen around my neck of the woods if two girls going to a local high school ripped off a little girl selling cookies of $164 in front of their mom...

The little girl would likely have a number of cousins and/or siblings in the school, some of whom would be prone to violence. Doubtful if it would happen at school, because of enforced arrests and heavy fines for fighting. Needless to say the two girls would be forcibly informed in the hallway with a lot of words that began with "f" and "b" that their lives were shortly going to be difficult. Teachers and maybe a Campus Cop would arrive to break up the disturbance.

Should they appear at said cookie stand the next day, the Cops would be called to break up the fight. Earings and any navel rigs present would be ripped out, wads of long hair would be laying around.

The one girl's car? Keyed in their driveway for sure, and maybe the windows broken out.

Life in the big city....

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
wow just watched the video

girl was pretty flippant about the gig

tis why I'm not a judge I suppose, but I'd be tempted to get some guys of different nationalities to show up in court in appropriate dress and tell the girls,

"we're selling you into slavery to recoup the funds, if you'd have kept your mouth shut, we could have gotten the whole amount back, but even these guys don't want to pay top dollar for a mouthy brat"

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This incident didn't occur in the scum and slum of inner city SA. It occured in the rich and affluent Palm Beach Co. FL. I am appalled that as an educator, which the majority are bleeding heart liberal yellow dog democrats, you would advocate violence between juveniles. But as you stated that's life in the big city, one that you obviously enjoy, to each his own.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

486 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 1minute, 19rabbit52, 1eyedmule, 53 invisible), 2,717 guests, and 1,218 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,713
Posts18,456,929
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.