Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I see lots of fisherman at the fire, but don't see much chatter about bass fishing. How 'bout it?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
GB2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It's my coup of tea.

Me and a buddy have pulled in about 70 in the past month. I had one about 4 pounds and my buddy pulled in one slightly larger, but that's it so far. Senko style jerkbaits on a slack line have been the top producer thus far.

<<<<<<<<<<<SPACE FOR RENT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Same here. Senkos and Brushhogs have been the ticket on Toledo Bend, 'course that's changing post-spawn. We fished a tournament saturday. It was terrible. Only two five fish limits, out of 42 boats! Big stinger was a little over 11 lbs and the "big" bass was 2.78 lbs! We only weighed four fish. Our next one will be on Rayburn.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Rayburn should be fun. We did the Fork thing for a couple years in a row during the spawn and got skunked or almost skunked both times. The Crappie were bitting though.

I thought you might get a kick out of one of our early fishing trips.

http://www.chuckhawks.com/fishing_adventure.htm

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Oh' the good ole days! Now we panic if a trolling motor wire comes loose.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Now we panic if a trolling motor wire comes loose.

Speak for yerself! We dropped the Pond Prowler in the middle of a busy intersection a few months back after a tie-down failed. We had to drive a block past and swing a U-turn. By the time we got back to the boat some enterprising young man was trying to figger out how to load my boat into his truck. I told him he need to tie it up real good or the same thing would happen to him. He laughed and took off. We were loaded and leaving just as the police arrived. We passed the cruiser without even drawing a glance. The worst part was we didn't catch a dad-gum fish that day.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by prostrate8
Now we panic if a trolling motor wire comes loose.

Speak for yerself! We dropped the Pond Prowler in the middle of a busy intersection a few months back after a tie-down failed. We had to drive a block past and swing a U-turn. By the time we got back to the boat some enterprising young man was trying to figger out how to load my boat into his truck. I told him he need to tie it up real good or the same thing would happen to him. He laughed and took off. We were loaded and leaving just as the police arrived. We passed the cruiser without even drawing a glance. The worst part was we didn't catch a dad-gum fish that day.

Where's the video camera when you need it??

I had a fishing buddy many years ago had his new ranger boat pass him on the shoulder of the road while he was towing.

The boat went into a ditch and his new 3 week old Ranger boat became airborne. The trailer wench tore a hole into the hull almost the full length of the hull. The 150HP survived.

Doc

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Ouch! I'm gonna get me a boat worth worrying about one of these days!

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Back on topic...how is the BASS fihing...anywhere???

Doc

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Back on topic...how is the BASS fishing...anywhere??? wink

Doc

Last edited by Doctor_Encore; 05/06/08.
IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
My dad and his smallest, and his biggest on the wall!

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Waiting for the water clarity to clear up on the Tidal Potomac River. My Favorite Bank has anti-anything missles on it now, just accross from National airport.

Doc

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I fished a little lake in my mini-boat Sunday morning. I caught one before sunrise on a 5/8 ounce Jitter Bug and six or seven more on a spinner bait. I fished a plastic worm too but never got bit on it.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke 1795

"Give me liberty or give me death"
Patrick Henry 1775
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I get out on our community lake on a regular basis. 230 acres of bass fun and joy. I've caught fish every month so far this year, anything from poundish 14 inchers, to a 22+ incher that I estimate at about 7 pounds. I put in about four hours between the evening yesterday and today. Boated a total of 3 fish, lost a good one that shook the rattlebait free, and had a couple short bites on the wacky Senko. All fish caught from one kayak or another.

Winter:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Spring:

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Lake Guererro, Mexico was always our favorite place. We only trolled yellow hellbenders around a submerged island and drank Lone Star beer. No limit on the fish or the beer, and the guys at the camp filleted our fish for a dime each. Brought about two coolers of fillets home with us and we ate fried bass and homefries every evening, while sipping bloody marys.
Not quite a tournament like today, but the commercial fishermen there took more than you would believe.
50 to 80 bass a day was not uncommon. What a blast. Memories are made of this.

Jimbob
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ltppowell
I see lots of fisherman at the fire, but don't see much chatter about bass fishing. How 'bout it?

I'm on hiatus currently, but miss it badly. Plan to ease back into it soon. I sorely miss that tap-tap-thump of when they try to swim off w/ my jig. Love it.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Well, it's post-spawn in East Texas and the fish are off their beds. Fishing has been feast or famine. The cold fronts just never quit! If your'e lucky enough to be able to fish during the low pressure periods just before a front, it's great. Then it is hard fishing for 2-3 days. My deer lease is located right between Toledo Bend and Sam Rayburn lakes, and we have a club tournament once a month, so we fish a lot. It won't be long before the fish are all healed up and ready to go!

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
They bite in the rain? wink

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yep. I'm fairly sure that these are northern strain fish. So in the winter, when they're down in 40+ feet of water, they don't seem to pay much attention to the weather.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
692 members (12344mag, 160user, 12308300, 16Racing, 1234, 163bc, 69 invisible), 2,686 guests, and 1,253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,620
Posts18,398,530
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.