Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
leomort Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Hey you married guys,

Ever notice how much smoothly your gun, scope, etc purchase goes when the Mrs get some diamonds or jewerly? Despicable bribery, but necessary evil....unfortunately :0

Hmm, wonder if theirs cheaper way.......smuggling perhaps? lol! Although there'd be hell to pay later!

BP-B6

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Never understood how someone can't do what they want with the money they earn.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
leomort Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Easy, When you get married "your" money becomes "our" money.

Men have a hard time understand why women need 12 dozen different shoes, while women wonder why men need all those guns. wink

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
It only becomes 'our' if you allow it. Of course most men are defeated, it's the times we live in.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Forgiveness is easier to obtain than permission! smile

Steelhead, are you on active duty nowadays? I just noticed your avatar and signature line to read some such.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
IC B2

leomort Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Steelhead,

Well, in divorce court it all becomes hers anyways. Chose you poison.

Safariman,

Yep, done that too. But you can't back to that well too often unless you want reprecussions.

leomort Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Wanted to add, its not about whether your a man or not, our it's "your" money vs "our" but more about mutual respect for each.

I'm sure husbands wouldn't appreciate it if their wive's just arbitrarily decide to go blow $2,500 or more on the stuff they'd like.

All I am saying is that you catch more flies with honey than vinegor.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
only rule is i cant buy a rifle that i wont let her shoot(her ex refused to let her touch a gun)....doesnt mean i cant have a gun that she cant shoot....if ive got a 7 pound 416 Rigby and she decideds she wants to shoot it i have to let her.....but i HAVE to warn her about the recoil...grin she would rather me spend money on guns than jewelry anyway.....she aint big on jewelry.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by leomort
Wanted to add, its not about whether your a man or not, our it's "your" money vs "our" but more about mutual respect for each.

Very well said.

My wife and I have absolutely no issues with this, we simply keep lines of communique open and respect each other and respect our budgets and it all works out.

Dober

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Mark R Dobrenski
Originally Posted by leomort

Very well said.

My wife and I have absolutely no issues with this, we simply keep lines of communique open and respect each other and respect our budgets and it all works out.

Dober

+100

Karma and Trouble have busses, and there's always an empty seat.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Steelhead
It only becomes 'our' if you allow it. Of course most men are defeated, it's the times we live in.

I call BS.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I got smart before we got married. her engagement ring was a ruger SBH in 44mag. She loves it, after 12 years she is still bugging me to have "my diamond" engraved on it.

Another time I pissed her off and to make up I bought her a mossberg 500. she refers to it as her bouquet of flowers.

I tried to train her right from the get go about guns as a priority.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
My second time around was a charm. I said " From Jan 1st till Aug 31st I'm yours". I'll do anything you want to do. " From Sept 1st till Dec 31st your a hunters widow". Keep the food hot and don't use smelly static cling sheets in the drier. My money is mine and her money is hers. She has a list of bills to pay and so do I. Just keep the venison stew hot baby, I'm coming home. grin

Ken

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
My only guided elk hunt cost me about $8,000. $4000 for everything to cover the hunt and $4000 for the diamond tennis bracelet she bought while I was gone.

I agree is about mutual respect. If she goes out and spends $400 on a purse she does not freak out if I drop something similiar on something I want. The only bylaw is bills and savings come first and your allowed to do what you want with your discretionary income.

Hunt hard, kill clean, waste nothing and offer no apologies.

"In rifle work, group size is of some interest...but it is well to remember that a rifleman does not shoot groups, he shoots shots." Jeff Cooper

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Never had to bribe my wife she gets what she wants and I get what I want, I don't gripe about stuff she buys and she doesn't gripe about my gun and hunting stuff

[Linked Image]
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
The most fun is when she buys you that special gun and you buy her the diamonds.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Like Varmintinsc said long as bills are paid and we are still in good shape with savings I get my stuff and I get her stuff. I ask her to be nice and she ask me when she gets something extra. I don't have to run stuff by her, but then she wouldn't either. It works for us. But yea my 500 dollar Vanguard cost 1100.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If you both work, seperate bank accounts are the only way to fly.
You work for your chit and she works for her's. Bills 50/50.

I love the modern woman(with no children).

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
wow, sucks to be some of you guys.

my wife doesn't give a rat's ass what i buy, as long as any outstanding bills get paid. and vice versa.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have my check book, our check book and our savings. As long as the bills are paid and projects are done, she does not care. Then again for her to nag and bitch at me means she has to talk to me. She does not mind me bringing home guns as much as she does girlfirends. Oh well you can not have it all.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
228 members (257_X_50, 1minute, 300_savage, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 280shooter, 33 invisible), 2,211 guests, and 991 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,641
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.