Print Thread
Hop To
B
blammer Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
Hey all, does anyone have any moulds that they do not use anymore. I am looking to cast for a couple of other calibers. Let me know...also I was thinking last night (pretty dangerous stuff that thinking) would anyone be interested in swapping a few cast bullets of one type for another amongst ourselves? This would give many people (including me) a chance to try a variety of bullets without spending the dough for the mould only to find out you don't like it. [Linked Image]<P>I'll start off (and go out on a limb).<BR>I will swap some (10 or 20)of my LEE 250 gr 50 cal Maxi's for either some 200 plus grain 357,any weight 7mm,any weight 257, or another style of 50 cal maxi. For the pistol and rifle bullets please do not lube or size or gascheck. I can do that. (please send some gas check along if needed if you don't mind.)<p>[This message has been edited by blammer (edited January 30, 2001).]

Whatever you are willing to put up with, is exactly what you will have.

When your ship comes in. ... make sure you are willing to unload it.

PAYPAL, sucks and I will never use them again. I recommend you do the same.
GB1

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Blammer, In accordance with long-standing practice on another cast bullet board I will be glad to send you a sample lot of Lyman 287308, a 168 grain 7mm bullet. You should also check in at the castpics site, an independent site run by felix from the aforementioned cast bullet board. Several shooters have listed moulds for the purpose of trading bullets. You can E-mail me at this address:scrumbledaol.com. I have no 7mm's in stock right now but am about to cast several different bullets. I will have 7mm's in 30 days or less if that will help. Regards, curmudgeon

B
blammer Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
thanks curmudgeon- whatis the exact address of the castpic site? I am not that knowledgable on other sites.. I will email you my address, thanks...

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Blammer, http:/www.castpics.n3.net curmudgeon

B
blammer Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
Curmudgeon-Thanks for the bullets! I was thoroughly surprised! I will be ordering a top punch so I can fix them up (size,lube, seat check), load and shoot them. Wish I could post some results tomorrow but that is the way of things. Thanks again!

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Has anyone tried the bullets made by RCBS mold in 416? Was thinking I would like to try some before making the purchase of mold, sizer, top punch, etc. Thanks, Bill<BR>I have molds for bullets for 30M1 carbine, a 7mm, 9mm, 38-357s, 44s and 45acp.

B
blammer Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
sorry nothing in 416 from me.<P>Hey what weight bullets do you cast in 38-357?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've made 148 WC and 158SWC-HP from Lee molds. The 148s are neat when introduced to jackrabbits. [Linked Image] Bill

A
A
Ive got 30 cal 150 gr Lee with GC<BR> 8mm 170 gr Lee with GC<BR> .358 Round Flat point Lee<P>Looking for .277 or 7mm any weight with GC<BR> .358 200+ gr for 35 rem or whelen<BR> 30 cal 170 - 220 with GC<P>I cast straight Linotype for my rifle bullets and wheelweights for Pistol bullets so my rifle bullets will be a bit lighter than the mould normaly casts for reg alloy. I would like to know what the approx composition of bullets you send is. <P>Will trade # for # in quantities of 100 or so(bullets) and pay my shipping to you.<P>Good Idea, This One Here!<P>ARMJR<BR><p>[This message has been edited by ARMJR (edited March 22, 2001).]

B
blammer Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
All I have to offer (right now) are 3 versions of 50 cal bullets for BP shooters.<P>1. Lee 253 gr REAL<BR>2. .490 RB<BR>3. T/C 350gr Maxi Hunter<P>drop a line if anyone in interested.<p>[This message has been edited by blammer (edited March 25, 2001).]

IC B3

R
R
Blammer; How well do those LEE REAL bullets work? Those were going to be my next mould purchase. Is it true as stated by LEE, that they are self cleaning? (this refering to not needing to clean the bore as often between shots at the range?)

B
blammer Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
(whoops just reread my last post they are 253 Grain not 235)<P>My 50 Cal 24"(?) Renegade caplock, loves them, pushed by 80 gr FFG Black powder. My notes say 5 shots inside a box 1.5 inches wide and 2 inches tall at 50 yards. Before I got my peep site fixed, may do better next time. (outside edge of hole to outside edge of hole, yea not a real measure but...)<P>As for not cleaning between shots, hummmm. I normally run a brush then a dry patch every third shot, OR a wet patch followed by 2 dry patches while at the range. I did notice less fouling every third shot when shooting the REAL bullets. And I did shoot a string of 7 or 8 with out cleaning, and the first one was no harder to load then the last one.<P>(I'll send you a few [10-20] if you want?)<BR>The uppermost band engraves the rifling slightly when loading, thus giving you a "bit of cleaning" while loading. It is not hard driving them down. I used either crisco or Maxi Lube on them while loading, either seemed to work well. I have the double mould, and can crank them out fast! I would not recommend the single cavity mould, to slow... they also have a 320 gr REAL mould? I think, I may try that but for right now I like my 350 Maxi hunter mould from T/C.<p>[This message has been edited by blammer (edited March 25, 2001).]

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I have a 320 REAL mold. I think it is a combo mold w/.49 RB. <P>My CVA likes heavy bullets, the heavier the better. Maxi-balls and hunters shoot the best. 255 grn SWC .429 bullets out of a sabot are better than 240's and 215 LRN. Therefore, the 320 REAL's don't shoot quite as well as teh bullets that weigh in the 350 grain area. <P>But, it shoots them well enough for my liking. And, I'm happy w/it.

B
blammer Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
Rick L. - I just got back from the range today and discovered something you may be interested in.<P>My Lyman Trade rifle, shoots the 253 gr Lee REAL bullets pretty well but they are a SOB to push down the brl, even an unfouled brl. My grooves are deep and the lands high, this contributes to it mostly, my Renegade does not have such deep lands/grooves, and they load very easy. How deep or what is the land/groove difference in your rifle?

R
R
Blammer.....My vain attempt to measure my bore come out as.....494 across the lands, and .499 across the grooves.<p>[This message has been edited by Rick Lauder (edited March 27, 2001).]

B
blammer Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
I think the REAL bullets will work pretty good in that. I'll measure my brl when I get a chance.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a brand new .277 bullet mold. Bought it a few years ago and nevr got around to using it if anyone is interested.
<br>
<br>Ted

Yukoner
<br>
<br>Did you get my email? I am interested in the mould.
<br>Thanks.
<br>Chris

I am looking for a 32 special bullet mould and a 30-30 bullet mould. I have some moulds I might swap or I would purchase outright at a fair price. I am only looking for Lyman or RCBS moulds. Let me know.
<br>Chris

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (1eyedmule, 10ring1, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 22250rem, 12344mag, 53 invisible), 2,213 guests, and 1,246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,242
Posts18,466,802
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.