Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
I bought a couple of Q5's for my kids' birthdays. I'm impressed. Although its a flood pattern, for the weight and efficiency, it cannot be beat. The thing illuminates my whole backyard when on high setting- 1 acre. I don't think it will replace my princeton-tec beam for running dogs, but for a flood, I think its the best out there for its size.

http://www.zebralight.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=184

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Husky.

The Cree Q5 led rocks. I am looking at getting the single AA (H50) Zebra light but holding off to check out the new ones like the H51 that will be out in a month. Here is my Q5 flashlight. Darn thing can put out 180 lumens and has 6 modes. Runs forever on two AAA in the lower settings.

The light is a Fenix L2D Q5. The lanyard is homemade.

[Linked Image]

H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Wow, 180! Nice Woods, I have not heard of the H51, but it seems I have heard of a newer Cree series coming out. Are these related? It is just moving so fast right now.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The runtimes are just crazy and the lumans of the flashlight for 2 AAs are better than my old Surefire or Inova T3.

Utilizes a Premium (Q5) Cree 7090 XR-E LED with a life of 50,000 hours
* Two modes of output, selected by turning the bezel (patented)
* General Mode: 12 lumens (55hrs) -> 53 lumens (10.5hrs) -> 107 lumens (4hrs) -> SOS
* Turbo Mode: 180 lumens (2.4hrs) -> Strobe
� 28 days of survival use (2 continuous hours per day on the lowest setting)
* Digitally Regulated for Constant Brightness
* Uses two 1.5V AA ( Alkaline, NiMH, Lithium ) batteries (not included), inexpensive and widely available
* 14.7cm (L) x 2.1cm (D) or 5.8 in (L) x 0.8 in (D)
* Made of aircraft grade aluminum
* Durable Type III hard anodized finish
* 56-gram (or 2.0 oz) weight (excluding batteries)
* Waterproof to IPX-8 Standards
* Toughened ultra clear glass lens with AR coating
* Push-button tail cap switch
* Capable of standing up securely on a flat surface to serve as a candle
* Batteries not included
* Includes a holster, a lanyard, two spare o-rings, and a rubber switch boot

Those runtimes are regulated output. Just as bright as the first fire on new cells. I use Low Self Discharge cells now as they run longer and don't self discharge. They also work better in the cold however lithiums really rock in extreme cold. I like not dumping used cells into the trash. Think there is enough trash as is. frown I like the CR123s however need to use AA as the rest of my stuff runs off them. So how is the runtime on the Zebra light? I really like the all flood output as for camp work this is best. Yes those new models of the Zebra lights are not known yet but will be out soon. I don�t think the new models will be using the Cree R2 as I have not really read about much improvement over the Q5 in smaller lights like the Zebra or L2D. More adding a clicky (AA Zebra has a twist on/off) and maybe a small reflector to help the light toss out farther. However looking for the new lights to keep some flood pattern. I will just wait and see before I decide on what Zebra to get. Darn shame companies like PT are using older tech for their spot lights. My Apex uses an older 3 watt LED and wish for a Cree . The 4 side LEDS are DS and with the exception of the GS there is not much more improvement on these.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 160user, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 57 invisible), 2,599 guests, and 1,230 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,362
Posts18,469,005
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.