Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jorgeI
You guys need to find a copy of "Weak Link, The Femenization Of The US Military." It was written a few years ago and promptly quashed by the media AND the Pentagon. That was the start, you guys have no idea....jorge

Those of us in the military in the late 60's and early 70's do. I was in just at the tail end of the WAC's. The primary reason that the Army went to the M-16 was because of the small stature of our allieds and women in combat. Our allieds used the M-1 carbine which I think most of them were just fine with. The M-1 Garend and the M-14 were just too big and heavy for small people and women. Case in point is me. In my prime I was between a 158 to 165 pounds, 5'5" tall with small hands. I could handle the M-14 reasonable well, the M-1 not at all and the M-1 carbine the best of all. I like the M-1 carbine better than the M-16 even though I had no trouble with M-16 except for being left-handed and having hot brass fly down my shirt. Normal size men with normal size hands do not have any trouble with the M-1 or M-14.

When women started being put into infantry outfits you would see them coming back from field excersises dragging the M-16 by the strap in one hand and dragging the field pack by the strap in the other hand. There is no way the average size women is going to use a full size, full weight battle rifle hence the M-16. The women probably would have been better served with the M-1 carbine.

About the middle of the 70's the Army dropped the hand grenade throw in basic because women could not throw a live grenade to save their life or anyone elses. I understand the grenade throw is back in but I wonder how many lives were lost because of the lack of training.

So yup those of us who lived through this crap understand.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You guys need to find a copy of "Weak Link, The Femenization Of The US Military." It was written a few years ago and promptly quashed by the media AND the Pentagon. That was the start, you guys have no idea....jorge

Here's an article by that name:

Weak Link: The Feminization of the Military

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. --H. L. Mencken

www.oregonfirearms.org
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It says what I've been saying all a long: The modern feminist movement is not about equality of opportunity but rather about equality of outcome. And the only way to have equality of outcome is to lower the standards.

This also explains why we cannot and will not win the war on terror.

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
But they have proven useful at times

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Ya but those gals are a lot tougher than other gals. They don't spend a third of what they make at the beauty solon and the tanning solon. I watch nice female flesh coming and going all day long to the beaty solon and the tanning solon. Not a one of them could hual a full size battle rifle and a 80 pound pack a mile let a lone 50 miles.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
not all modern women are wussy's put an elk tag in my wifes pocket and she will walk most guys into the ground trying to find one....however its almost to much of a bother for her to get out of the damn truck and fill her doe tag crazy as far as drive to win.....watch a school superintendent tell her that something isnt public information when it is....she will have his balls on her desk by lunch time grin

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rattler
not all modern women are wussy's put an elk tag in my wifes pocket and she will walk most guys into the ground trying to find one....however its almost to much of a bother for her to get out of the damn truck and fill her doe tag crazy as far as drive to win.....watch a school superintendent tell her that something isnt public information when it is....she will have his balls on her desk by lunch time grin

It has little to do with that. IT is introducing an irresistible distraction, a much weaker member nesseciating a lowering of standards. Trust me, the armed forces have never been the same, at least not in my experience, but what do I know, on 1 December I retire with 30 years of service...jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
i cant speak to the armed forces as i have no personal experiance there......i must defer to you on that....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by derby_dude

Those of us in the military in the late 60's and early 70's do. I was in just at the tail end of the WAC's. The primary reason that the Army went to the M-16 was because of the small stature of our allieds and women in combat. Our allieds used the M-1 carbine which I think most of them were just fine with. The M-1 Garend and the M-14 were just too big and heavy for small people and women. Case in point is me. In my prime I was between a 158 to 165 pounds, 5'5" tall with small hands. I could handle the M-14 reasonable well, the M-1 not at all and the M-1 carbine the best of all. I like the M-1 carbine better than the M-16 even though I had no trouble with M-16 except for being left-handed and having hot brass fly down my shirt. Normal size men with normal size hands do not have any trouble with the M-1 or M-14.

When women started being put into infantry outfits you would see them coming back from field excersises dragging the M-16 by the strap in one hand and dragging the field pack by the strap in the other hand. There is no way the average size women is going to use a full size, full weight battle rifle hence the M-16. The women probably would have been better served with the M-1 carbine.

About the middle of the 70's the Army dropped the hand grenade throw in basic because women could not throw a live grenade to save their life or anyone elses. I understand the grenade throw is back in but I wonder how many lives were lost because of the lack of training.

So yup those of us who lived through this crap understand.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The WAC's were still in exsistance up until i believe Dec 1978 or Jan 1979. I was at Basic Training at Ft. McClellan,Al. at the time and the WAC's colors were folded and retired at Ft. McClellan. MG Mary E. Clarke, who was the Post and WAC Commander retired at the same time. The WAC's were doing hand grenade training at that time.

Unless things have really changed in the last ten years since i retired from the Army, there's no infantrywomen, only infantrymen. Women are still restricted from certain MOS's Infantry & Armor and a few more.

I remember the first women Army helicopter pilots, they flew at that time Utility and Cargo aircraft, but now their flying Attack helicopters and commanding Aviation and other combat units, at the Company, Battalion and Brigade levels.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nations have always needed the sweat and blood of there sons to repel threats and maintain sovereignty. I am not one that sees the need for our daughters to battle our foes.

Current policy is directed at advancing career opportunities for women in the military. To do that, they had to change the playing field.

Feminism has attacked the Armed Forces, and it's considered progress. I don't see it that way.

What is the penalty for pregnancy in the Armed Forces? Easy way out of harms way if you ask me.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Great post. It goes a lot deeper than what you've described. Try working for a pussified man/men in a business/office/legal profession and see how well that goes. I figure I can come in do my job well, keep my mouth shut and things should be alright, but it doesn't often work out that way.

First, you have nothing in common with these guys. They're usually liberal, they have wives that usually make more money than they do, and their lives revolve around a hiring people to do simple projects around their homes. Their kids are usually little a_sholes.

I make a comment like I'm going fishing in Mexico for a week, or I just bought a new rifle, or I was dove hunting last weekend, or that I used to have a CC permit (when I lived in a state where you could still get one) and I get surprised, almost scared looks from them. The pussified then begin to feel threatened by you. Once this starts to happen, things tend to go downhill fast.

I can remember coming back from a day of trout fishing with a buddy of mine. He was driving like a maniac, "I said what's the hurry?" He tells me that his wife told him that he was "supposed to be home by 2pm" because they were having people over at 5pm! Being single, I said maybe she'll let you slide a little on that, what's the big deal 2, 2:30, 3....Unfortunately, this is just another example of the modern man.

C
CWG Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Ha! I knew they were talking about Western Man.
Eastern Man, ohioans, Carolineers, Mainers etc are still Men. laugh

Cage-Divorce Deathmatch Survivor and Lib antagonist. Stock maker by sheer luck.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TomSmith
Great post. It goes a lot deeper than what you've described. Try working for a pussified man/men in a business/office/legal profession and see how well that goes. I figure I can come in do my job well, keep my mouth shut and things should be alright, but it doesn't often work out that way.

First, you have nothing in common with these guys. They're usually liberal, they have wives that usually make more money than they do, and their lives revolve around a hiring people to do simple projects around their homes. Their kids are usually little a_sholes.

Simon Phoenix: I'm sorry to say that the world has turned into a pussi-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Claude_Gatewood
Ha! I knew they were talking about Western Man.
Eastern Man, ohioans, Carolineers, Mainers etc are still Men. laugh

Good one!! grin

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wow, there ARE kindred spirits out there. I have three daughters, and for about two decades I have at various times been called upon to read bedtime stories. Try looking over the "Berenstain Bears" popular childrens books. The dad is always a big boob, who's stupidity has to be corralled by the mother. I refused to read them long ago. I tell my girls about real men, and how to find them. I tell them that they are not easily house broken. I tell them that they might grow a beard, and it might look like shizz. I tell them that they sweat, they get dirty, and they get riled when manipulated, they have big dogs that are messy. I tell them that a real woman loves/honors/respects that and will not try and change that, and the pay-off is loyalty, love, and true happiness. I threw off the yoke of a tyrant once and it was the best day of my life. I was in check for so long because of the fear of the social/economic cost. At some point it's "damn the torpedos, boys". I refuse to be pussified.
DB

Last edited by docdb; 07/28/08.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
because of the bullschit with the little league Pitcher Kid, this is to the top!

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Gee, all I want is to stop women from being Boy Scout Leaders so our boys can learn how to be men.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke 1795

"Give me liberty or give me death"
Patrick Henry 1775
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I am a man that lives in a house with three women -- or did until recently when two of them married real mean and moved on in life. They are REAL women, raised by REAL women and REAL men. My wife and girls EXPEXT me to be a REAL man. When their friends are over, Dad disappears to the loading bench -- a given. When Dad's friends are over, killing stuff, guns, fishing is discussed. If they want to see much of Dad during October through December, they grab a rifle and come along.

Heck my wife and oldest daughter did not want girly rifles when they started hunting. I remember telling them that I saw a rifle I thought about buying for one or the other of them. My wife said, "Well, if it's not a 30-06, don't bother bringing it into MY house." grin I guess they were trained right. wink

I work in an office with three women. They appreciate the testosterone level. I grew up in a home with a fairly domineering mother, but Dad was the strong, silent type, and I g uess that kinda rubbed off -- well the strong part did, anyway! grin

I encourage my daughters to be women. I encourage my sons-in-law to be men -- my daughters NEED that, they have grown to EXPECT it, and they APPRECIATE it. My wife says a REAL woman wants and needs a REAL man. (BTW, you don't have to be a beer guzzlin' cusser and fornicator to be a REAL man! wink )

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ivan
Originally Posted by Violator22
There was even a time when a President of the United States threatened to punch a man in the face and kick him in the balls, because the man had the temerity to say bad things about the President’s daughter’s singing.

Do you happen to know which President this was? I'd love to read up about it!

Regarding the Man Show - I used to love that show. If you ever watched it, you might recall a guy named The Fox. The Fox would play piano and sing the best dirty lymerics. Then, when he was done with the song, he would down a huge mug of beer as fast as you could bat your eye. Well, this guy was available for hire, and he came to our fraternity house on a few occassions. He'd always bring his wife. She would join in the lymerics too (they'd trade barbs - battle of the sexes you know), but best of all, she'd drive the guy home after he speed pounded all those mugs of beer. This guy would even down those beers while standing on his head - and just as fast! I was so sad when he passed away.

The Fox Inn, went there many a night, while in college! Great fun!

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by the_shootist
My wife says a REAL woman wants and needs a REAL man. (BTW, you don't have to be a beer guzzlin' cusser and fornicator to be a REAL man! wink )

She is dead on right about that! That is what is wrong with the "feminist" women... they say they don't want or need men, but they can't change their nature... so they go around being angry women all the time and then wonder why they're so unhappy in life. smirk

And you're right about the second sentence! In fact, I'd change "don't have to be" to something stronger. A "beer guzzlin' cusser and fornicator" doesn't appear anywhere in MY description of a REAL man. FWIW.

Penny

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (10gaugeman, 204guy, 007FJ, 2500HD, 06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 51 invisible), 2,927 guests, and 1,241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,594
Posts18,454,365
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.