Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Hi all. I am putting my CoPilot for sale as I am gathering $$ for a land purchase. Hate to do it but land has been popping up at better prices lately and I am looking to get a patch of dirt to call home.

It is a Wild West Guns takedown CoPilot 45-70/457 Wild West Magnum based on a Marlin 1895 XLR (stainless steel/pistol grip stock) very, very nice all weather rifle!

This gun has been fired very little since new and I am the original owner that specified the build on this light weight heavy hitting trapper length lever gun. To build a rifle like this would take many hundreds more and a 9 to 12 month wait from Wild West Guns in Anchorage, Alaska. It still has that "new gun" feel to it with the action a nice snug, snickity snick feel to it. The takedown mechanism is a model of precision and the gun can be taken down and put back together in less than 30 seconds with NO loss of zero with either sighting system.

The rifle is all stainless with a matte, no glare finish and has NO marks or wear at all. The receiver is nicely contrasted by the fluted bolt of the XLR and the black lightweight Kevlar stock($595.00 option)with a light texture to it providing a comfortable grip in any weather condition and also the WWG Big Loop Lever ($129.00 option). The barrel is a very handy 16 1/4" trapper length barrel and receiver is factory drilled and tapped for scope mounts and does come with the OEM stainless steel offset hammer spur.

The sights are the factory stock rear which is adjustable for windage and elevation and the front is a williams firesight in red and the front sight hood has been pinned into the front sight to prevent loss. Also included is the WWG rear ghost ring sight which can be removed and replaced with scope mounts or fold down the OEM Marlin rear sight and use the ghost ring.

This is a truely great fast handling deer & bear rifle for the woods hunter and also given that it is a takedown model, it fits neatly in its padded ballistic nylon travel carrier easily breaking down into 2 pieces about 17" long.

Please feel free to email me with your questions at achildofthesky at yahoodotcom. Shipping is $30.00 to your FFL to the lower 47 states, Ak and Hi will be higher and I will only ship to the 49 US states (sorry I do not ship to California), no exceptions what so ever. I highly recommend insurance (additional approximately $14.00) for this item. I am not a dealer so be sure if your FFL accepts shipments from individuals, if not I will have to go to another FFL holder for shipping that will cost extra and contact me first to find out how much extra. Payment by USPS money order is preferred and clear quickly. Cashiers checks can take upto 14 business days or more to clear and must be from a MAJOR US bank (eg.-Bank of Amerca) or it will be returned. I do not accept credit cards, paypal or personal checks. I ship with in 3 days of cleared payment. Please do not bid unless you are able to pay and are legally permitted to purchase firearms. Payment is expected within 7 business days after the auction. Non paying bidders will have negative feedback left and the item will be relisted. You are responsible for checking as to whether this gun is legal in your state or locality! I ship ONLY to your FFL and require a signed in red or blue ink copy of your FFL's holders license. No exceptions. I play by the rules. I am open to the possibility of a face to face sale to a bonafide AR. resident. I also believe in describing an item accurately. Feel free to check my 100% positive feedback on ebay & gunbroker (handle- achildofthesky) for confidence in getting a square deal. I am an individual and not a dealer or business and because of this, the gun is sold with out warranties of any type on my part and all sales are final. That said, if you have been looking for a truely as new example of these neat and rare little guns, you will not be dissapointed with this one. Thanks for looking and good luck bidding. I have a couple of other guns and some ammo I will be selling in the coming weeks to further fund an upcoming land purchase. Check my other auctions for other items.

The rifle is in absolutely excellent condition and hasn't been hunted yet.

As I mentioned I am selling a few rifles (don't worry, I will keep a few) and other things to come up with the down payment. I will greatly miss this beauty and selling my "heavy hitter" 45-70 will leave a big gap in my lineup. To alleviate some of the higher cost of this rifle I will consider taking in trade a VERY reasonably priced guide gun (pref. unported & ss) as partial payment both to help you in the price and me in being able to slake the need to shoot thumpers occasionally.

Hopefully the pix will show up in the link below, but if not the link in my sig to the pix there and I can email as needed as well, just shoot me a note and I can send them.

http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/ee186/achildofthesky/?mediafilter=images

Be safe and shoot big honking guns often.

Patty

Update: Sorry the pix didn't post. Please follow the link above or in my sig and the pix are there. I can email you others if needed... Thanks for looking

Last edited by achildofthesky; 09/11/08.
IC B3

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
[img][IMG]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee186/achildofthesky/DSC01468.jpg[/img][/img]

[img][IMG]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee186/achildofthesky/DSC01466.jpg[/img][/img]

ack!! sweeeet gun........ i could scare a bear to death with that......

try taking some pics on a solid color sheet or blanket.. would look less busy.....

i think i would tear up on this one.....

woofer

"I would build one again, if it were not for my 350RM (grin)."

MtnHtr
A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Woofer thank you for posting the pix for me. You are right about the background.

It carries very well in the hand and I have sellers remorse already for listing it but we need a patch of dirt to build on and the rifle will cover a good bit of the down payment. Another person stated it accurately "you can always buy another rifle but they aren't making land any more"...

Thank you again and be safe
Patty

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
sure thing.... dirt is good smile

woofer

"I would build one again, if it were not for my 350RM (grin)."

MtnHtr
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have one of these in the non-take down version. Love it--Wild west does an awesome job on the work-overs on the GuideGuns. You can also call and purchase the .457 rounds and/or barss directly from them...Super sweet rig.

Will

Since the World is 2/3 Water and Only 1/3 Land, Figures the Good Lord Intended I Fish More Than I Plow.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Patty-

Way beyond "cool".....

TTT

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Skane: thanks, it is truly a handy cannon breaking down into 2 pieces about 18" long.
Will AK: I miss it all ready even though it is still in the vault but NEED to get the house thing started while I am still young (somewhat) and prices are down from levels of the past years... I bought 1 box of loaded 350 gr's and 2 boxes of 457 brass and a friend bought me a hammond game getter round ball adapter that is driven by a nail setting blank to put in my pack for small game at close range...

Be safe

Patty

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Man you are gonna miss that one! Cool gun for sure.

Rick
A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Rifle is SPF, thanks

Patty

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
682 members (1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 75 invisible), 2,960 guests, and 1,431 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,672
Posts18,399,514
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2023 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.