Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
F
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
F
I like to ask if any knows if the Bushnell banner line scope are warranty with out question asked.I have a new banner that I misplaced the receipt;I read that Simmons will not repair any scopes with out the original cash receipt.
I wonder if Bushnell follows the same as far as repair service?

GB1

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Bushnell does not like to honor warranties, with receipt, without receipt, life time, whatever. Fuggedaboudid.
You aint getting your scope fixed.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
[Linked Image]

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Go to the Bushnell website they may have the information you are seeking.

This forum is full of Bushnell haters so it is difficult to get a straight answer here.

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
It's full of people that have used, broken, and gotten screwed on the warranty by Bushnell (several times over).

Go to the website. Call them. Go ahead.......

And you, too, will learn that a Bushnell warranty really is written on toilet paper. And for a damned good reason.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bought a Marlin 1895SS 45/70 ANIB at an estate sale several years ago.It came with Bushnel Banner 4X mounted.Always been a Leupie and Burris fan as well as the newer Weavers.

WTH, I left it on and have run hundreds of stout loads thru it with nary a hiccup from the Bushnell.

Crystal clear at woods distances even at dawn and dusk.

Who wooda thunk ???

BTW, a 300 grain Partiton at 1900+ will flat out ruin a deers day

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I can't respond to the warranty problems, I have several Bushnell's, both old (Banner's),and new (3200's and 4200's),and have never had a failure with one yet. Two of the Banner's are over 25 years old and one with the BDC (ballistic drop compensator) was on a high-power silhouette rifle (7/08) for 5 years and it still tracks perfectly. As you may know silhouette scopes must track perfectly and be repeatable, and after all of these years the Bushnell Banner still does, although I no longer actively campaign it in competition I do currently have it on a varmint rifle.

I have sent a couple of Bushnells in for reticle changes and both the service and turn around time was exemplary.

Vanimrod - this is not to flame you or start an argument but I have noticed that every time Bushnell is mentioned you immediately post an anti-Bushnell tirade, how can you justify doing that without owning a recent model of one. I am curious what experience you had with Bushnell that soured you so badly on them, and how long ago it was, and what level of their product it occurred with.

It's too bad that you are so strongly anti-Bushnell,by being so you are denying yourself an opportunity to try , to my mind, the best scope value on the market. Do yourself a favor and give one of the 4200's a try I think you would be pleasantly surprised.

FYI - I also own 6 Leupold's and am not anti-Leupold, rather I think that the 4200 is also an excellent product.

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Never said I hadn't owned a "recent model"; as the one's that I owned are more recent than yours. Have said, repeatedly, that WHEN they break (and everything will), that Bushnell's warranty department is a joke, and you just throw it away and get another scope.

I've broken at least 3 of their scopes, IIRC, over the last 15 years. I won't own another, as the three were of varying levels of "quality" from Bushnell, and all three got the same warranty treatment from Bushnell (i.e. none). Can't recall exactly the version, but one was a fixed 4x, and two were 3-9x variables. Sorry, but that's about all I remember at this point.

I won't try the 4200, because I have absolutely no faith in the company that makes it. And, btw - it's warranty ain't that great either, outside the first year where at least they'll give you your money back...... assuming, of course, you still have your receipt.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
FWIW, I am not brand loyal, either. I'm currently running an El Paso Weaver, several Leupolds, a couple Nikons, a couple Sightrons, a Pentax, and likely something else or two in there....

But, Bushnell and Simmons (and Tasco, save for the World Class Plus fixed tank-versions) are on the NEVER again list.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Thanks for the reply - actually the 3200 and 4200's are both current models. They are on a par with Leupolds optically and track truer than my 6.5x20's. As stated I have never had a failure with a Bushnell, either old or new, so warranty has never been a concern.

A couple of years ago I sent in an older, damaged, Bushnell Spacemaster spotting scope, that I purchased at a garage sale, for a repair estimate and they replaced it for only the cost of shipping ($20.00), which I thought was very reasonable since not only did I not have a receipt but someone had obviously made an amateur attempt to repair it, to say I was surprised they warrantied it is an understatement.

Thanks for your clarification.

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

261 members (308xray, 2ndwind, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 1_deuce, 10ring1, 37 invisible), 2,429 guests, and 1,196 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,715
Posts18,457,060
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.