Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
i don't recall all of them but still kind of neat

http://objflicks.com/thoseoldwesterns.htm

�The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!� � Thomas Jefferson
GB1

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I havew a real soft spot for old dusters. Love em all. The Duke, of course, is one of my favourites.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I am old enough to remember every name and face. I am not sure if that is good or bad. Nice link too, thanks

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Love that song by the Statler Brothers. I remember quite a few of those actors.

Steve

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thank you!!! That took me back to my days as a kid. I used to watch westerns all the time. I was in love with all those guys who rode tall in the saddle. No wonder I wound up marrying an Okie! smile

Penny

P.S. I still watch the old reruns of "Bonanza" every day that I can. wink

Last edited by Barak's Womn; 09/18/08.

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1
IC B2

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Thanks for that. A lot of good memories there.

Retired cat herder.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I was surprized to learn that Rocky Lane was the voice of Mr Ed, the talking horse.
Ben Johnson was World All Around Champion rodeo cowboy in about 1954 (not exactly sure about the wording of the title).
A late friend of mine rodeoed (sp?)with Bob Steele when they were both young. I've got my friend's 1939 Hamley saddle. Neat seeing this video.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Gary Cooper went too soon.

Me

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
They all did, didn't they?

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Same here have a soft spot for all of them, it was great fun growing up in the late 1940's and seeing them in the Saturday Morning Matinees and in the early fifties in the early days of Television every youngster of my era cut their teeth watching them on TV.

In the the middle 90's I used to haul an old timer to VAMC Seattle from Sequim,Wa on the DAV Van who claimed he was a body guard for Tom Mix and some of the stories he told Tom Mix's carousing when on tour were absolutely priceless.

Last edited by W7ACT; 09/18/08.

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When I was a kid, I watched all those guys on "big screen," many on Saturday afternoons. Other releases were "A" flicks. Later, when the western teevee craze came along, I watched those also.

Some of those actors would go around the country to small towns on publicity tours. Smiley Burnette came to our town and I had my picture taken with him. I was about ten years old. Wish I still had that picture but haven't the faintest idea what happened to it over the years. Too many moves.

Sorry all those "stars" and their "sidekicks" are gone.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
The Duke, Chuck Heston, Gary Cooper and Jimmy Stewart have all left BIG empty shoes!

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
They missed "Sky King". That Penny...mmm...

Guns are like guitars - you can never have too many.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I remember them all, guess I must be getting old!

Do you remember singer Jane Morgan. She and her personal assistant hunted with us last year and will return next week to have at it again. She is a real sweetheart !

My wife and I look forward to her return visit.

[Linked Image]

Here are pictures of Jane and her personal assistant Steven Gilbert from last season...........
Florence Currier (JANE MORGAN) was born in Newton, Ma. on May 3, 1924 to musically talented parents. Her father, Bertram Currier was a cellist with The Boston Pops Orchestra for 25 years. Jane's mother, Olga was a concert singer and pianist. Later named JANE MORGAN, Jane was a very popular performer on radio, which was a very popular medium at the time. Jane was graduated from Julliard and found that getting a recording contract was hard-going. Later, Jane was persuaded to try her luck in Europe. Seems Europeans were hungry for American music and especially for beautiful talented blonde singers. In no time, Jane was the toast of Europe. She sang in just about every major club. In no time, Jane was fluent in French (she had taken 4 years of the language in high school, but the real test came when she lived and worked in France). At one time or another, Jane has recorded in German, Italian, French and of course her native English. Finally Jane decided to go back to America and was 'discovered' all over again. Jane headlined at all the major supper clubs and did summer stock. Dave Kapp was fortunate enough to catch Jane's club act and signed her to his new record label, KAPP RECORDS. At first, Jane Morgan and Roger Williams were the only artists signed to the label. In 1956, they had a top 40 with "Two Different Worlds." The following year, Jane scored a top 10 with "Fascination." From then on, it was all top tv shows, nightclubs, summer stock and hit records for the beautiful blonde. Jane left KAPP RECORDS in the early '60's and went to COLPIX RECORDS which was owned by Columbia Pictures. Jane had a few hits with the 3 lp's for that label. Then Jane went to ABC RECORDS to record a lovely collection of songs. The lp was titled, A JANE MORGAN HAPPENING." Then Jane went to EPIC RECORDS and recorded 4 lp's. Finally, Jane signed with RCA RECORDS and recorded 2 lp's. Jane's final collection for RCA was recorded in Nashville and had 2 top 40 songs. Today Jane lives with her husband, film producer, Jerry Weintraub and their 3 daughters. This year, Jane did a show in Las Vegas and is still in demand. Jane receives loads of fan mail.

Here is pic of Steven and his 9 point management stag.

[Linked Image]

Two days later........................

[Linked Image]

Here is a picture of Jane and Steven with a 300+ lb red deer female.

It was a wonderful experience for both Jane and our staff. She is a real down to earth person who was great fun to be around. Jane and her personal assistant Steven and Registered Maine Guide Tom Holt set on stand for three hours before this big female appeared with several other females and a big breed stag.

Prior to the female moving past their box blind they saw several big stags,numerous management stags and some fallow bucks. She glassed these animals and was amazed at their beauty. She was also impressed by their size compared to whitetail. Some of the stags she saw would tip the scales at over 500 lbs. live weight.

After the female was harvested they then realized that this female was as big as a huge whitetail buck. Live weight put the animal at over 300 lbs.

The weather held off until the female was down and then the rain began. I gave Jane a ride out of the preserve on my 4 wheeler and my wife was waiting in a warm vehicle for which Jane was real pleased to see. For the next three hours my wife and Jane had coffee and chatted about just about everything from dogs to her close friendship with George and Barbara Bush. Jane has a summer home in Kenebunkport near the Bush compound so they see each other often.The Bush's will partake in a red deer feast in the near future and we will hear how they like it.

It was a very special day spent with a very delightful icon of the Frank Sanatra days.Her personal assistant Steven was Frank Sanatra's assistant until his death. He has been with Jane for seven years and he has traveled all over the world at her side.

Jane would like to return again next year and for someone who is in her 80's she is extremely spry. She walked the 1/4 mile to their box blind unassisted and could have gone further!

Truly a day to cherish for life. smile

P.S............Jane bagged two pheasant the day before our hunt and confessed that this was only her second hunt and she is hooked!

It just go's to show that if you have the desire and the health that it is never to late to begin hunting!

Hunting the "Roar",
Mark Luce

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Remember them well, growing up in the 40's & fifhtie's horse opera's were THE THING to do an a Saturday afternoon. Later when we got TV we watched Gene Autry, Hoppy, The Lone Ranger, Cisco Kid, Lash Larue, Sky King and so many others on Saturday morning. Saturday cartoons came late for me, the Cowboys were the programming them days.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Okay:

Here's a piece of Sky King Trivia:

Who was Sky King's Sponsor on Saturday mornings?

Hint: The logo flew across the screen

Bonus: What was the name of the plane?
The plane in the episodes did not match the plane in the opening credits. The original plane did not make it all the way through the show. Why?

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Plane- "Songbird"

Always drink upstream from the herd...cowdoc...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by pixarezzo
They missed "Sky King". That Penny...mmm...

I used to watch "Sky King" also. laugh And they left out Fess Parker and "Davy Crockett." I ran around in a coonskin cap for quite a while...

Penny

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Songbird is the correct name of the plane.

I do believe it was Nabisco as the sponsor.

The original plane was IIRC a twin engine Cessna made of wood and fabric that eventually fell apart and was replaced with a more modern metal one.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by shaman
Okay:

Here's a piece of Sky King Trivia:

Who was Sky King's Sponsor on Saturday mornings?

Hint: The logo flew across the screen

Peter Pan Peanut Butter

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (257 mag, 10Glocks, 222Sako, 163bc, 16Racing, 1badf350, 59 invisible), 2,527 guests, and 1,315 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,674
Posts18,456,096
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.