-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 15 16
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I believe life begins at conception. I also believe that any effort to terminate that life is wrong. Pretty simple for me.

It isn't a Republican thing either. I've seen too much in my life to question the existence of God and I believe that while the circumstances of a child's conception may not be perfect in God's eyes (rape, sex with the football team etc) the child is. The plan God has isn't or wasn't so much for the conception but the life that followed.

While I can't find a verse in the Bible specifically stating that an abortion is wrong, I can't find one where it is allowed either and there are several verses where the sanctity, and importance of life is reaffirmed:

"By Thee have I been holden up from the womb: Thou art He that took me out of my mother's bowels: my praise [shall be] continually of Thee." - Psalms 71:6

"Lo, children [are] an heritage of the Lord: [and] the fruit of the womb [is his] reward." - Psalms 127:3

"For Thou hast possessed my reins: Thou hast covered me in my mother's womb." - Psalms 139:13

"Did not He that made me in the womb make him? And did not One fashion us in the womb?" - Job 31:15

"Thus saith the Lord that made thee, and formed thee from the womb, [which] will help thee; Fear not, O Jacob, my servant; and thou, Jesurun, whom I have chosen." - Isaiah 44:2

"Listen, O isles, unto me; and hearken, ye people, from far; The Lord hath called me from the womb; from the bowels of my mother hath He made mention of my name. And now, saith the Lord that formed me from the womb [to be] His servant, to bring Jacob again to Him, though Israel be not gathered, yet shall I be glorious in the eyes of the Lord, and my God shall be my strength." - Isaiah 49:1, 5

"Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, [and] I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations." - Jeremiah 1:5

Me

GB1

G
GPA Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
OMG.....You just committed "Campfire Suicide"!!!!!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by GPA
OMG.....You just committed "Campfire Suicide"!!!!!

laugh laugh laugh

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
You�d have to be really secure in your beliefs to look your daughter in the eye and explain that in addition to the shame and humiliation of being raped, she now has to carry the child of the rapist to term and deal with the humiliation and shame of spending her senior year pregnant with what everyone knows is a rapist�s child.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
GPA, here is my take on abortion. And yes, you are trolling, you come here, knowing that no one is going to see things your way. You then spin people up for your own personal amusement. You like the attention, and makes you feel important because people are acknowledging your existence. If you want to talk about abortion, do it here, don't bleed your crap all over the rest of the board, not everyone wants to argue about this with you.

Abortion is a personal choice. Would I ever do it? NO. However I do not support the government sticking their nose in people's PRIVATE business.

I do not support it anymore then I would support a law saying that we could not eat beef because a Hindu president brought his religion into his policies, killing cows is wrong to him, but making laws that affect people that do not share the same beliefs is wrong.

I do not support it anymore then I would support a law saying that we can not kill animals, because a Buddhist president felt that it was wrong.

Trying to impose laws on the populous because it is what your religious beliefs say is right makes you no better then countries such as Saudi Arabia that ban pork, alcohol, and other items because they go against the religious views of the leaders. I thought we lived in the land of the free.

The reason why you are charged with a double homicide if you kill a pregnant woman is because the woman, in her PRIVATE decision, intended to give birth to, raise, and support that child. It was against the mother's will to end her and her unborn babies life.

Unborn children (to a certain point) are unable to live outside the mothers body. The child is solely reliant on the mother, they can't take the baby out and transplant it to another woman's womb. Therefore the child is a part of the mothers body, much like an apple is part of a tree.

I thought that the Christian religion was about acceptance of others beliefs (religious tolerance). "Thou shall not judge" comes to mind. I respect the fact that you may be against killing an unborn baby (as am I), and I respect your right to voice your views on the issue, and letting people know that you do not approve. I do not respect making laws based on religious beliefs. The killing of a baby is between the mother making the decision, the doctor doing the procedure, and God. You tried to tell them, and God will see that you tried to stop them from it.

Making laws based on religious beliefs would make us no better then the tyrannous Muslim nations that we so strongly oppose. What's the next step after abortion? Is it that because you feel you should go to church twice a week, that we should impose a law saying that every American should be going to church twice a week, and failing to do so would result in arrest and persecution? Are we going to making cremation illegal?

Keep your religion out of my politics, keep your politics out of my religion.

My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dog already thinks I am.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I know most here won't agree with my choice on this matter but that's ok. IMO, any woman who is made pregnant through rape or incest should have the choice to abort or not. Some of you say that the guilt of aborting a baby will haunt her but what about the guilt of being raped and made pregnant by someone you despise(sp)? Fortunately it will be a choice I won't ever have to make but for some women it will be and I feel they should have that right. Same goes for a life threatening situation, it should be the mother and fathers choice. I don't think abortion should even be considered for any other reason.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Making laws based on religious beliefs...

Abortion can be made illegal based on science and not religion.

Me

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Scientifically a fetus is incapable of living outside the mother's body until 20 weeks, one case has been recorded at 18 weeks.

Loosely defined, the term viability is the ability of the fetus to survive outside the mother's womb without life support. A number of landmark US Supreme Court decisions dealt with this question. In Webster v Reproductive Health Services (1989), the court upheld the state of Missouri's requirement for preabortion viability testing after 20 weeks' gestation (gestation is the period of time a fetus develops in the mother's uterus, usually 40 weeks). However, there are no reliable or medically acceptable tests for viability prior to 28 weeks' gestation.

Reference

So scientifically, a baby before that stage is a parasite, living off the oxygen and nutrients from the mother's body through the placenta and umbilical cord.

Now once again, I would never have my wife have an abortion, nor my daughter, or anyone else I had control over. But I don't try to force my beliefs on others.

Last edited by Lumpia; 09/30/08.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein
G
GPA Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
No....forget trolling.....Too many on here rely on the trolling reference to substitute for sound argument to promote their position. As soon as you cry, "Trolling", I know you are playing shorthanded.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Trollin' trollin' trollin', keep GPA trollin', holy cow I'm rollin', RAWHIDE!!!!!

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
But there is nothing a conceived egg can become other than a human. (afaik) Sperm and egg meet and they never turn out to become leggos or a grapefruit - only a human. That means (to me) that it is a human from the very beginning and thus afforded the protection we would give any human, particularly a defenseless human.

I am not looking to convert anyone, Roe v Wade is bad law on its own, regardless of the moral side of things. It should be overturned on that to begin with.

Simply stated my belief is all.

Me

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
So cancer is human, granted mutated, but human tissue. Do you feel it's ok to kill off cancer with radiation? or have surgery to remove it?

I know what you are going to say though. It can't become a living thing, but we don't know that, it may be just god hasn't made it capable of becoming it's own living being.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Just because cancer hasn't been deemed by God to become its own living breathing thing, doesn't change the fact - the scientific fact - that when a human sperm and egg meet; it can only become human. Something that can and will live on it's own at some point in time. That's all the evidence I need to see that life begins at conception and as long as we are a group of animals that (for the most part) value life, it deserves to be protected.

Me

Q
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Q
Scott,

"I personally do not believe that humanity begins at conception, but can understand why a lot of people are inclined"

If not at conception; then when?

Lumpia,

"I thought that the Christian religion was about acceptance of others beliefs (religious tolerance). "Thou shall not judge" comes to mind."

Christianity is tolerant of others wanting to follow whatever faith they choose. It does NOT accept those others views as correct; otherwise they wouldn't be Christian, would they. For all faiths to do so would be ridiculous. Please don't take "Thou shall not judge" out of context in regards to the beliefs of other faiths.

Qtip
Soli Deo Gloria!

"It's not a matter of legislating morality; it's a question of whose morality gets legislated"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
So if Barak Obama gets elected, and say he IS Muslim. Would you be ok with him outlawing pork (and I mean like ham and bacon)? It doesn't affect your religion at all, and it would be in alignment of his views. Nothing wrong there right?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by abc
The hunter's campfire.

There are 159 members currently on the hunter's campfire, 14 members on the general hunting forum, 24 members on the elk hunting forum, and 13 members on the deer hunting forum. That is 37 members on the on the hunting forums and 159 worried about abortion.

I would think on a hunter's campfire that on would want to talk about hunting. I wonder how many of these 159 members are going to do some serious hunting this fall. I plan on killing 3 antelope, 2 elk and a deer if I see one big enough then go to New Zealand in for the month of April.

Abortion is not going to be ended and even if it was those with the finances are going to Cananda, Mexico or Europe. And those with out the finances are going to have there babies and the goverment is going to pay.

Enough is Enough I am sending a check to the local family planning clinic today.

take your azz out along with the check

Sam......

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
When this subject come up, I always ask this question.. and NEVER get an answer...........

US aborions per year have dropped to under a million;depending on the source. That's great!

But, every year, tens of thousands of children who are eligible for adoption, go unadopted. Every year!

I firmly believe that any woman who decides to abort a child pretty much leaves no doubt that she sure as hell doesn't want this baby. So........ if she is forced to deliver the child, I'm guessing that it would be put into the "adoption pool." Or abused. Sure, Some would do OK.

But if just half, or 500,000, were up for adoption each year, who would take them? That's my question.

Again, there are tens (actually over a hundred thousand) children right, this minute who have been passed over. Can we handle a few million more in the next few years?

Everyone lives"Downstream!"

Plant Oak Trees! Catch tarpon...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Calhoun
So, it's okay to legislate it for all people of all religions because your belief in God tells you that it's wrong? And your religious beliefs tell you that you MUST remove free will from all people in regard to this?

Then I guess you're saying that we shouldn't have laws regarding the killing of others, hm? Because you can't have it both ways.

As the bumper sticker says, "It's not a choice. It's a child."

Penny

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I had 2 abortions for breakfast, over easy in fact.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Guess what, it didn't taste like chicken.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Page 4 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

80 members (257robertsimp, 6mmCreedmoor, 300_savage, 01Foreman400, 13 invisible), 1,152 guests, and 779 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,058
Posts18,463,238
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.