-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Sigh, I passed on one at the Lakeland (Florida) Gun Show a couple of weeks ago, for $379.00 (OTD.)

Of course, I already have one ANIB with the black zippered case ;>)

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
They actually are very rare guns. Just because a couple show up in a short period of time does not make them common. The one listed on gunbroker used to be my rifle. It was about the sweetest little .22 I have ever owned, but I had to sell if during hard times. I got considerably less than the staring price. If I had the cash, I would buy it back though. It is that nice.

Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

Anyone know what the total production figure was?

G
GoWyo Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Howdy,

No clue here JB. Well, I'm getting my TDS back from my Brother in Law. My niece who has been using it for the past 9 years has signed up and is in basic training right now. It's been ridden hard and put away wet (literally) so now I want to send it to Marlin to get refinished. Then my son and daughter will have it to learn on.

Has anyone had Marlin perform this service? I'm looking at a polish and reblue and wood. Ideas on price? Thanks.

"Damn right it's loaded, it makes a lousy club"
-JW
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I saw where someone on www.rimfirecentral.com, said for about $175 Marlin will send it back looking like new.

Tim

"I hate rude behaviour in a man .....I won't tolerate it." Capt. Woodrow F. Call (Tommy Lee Jones) The Movie "Lonesome Dove"

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
GoWyo,
Did you send it back and get it reconditioned?
If so did they replace the stock or just refinish?
My wife's TDS has a broken stock (beyond fixing) and when I called to ask about stocks they said they didn't have any but I'm wondering if they might have some for when guns are sent in for refinishing that they don't make available otherwise.
Josh

G
GoWyo Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Howdy Josh,
I just got the TDS back on Saturday. So no I haven't sent it off yet, still recouping from xmas. It'll need some work, lots of bluing off of the left side of the bbl, and a little patch off the side of the bolt. Stock isn't bad, but the butt plate isn't looking real good. If they rejuvenate it for 175.00 I'll be pleased.

Mine has checkered stocks, lots of the others i've seen don't, how about you all? and Josh, have you checked with Numrich or brownell's?

Last edited by GoWyo; 12/30/08.

"Damn right it's loaded, it makes a lousy club"
-JW
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Checked both of them, finally got a mounty stock from Boyds and after a year of waiting when they got it done the inletting was too big. That was about a year and a half ago, she's been waiting very paitiently. Have thought about getting one from Treebone but am not quite sure I could do the inletting well enough.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If you follow the directions on Tbone's web site you won't have a problem. Just think "scrape a little and try a little. Make up your own inletting black or candle the action and use that method to fit. If you do this you will be proud of your own work.

Thus saith thr lord; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeh from the lord. Jeremiah 17:5 KJV
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Have you done one? Have any pictures if you did?
Where in AK are you?

I'm working on an AWSOME stock from Treebone for my Contender. His dad cut it about 20+ years ago from a blank that was already over 20 years old.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've got a hundred pictures I need to post, I'm either having problems with my wife's camera or I'm doing something wrong with the down load software? I did this before and I wish to heck I could remember what I did right.

I'm going to have to wait for my computer nerd Son to come over to get this worked out, he has done a short cut to photo bucket for me in the past, I just don't do the picture thing enough to remember all the steps.

It's getting me pi$$ed enough I was thinking of shooting it all with one of my 35mm's cameras and taking the unprocessed film to Wally world in Wasilla and having them put them on CD's.

I only have one blank from T-bone that needs to be done at the moment, and it's ready, but the metal work is not. I have done three others for single shot rifles from his turnings and have never stopped to take pictures of my "as you go progress", never thought about doing it.

The other side of this is my first scratch build stock was in 1963. In other words T-bone is not my first rodeo, so to speak.

I have got a lot of nice wood from different folks around the country, and have to tell you that good wood comes from T-bone. The last time I did and inlet for a 39 was a factory replacement stock, many years ago. Let me tell you that the blanks semi finished from T-bone were less work than the finished one from Marlin.

I'm in Palmer.

Thus saith thr lord; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeh from the lord. Jeremiah 17:5 KJV
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I used to live up on Lazy Mountain right above Palmer there.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

611 members (17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10ring1, 1337Fungi, 16penny, 53 invisible), 2,641 guests, and 1,113 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,312
Posts18,468,225
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.