Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Yep, that's why I've added 2 Roy magnums to my group in the past 2 years.

I've added a 257 and 300 Roy this year. Dang ammo prices!

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[quote=dshoe] how long does it take to revamp a goddam website?!/quote]

Ummmmm, a lot of time.
I won't go into details - no one likely has the time or gives a rats arse, but, I'll just tell ya it taint like slapping something together in Microsoft Word. Buy a few more guns and they can afford a couple more programmers. smile

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
This hit my inbox yesterday...jim

NEWS RELEASE

For Immediate Release

Weatherby� Vanguard� Rifles Feature New Trigger

Not resting on their reputation for guaranteed accuracy, Weatherby� Vanguard� rifles now feature factory, "hand-tuned" triggers calibrated to break crisply at an average of 3.15 pounds - as low as 2.5 and not any higher than 3.8 pounds.� Additionally, the rifles' sear engagements are set to .008 inch to .014 inch--for perspective, the average piece of paper is .003 inch. �

"Serious hunters and shooters know the impact a crisp trigger has on accuracy," said Brad Ruddell, Weatherby's vice president of sales and marketing.� "The new triggers contribute to tight groups with each Vanguard."

Vanguards remain the only production rifles to come with a factory-shot target and accuracy guarantee of a 1 �-inch or better 3-shot group from a cold barrel at 100 yards with premium (non-Weatherby calibers) or Weatherby factory ammunition.

"Weatherby is the only firearm manufacturer to guarantee its rifles' accuracy with a factory-shot target," said Ruddell.� "The target is tangible evidence of each Vanguard's accuracy.� We take the necessary time to guarantee each rifle's accuracy before the rifles ever leave our doors."

Vanguard's action features a one-piece forged and machined receiver for exceptional strength and structural integrity.� The rifles' accuracy-enhancing features also include actions bed to Weatherby's famous Monte Carlo design stocks. �

Vanguards are available in sixteen different calibers and 120 caliber/model combinations, including Weatherby's proprietary .257 and .300 magnums.� The rifles range in weight from 6 � pounds to 8 � pounds.� Available models include Synthetic, Stainless, Youth/Compact, Sporter, Sporter SS, Varmint Special, SUB-MOA Matte and Stainless, SUB-MOA Varmint, Deluxe and custom models.

Ranging in price from as low as $399 to $931, there is an ideal Weatherby Vanguard available for every hunter and shooter.� For more information on Weatherby and the Vanguard line, go to www.399Weatherby.com or visit your local dealer.

Founded in 1945, Weatherby, Inc.'s line features the popular Vanguard and legendary Mark V� rifles, over/under and side-by-side shotguns in the classic Athena� and Orion� lines, semi-auto and pump shotguns, premium ammunition and security/shooting accessories.� The company is based in Paso Robles, Calif., and invites all hunters and shooters to visit and join its new online community at www.weatherbynation.com.

-30-

LCDR Jim Dodd, USN (Ret.)
"If you're too busy to hunt, you're too busy."
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I think that is the same trigger they released for sale in Australia. Even in a weak economy they will sell the schitt out of those guns. As far as websites go and rewriting of such it all depends on the content. My company puts them up all the time and it can be just a few days with medium content and I would label the old Weatherby site medium if that. They might have other issues with hardware as well etc etc.

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
I've been an owner and shooter of Weatherby rifles for many years before they ever had a website. Didn't have anything to do with choosing Wby then, and has nothing to do with continuing to own and shoot them now.

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
as much as people are paying for their overpriced rifles you would think they could afford it.

"Prima Fascia" evidence opinions are like buttholes, everybody has them, but some smell worse than others...jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This thread has me wanting to pick up a Vanguard in 257Roy and dump it in a McM...Hmmm could order the rifle now and a stock on the Christmas Specials if we have one. Spring Woodchuck killin' with the Roy might be fun, I think I could like it.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
As an aside, I'd just like to mention that in all my years afield, the most accurate rifles I've ever owned, shot or witnessed being shot on the range by family, friends or clientel (back in my 'pro' days) were of the Weatherby/Howa ilk and those firearms made by Sako (I'd give them an even tie). In short, I feel that the Vanguard is a real bargain as it will indeed hang with the $1,300+ boys -- at least in terms of pure accuracy without much/if any tinkering.

One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching. -Bill
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
ringworm, where are all these monster bulls falling to the 7-08? i live in utah, been on lots of big bull hunts in ut,nv,wy,az,nm.and talk too hundreds of coveted tag holders of hard to draw big bull units, i dont recall a single 7-08 being used, other than the big magnums the 270 and 30-06 are the norm. not sayin a 7-08 or that class of rifle wont do the job, just wondering where you got that from?

KDK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by HunterJim
Vanguards are available in sixteen different calibers and 120 caliber/model combinations, including Weatherby's proprietary .257 and .300 magnums.�

A random thought popped into my head as I was reading this...

At what point does a round no longer qualify as proprietary? When other companies chamber for it? (Rem with the .257, 7mm and .300 Wbys? Or when other companies manufacture ammo for it?

Originally Posted by ingwe
This is a shooting forum, there is no place here for logic.
IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by dshoe
I mean, how long does it take to revamp a goddam website?!

The Lord will not leave a man unpunished that takes His name in vain.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Jesus wept.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
D
dshoe Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Originally Posted by dshoe
I mean, how long does it take to revamp a goddam website?!

The Lord will not leave a man unpunished that takes His name in vain.

And, another name for the Lord is God, not "goddam."

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yes, dshoe, you'd be grammatically correct in that explanation. However you'd still be wrong because we (and HE) know what you meant. Even the title line is over the top at this website. There are a number of other sites where dudes have to use profanity to be heard. Not so here.
The best thing about this site is the good exchange of info and ideas without foul language. Please clean it up next time. Thanks.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
++1

Last edited by safariman; 10/25/08.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Even at the new crippled site that's been up the entire time (www.399weatherby.com) you can download the entire catalog...and their discussion boar is still up. What else do you need/want?

Otto is my co-pilot.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
An improved trigger would make the vanguard an even better deal than it is now. And cutting a half-pound off the action wouldn't hurt either. But they are slick rifles, excepting the trigger, as issued.

And... just to make sure we're not leaving politics out of this thread:

"Obama sucks"

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Still a competative company with a good product. the new stuff isn't really better, just different for the most part. And, Remington is a boring word, RUM a drink, and Weatherby is sexy.

Ignorance is not confined to uneducated people.

WHO IS
JOHN GALT?

LIBERTY!

D
dshoe Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by 338Federal
Yes, dshoe, you'd be grammatically correct in that explanation. However you'd still be wrong because we (and HE) know what you meant. Even the title line is over the top at this website. There are a number of other sites where dudes have to use profanity to be heard. Not so here.
The best thing about this site is the good exchange of info and ideas without foul language. Please clean it up next time. Thanks.

I understand what you're saying. You're right, too. Sorry for any offense. Obviously, I was quite irritated with Weatherby (and its web site) the other night. Thanks...

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
as much as people are paying for their overpriced rifles you would think they could afford it.

sorry for any inconvenience this may be causing you. may i suggest a stevens 200, or a remington 770, or a smith and wesson i bolt? I know! how about a mossberg 4x4? over priced? I don't think so, I think it's just that some of us may have better taste than others. i don't make mutch $$$ but i will spend the bucks for really nice stuff. sako, steyr, blaser, remington, kimber, cooper, montana rifle company, nosler, and yes even weatherby make fire arms that some would say are "over priced". if you don't want to spend that kind of money then stay of their porch. do you drive a pinto, kia, prius, how about a chevet? maybee it's options, or just a little pride of owner ship, i don't know but it's nice to have the options to make MY choice.

let me give you boys a lil' tip. you might wanna turn off that engine 'fore you go and change that there fan belt!
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (1234, 219DW, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 54 invisible), 2,056 guests, and 1,099 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,085
Posts18,463,914
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.