-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Apply Adolph's meat tenderizer in place of salt. Add a little red wine or vinegar, maybe 1 tsp per pound of meat. Add a little beer to carry the Adolph's into the meat. Knead the meat with your hands to mix and work the Adolph's into the meat. Leave to marinate in the fridge covered for a few hours. The thicker the meat, the longer you marinate. The more you knead, the quicker it marinates and tenderizes the meat.

When you fry it, use a cast iron skillet. Put some fat into the skillet and turn the heat on high. I prefer bacon fat, but olive oil is okay. When it starts to smoke, add 2 or 3 pieces of meat to the skillet. Leave room between steaks in the skillet! Too much meat causes liquid to gather in the skillet, cools the skillet, and makes the meat tough. Fry on each side for as short a time as you can stand. Less cooking = more tender. More cooking = less tender. If the house fills with smoke, open the windows. If it doesn't, you're not cooking hot enough. Add fat as needed to keep hot fat in the skillet. Serve with mashed potatoes and sweet corn.

Not fancy, just fabulous.

-

Our God reigns.
Harrumph!!!
I often use quick reply. My posts are not directed toward any specific person unless I mention them by name.
GB1

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Monday night we had a 1" thick round steak off the 56" bull I helped dress out in the middle of the night this year. It just fit in the deep, 10" cast-iron frypan. The steak, that is. The moose was a bit larger....

Garlic salt and pepper both sides, roll in flour, sear both sides until crusty-brown in smoking hot butter with a lid on the pan.

Add about 3 cups water mixed with aujus mix, a shot of mesquite liquid smoke, and just a bit of Worcestershire sauce or A1, reduce heat, keep covered and simmer until just pink inside. The gravy went fine over the rice. By the time the wife got home (she was late) hers was well done, but still tender and excellent. She took the leftovers back out to the village with her Tuesday morning.

My wife complained - she had her mouth set (also full, at the time) on it being simmered in tomato sauce (we were out) and various spices- which we also do on occaision- but what the heck- if she wants to dictate how it should be done, she can get home in time to do it herself! You will notice I didn't wait to eat with her either - but I did have a BIG glass of good wine waiting for her. smile

Last edited by las; 11/12/08.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

129 members (10Glocks, 257 mag, 35, 300jimmy, 41rem, 14 invisible), 1,245 guests, and 849 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,176
Posts18,465,454
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.