-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Actually there are links to the case filing and such showing atty Holt is likely a real flesh and blood female atty... Involved in a suit against Mossberg, exactly as stated...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Here is a link to Mossberg's recall list.

http://www.mossberg.com/content.asp?id=557&section=safety

I don't see the ATR mentioned. This is all I need to know about their company. Let the lawyers eat 'em up, I really could care less.

Way too many good companies building things right for me to worry about losing one that prides themselves on producing a bonafide piece of chit.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yeah Art, the new trigger was for no reason, right? Mike Walker's sworn and documented testimony wasn't real. The faulty M700 trigger design and FOSR's well documented both inside the Rem factory and by consumers isn't real. Your willful ignorance and double standard is fascinating.

The new ownership of Remington inherited a multi-million dollar slush fund because the previous ownership decided paying lawsuits was easier than fixing the trigger design... talk about not giving a chit about the consumer. At least the current ownership stepped up and finally did the right thing.

I'd actually own a Remington again... at least Mossberg, when it found the problem issued a recall. Remington did no such thing.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
and after all that the damn remington bolts still fall off. I would own a savage first.

Last edited by jimmyp; 01/01/09.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
The older Howas are the ONLY ones with a recall mod available according to their website. The ATR's aren't mentioned. I've never handled one but have looked at the pics of the disassembled bolt. Looks to me like a pos. VERY POOR design & the engineers that designed it should look for work in another profession.

IC B2

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Well Mr Holt,

tell them they should have bought a Winchester or Remington

S
SHW Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Hell,

Blasers have been doing this for years.

Flame on.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Let me get this straight. An attorney is seeking info to strengthen her client's case who has been severly injured by a faulty firearm design.

I see no recall info on this rifle on the Mossberg site. I feel safe to say that Mossberg knows about the incidents.

What is your problem with a search for info? I see nothing under the table here, all will come out in court.

If it had been me, minus half my face, I'd be damned proud my attourney was in search of more evidence of neglect.

g

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I have a savage that somewhat failed in this manner. I was shooting some reloads that where under max. levels in one of my manuals and the bolt felt different when I closed it. The reloads where near the top of the chart listed, but I hadn't noticed any signs of high pressure. Upon checking out why the bolt felt "funny" I discovered that the pin holding the lugs and boltface had broke and the lugs wasn't engaged. Thank god I opened it up and checked before I went ahead and fired it.The pin looks rather large untill you take the bolt apart and realize it is nearly drilled in two to allow the firing pin to pass thru. I don't normally like the hotter loads, but this gun was grouping better as I increased the powder charge 1/2 grains at a time. In all fairness I had just bought the gun used at a very cheap price for a rainy day gun when I might not want to take one of my better guns out($150), and could tell it had a hard life.I spent a furtune on the gun ,new barrel(pitted badly- should have cleaned barrel before I bought it), new SS trigger(great trigger for a low budget design gun)and Devcon bed the stock, Replace plastic trigger gaurd with metal because of bedding issues. Wish I had never seen a Savage, not smart enough to quit putting money in it and cut my loses. Now on I will stick to machined bolt lugs design-Remington, Winchester,Ruger, Cooper( Iknow- bought before the USA Today article). This honestly isn't a flame, just my account of a gun and have resisted posting about because not wanting to appear as a flame. I still have gun, can't in good consious sell it to a friend as a beginner rifle because of what I think of the design.I still use it for bad weather, I never warmed up to synthetic-sucker for pretty wood, but only shoot factory ammo and inspect it after using it. Sometimes a manufacturer has to be forced to do the right thing. I think the poster asked for legitimate information in a honest question. I have never used a lawyer except for preparing a will, but all of us know that we may have to on any given day if it is the only option in a case where we have been hurt or wronged and can't closure by any other means.

Last edited by ChuckKY; 01/02/09.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If the guns were faulty and injured the shooters, they are entitled to compensation and if the compay was negligent, they are subject to punitive damages. If me or one of my family were severely injured by a faulty anything, I would sue. Minor injuries with no lasting damage are a different matter.

I have a Mossberg 500 12 ga pump, and it works well. I bought the synthetic stocked version for quail hunting in the thick brush where I would not take my old but clean Ithaca or my high-grade Browning. I don't care if the plastic stock or painted receiver get scratched up. I have an old 46B .22 rifle and I learned with a Mossberg bolt action .22 in the 60's. Those were and still are accurate, dependable guns. I can't comment on any other Mossbergs as I have no experience with them.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ChuckKY
Now on I will stick to machined bolt lugs design-Remington, Winchester,Ruger, Cooper ......

The Remmy 700/721 type bolts are not "machined bolt lugs design"!

Those Remmy bolt bodies are three piece with the bolt handle brazed on and yes the bolt lug section brazed on! Look at your Remmy bolt body a half inch behind the lugs and you will see a groove there where the bolt body is brazed onto the bolt lugs!

mad

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RustyAxeCamp
Originally Posted by Attorney_Holt
blow a user's face off.

Is this the medical term you plan on using in your trial?

Wished I stopped reading this thread here on p. 2. Definitely the high point! smile

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I've not had any failures with any Remingtons, My only problem has been with the small pin that holds the boltface on my savage and the way it is nearly drilled in two to allow the firing pin to pass thru. Not over engineered by any standard, just stating facts as I have seen them in the rifles I have owned.The retaining pin is huge weak link in camming open a stuck case. In doing so it can and has broke in the past and may not allow proper lug engagement. These aren't stories I've read about or heard 2nd. hand,just facts I've seen on a particular rifle I own.
Not internet law written in stone, just personal information I've actually seen. Actually Remington bolts aren't "brazed on" , they are silver soldered at around 90000# tensile strengh(close to the strengh of the carbon steel used in the bolt body), whereas brazing equates to 45000-60000# maximum.
Originally Posted by Savage_99
Originally Posted by ChuckKY
Now on I will stick to machined bolt lugs design-Remington, Winchester,Ruger, Cooper ......

The Remmy 700/721 type bolts are not "machined bolt lugs design"!

Those Remmy bolt bodies are three piece with the bolt handle brazed on and yes the bolt lug section brazed on! Look at your Remmy bolt body a half inch behind the lugs and you will see a groove there where the bolt body is brazed onto the bolt lugs!

mad

Last edited by ChuckKY; 01/02/09.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by dogzapper

Let's see, a troll who identifies himself as "Attorney Holt" appears on the Campfire. He has a total of TWO posts.

This thread alone has had 1588 hits and 78 responses.

Methinks that this is a "tempest in a teapot."

Personally, I believe that Attorney Holt is not what he says he is; heck, he cannot even spell. He is without a doubt a bored kid who likes to turn gunny folks upon each other. We need none of that.

Steve

Steve, I found her on another site. She is definately seeking information on Mossberg's ATR rifle. As someone who has been to court on several occasion's involving significant damages, my point is simple, we dont know her from ADAM, if Mossberg is at faut the process will take care of itself. But, I get pretty testy with some of the Campfire's "Hollyer than Thou" croud who forget just how important an impact Mossberg has made over the years providing low cost firearms frankly, to those who otherwise would never have been able to have been introduced to the sport of hunting,etc, shooting. Up until this stupid post by
miss rich bitch (probably a democrat) lawyer, I dont recall the world getting blown up by Mossberg. I am very disappointed in so many people ready to trass Mossberg..... We all know their fit and finish is terrible, but they do offer a low cost product.

I'd like little miss rich bitch to put me on the stand so I can trash her knowledge of Mossberg.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No Hi-jack here,....if you think about the simple and straightfoward way a pinned rotary bolt head design works,
( Savage 110, circa 1950s ),....with the action in battery, on a cartridge,.......the PIN takes little or no impact.

I personally LOVE the Savage 110, strong, reliable, accurate.

The PINS are not part of the breaching design, rather suplementary,.....and only for the LOCKING and UNLOCKING the action phase.

If the pins discussed were prone to shear from simple locking / unlocking,......something's really rotten in Denmark.

Let the chips fall where they may.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Aggie Dog
"But, I get pretty testy with some of the Campfire's "Hollyer than Thou" croud who forget just how important an impact Mossberg has made over the years providing low cost firearms frankly, to those who otherwise would never have been able to have been introduced to the sport of hunting,etc, shooting. Up until this stupid post by
miss rich bitch (probably a democrat) lawyer, I dont recall the world getting blown up by Mossberg. I am very disappointed in so many people ready to trass Mossberg..... We all know their fit and finish is terrible, but they do offer a low cost product.

I'd like little miss rich bitch to put me on the stand so I can trash her knowledge of Mossberg."

I guess you missed the part about Mossberg doing all they can to make shooters look like morons through their support of Buck... Or do you support Buck's actions, too?

I doubt Ms Holt needs anyone to trash her knowledge of mossberg... That is not an issue in this case. Your self-importance is really laughable. You are ready to defend Mossberg's lousy reputation for building crap.

I am ready to trash Mossberg because of what they have done. The additional action of building crap that has injured folks is pure bonus...
art

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Cossatotjoe
Look, everyone lay off the attorney. She isn't on here looking for information. I'll bet in year or so she has been on this case she has learned more about that rifle than anyone on this board could possibly know. She could probably draw you the specs from memory.

What she is really doing is beating the bushes for clients. She is hoping someone will say, "Hey, I know someone who got hurt with one of those..." and that the person will contact her. Judge her for that if you want, but everybody has to eat.

Yup, I'd wager that she's been schooled by some expert gunsmiths & knows that rifle inside & out.

She may or may not be looking for more clients, but I believe the reason she posted here is to get an idea of what the defense could possibly throw out there. She did get some pretty good fodder here.

Smart lady.

Oh & the "blow your face off" thing may not be a legal term, but I bet it works in front of a jury.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
She could also be doing a little jury research. Does she want people who own guns on the jury or does she want to strike as many gun owners as she can? What do gun owners think of Mossberg? What will be their reaction to this sort of thing?

The responses she gets to these questions will give her some insight.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Excellent point. Don't know if there's a clear-cut answer for that one.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Art, I am not ready to defend anyone, I made it very clear,. I want to see the facts. Like I stated, the wolfs pounced at the opportunity to trash Mossberg, let's see what the facts are before we all get worked up.

Sent a pm, who's BUCK?

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

311 members (1lesfox, 160user, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 257 mag, 1eyedmule, 32 invisible), 1,589 guests, and 924 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,062
Posts18,463,341
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.