Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Honestly, since the outcome of the presidential election I've been making frequent efforts to add to my ammunition stockpile. I'm with the camp that believes that although I don't know exactly what "Something" is in the works and coming before long in terms of gun control from the Obama administration. I have made efforts to frequent various ammunition suppliers both locally and online and have definitely noticed some of the more common caliber rounds are drying up. I haven't seen a box of range ammo in .45 ACP @ any of 3 different Walmarts now for 4+ weeks. I'm glad I started buying a little at a time when I did. Even if when it does become available again you know that the price is going up quickly because of the rush. It already has to some extent and it's only going to go higher. I'm glad I didn't sell my AR-10 a few years back when I was thinking about it. I made that mistake one with a Colt Combat Commander. Sold a cherry Colt 45 1911 for a mere $300.00. I practically gave it away. Now I see you can't get your hands on one for anything less than 700 or so.

I'm going to get with a buddy of mine that I work with and see if he want's to go in half on purchasing some bulk ammo to help absorb the increased cost. You all should consider doing the samething. I'm sure you all know somebody else that shoots that wouldn't mind saving a bit while adding to their arsenal.

Roach

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kciH
Originally Posted by OldCenterChurch
We are still at the threshold of what could be an even more serious economic disaster and I would be SHOCKED if Obama spent one IOTA of his political clout fighting the NRA and all the staunch gun proponents over such silly pieces of gun legislation that clearly does nothing to curb crime. I think Obama learned a little something from the Clinton Administration concerning that. Love him or hate him, like Clinton, he's a smart man. When I get stressed about our new leadership, I just remind myself that we could have had Hillary!

In regards to reloading components, my local supplier is brimming with with stuff! Powder, primers, bullets aplenty! Not sure what he has as far as brass, but some of the brass makers are as responsible for the shortage as anyone. The seasonal run thing has me pizzed at Winchester sometimes. Anyway, what do I know.....

I don't think it's going to take any political clout to get it done as the majority is large enough. He can "compromise" a little to bring their own in line and it's a done deal. I always thought in a compromise both sides got something, not the case when it comes to decimation of God given rights. Well, we will get something, I suspect it will go something along the lines of a prison shower rape. That is what thugs do when they have power.

I think that there are too many Dems that represent rural areas that will not fall in line as you suspect.

WAR EAGLE!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We are still at the threshold of what could be an even more serious economic disaster and I would be SHOCKED if Obama spent one IOTA of his political clout fighting the NRA and all the staunch gun proponents over such silly pieces of gun legislation that clearly does nothing to curb crime. I think Obama learned a little something from the Clinton Administration concerning that. Love him or hate him, like Clinton, he's a smart man. When I get stressed about our new leadership, I just remind myself that we could have had Hillary!

In regards to reloading components, my local supplier is brimming with with stuff! Powder, primers, bullets aplenty! Not sure what he has as far as brass, but some of the brass makers are as responsible for the shortage as anyone. The seasonal run thing has me pizzed at Winchester sometimes. Anyway, what do I know.....

I don't think it's going to take any political clout to get it done as the majority is large enough. He can "compromise" a little to bring their own in line and it's a done deal. I always thought in a compromise both sides got something, not the case when it comes to decimation of God given rights. Well, we will get something, I suspect it will go something along the lines of a prison shower rape. That is what thugs do when they have power.

I think that there are too many Dems that represent rural areas that will not fall in line as you suspect.

I'd like to believe it.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." TJ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". EB

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
Man, it must suck to be you ... seeing crooked cops behind every badge, imagining anyone has the resources to confiscate, by force, with SWAT teams no less, the 300+ million guns that are in private hands in the US.

You need psychiatric care.
If in your estimation I'm in need of psychiatric care, the Founders must have positively been ready for the rubber room, as their level of suspicion regarding the prospect of standing professional armed forces under the command of agencies of government (ordinarily referred to as soldiers) exceeded even my own.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
LMAO...please follow the shrink's orders as to meds!

The FF's blew people's heads off for taxing their breakfast tea, goofy man. Further, I think the FF's would have knocked you into the lockers listening to your nonsense, as well.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
That's my feeling too, but I'm always reminded that those folks are probably equally against abortion, open borders, foreign aid, the bailouts, etc., yet this fact doesn't seem to effect the voting behavior of their Dem representatives.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I'm sorry, Isaac, old buddy. I used to enjoy debating you, but lately your debate style has deteriorated into simply hurling grade-school level attempts at insults. You're going on my ignore list for a while, joining the ranks of Stan and Hunter. I'll see how it works out taking you off again after a while (because I know you're capable of better). Never too late to grow up and learn to play like the grown ups do.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
You're going on my ignore list for a while.

Thank you. My tolerance for stupid has caught up with me. You having me on ignore will minimize a great deal of the frustration!

Lately, you have been that stupid! But, you'll have to put about 40 others on ignore before you get it!

How about another dinner pic before you go?

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Any of you guys still have case loads of Spam and Creamed Corn left over from the Y2K scare?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by p2tharizo
Any of you guys still have case loads of Spam and Creamed Corn left over from the Y2K scare?
LOL. My two cases of MREs from Y2K just expired this January 1st. Hate to throw them away, but they're not exactly gourmet cuisine so I don't want to eat them. Thought about feeding them to my dog before they expired, but wasn't sure what it would do to his stomach.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by isaac
*** You are ignoring this user ***
Sorry buddy. You're on ignore.

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Gents,

As has been said, some of the ammo shortage may be related the general fear that may have regarding crime. I live in a suburb outside a major western city. My shooting buddy was at a dinner last Saturday night and the county sheriff was there. The sheriff reported that his deputies were having their hands full running off "inner city youth" who were coming out the city and performing burglaries in the county burbs. A few muggings but not too many yet. He apparently came right out and told folks to get their CC permits and start packing as his deputies were having trouble keeping up. It seems the deputies try to spot the "out of place" vehicles and follow them.... looking to pull them over for something...most of the time they just go someplace else which is what he wants.

Had a lady's car "bumped" at a traffic light....early morning...still dark... she pulls over thinking she has just been involved in a fender bender.... guy walks up with a gun... takes the lady's purse and cell phone...and takes off.

I guess the Sheriff also stated that he expected a federal ban on new CC permints and that the ammo tax is coming. My kind of sheriff. He said many folks are buying guns, getting permits and stocking up. Makes sense to me.

Slim

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Tracks
If they come to get me, they will dig me out before I can use up all I have now.
A few aimed rounds will assure the cost of doing so was high grin
Be prepared for an 0400 flash bang, followed by your door being rammed in, followed by a line of SWAT soldiers charging in, weapons covering every corner of your home. When they come for your guns, it will likely be something like that.

Stop will all that talk, Hunter1960 might cream his shorts thinking about it.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Kcih, Let me tell you something you silly SOB, i've spent twenty years protecting rights of Americans in conflicts all over this world as a soldier. I've been a member of the NRA for over thirty years.

My job as an LEO is just that a JOB, not a lifestyle, i've quit agencies because i didn't believe in their concepts and policies and will do it again if need be. You paranoid [bleep] think that your in some jhaid against the US Govt.

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U

WHUT?
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Should you?

William Arthur Ward

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
If they are just stocking up so they can play at their hobby for a few extra months, shame on them.

Here's hoping enough of us have the courage to use our weapons for the purpose the authors of and ratifiers of the Bill of Rights intended, because that is the only thing keeping the politicians from taking away all our rights and liberties.

1B Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If I had to judge by regional availablity here in the shops I regularly cruise and the gun shows I go to, there is no ammo shortage. The crowds are lugging away ammo and the makings at a record rate... and yet there is still more on the shelves. It can't last forever. Something has to give -- the refilling of shelves or the seemingly self-sustaining panic.

Note how many sellers of the products use scare stories to justify their high prices and yet noone seems to question their commercial interest in the panic talk. I have had shop owners say they can't keep up with black rifle demand -- with a whole rack on display right behind them and more coming in the back door!

There are also lots of aluminimum-foil hatters, rascists, and the usual eleven fingered crowd who seem to be driving the process too. They are armed to the teeth and not only digging in to fight the UN paratroopers -- they are aggressive and not particularly into law and order either.

Hell, I even joined the crowd buying a Mini 14 ranch rifle in 6.8 rather than weld bayonet studs onto my Ruger #1s... But I'm not sure it will ever get used, except on a deer maybe... or on some green-toothed moron acting out his Gotterdamerung fantasy.

As we used to say in the Army 40 years ago, "---ing Americans".

1B

Last edited by 1B; 01/30/09.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
That's some good reading right there. Especially the part about what good is a handgun against an army. Thanks for posting it.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
SWAT teams!

[Linked Image]

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Hawkeye,

In all fairness, I should tell you that although I do not share your level of paranoia/fear of the government taking my firearms...

I'm not giving them up!

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

714 members (12344mag, 160user, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 65 invisible), 2,727 guests, and 1,164 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,152
Posts18,465,058
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.