Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#284536 04/20/04
Ranch13 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
The local shop has an EMF sharps used, it looks to be in good condition and has the target sights. At 600 the price seems high but I think some dealing could be done.
Are those rifles anygood? I've been thinking I'ld like to try the BPCR but don't want to invest a whole bunch in it untill I figure out if I like it or not.
What say you?

the most expensive bullet there is isn't worth a plug nickel if it don't go where its supposed to.
www.historicshooting.com
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've never seen anyone shoot an EMF in a BPCR match. I have however, been beaten by many a Pedersoli. In my opinion you wouldn't actually be trying BPCR with the EMF. There are Pedersolis available used and I think would make a much better rifle. They tend to hold their value if you decide to sell it later.

S

No words of mine can hope to convey to you the ringing joy and hope embodied in that spontaneous yell: �The Americans are coming; at last they are coming!�

I hadn�t the heart to disillusion them.

John "Pondoro" Taylor
Africa 1955
Ranch13 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Guess I'll keep looking. Thanks for the input.

the most expensive bullet there is isn't worth a plug nickel if it don't go where its supposed to.
www.historicshooting.com
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I agree with SharpsShooter. I have talked with a top single shot gunsmith who says that Pedersolis are the best of the imports. The company seems to be trying hard to put out a quality product, including the barrel which is the key to rifle accuracy. They claim to have a special process that produces accurate barrels. Lots of companies produce "cool" looking replicas, but it takes more to be a shooter. You do see them on the line in competition. You can get good deals on Pedersolis, although the prices went up considerably this year. Oh yeah, I bought a Pedersoli Sharps .45-70.

Paul

Ranch13 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Apparently some Emfs are made by pedersoli, and some not. Next time I get to town I'm going to take a closer look.

www.historicshooting.com
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
When I was studying-up and shopping for my BPCR I learned that Pedersoli does make rifles for other brands. However, the fit and finish on the ones I saw and handled was below the regular Pedersoli standard, as they were manufacturing product to a certain, lower, price point. Would this have made them lesser shooters? Don't know, as I didn't want to find out.

I got my Pedersoli from Dixie Gun Works and I understand that the ones offered by Cabelas and Navy Arms are also of the standard Pedersoli quality.
Get a Pedersoli from one of the above and you will be well pleased.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubt" Bertrand Russell

Ranch13 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
If I 'm remembering correct it was the Hartford model. I may get to town this week I'll take a closer look at it if it its still there.

www.historicshooting.com

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

665 members (10ring1, 1234, 19rabbit52, 1badf350, 007FJ, 12344mag, 59 invisible), 2,721 guests, and 1,304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,694
Posts18,456,642
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.