Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Lee24
For mouse guns, I shoot the pure military stuff.
Can't help you with the goofy guns. I think they are neat to look at - kind of remind me of my Anschutz free rifles.

Well, there's tumbling Tumbleweeds,

and tumbling Horsechit,

it is indeed strange, the "Vortex" effect of a thread like this one, though.

Not to be confused ( Ahem ) with the "Jet Effect".

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by RDFinn
Kevin, not an engineer, a consulting engineer..................

Lee's resume

- I am a consulting engineer who develops, among other things, weapons systems, from hunting rifles to attack helicopters, as well as composite armor to defeat it, from the 9mm handgun to 155mm sabot round.

- I am a mechanical engineer, designing robotics, but also have engineered skyscrapers (mechanical, electrical, plumbing, site drainage, etc), ponds, dams, small bridges, as well as medical devices, computers, cell phones, firearms, tools, farm machinery, military aircraft and automobile components, chemical and polymer plants, and a wide array of other retail products and manufacturing process development. I have worked in 32 states, as well as overseas.

- As for my engineering degree, I have several, as well as PhD courses in specific areas related to projects, at Georgia Tech, Clemson, USC, and JPL. Since you are a pilot, I was a consultant on composites and airframes manufacturing of most of commercial and military jets, and few helicopters back in the early to mid 1980s. Current projects include development of the next generation of lightweight personnel, vehicle and aircraft armor. - my 45 years of hunting, competition shooting and firearms engineering.

- The 600,000 rounds I have fired in competition and practice

- I included the 45 years of hunting and 400,000 handgun rounds in there.

- I just renewed my hunting license for the 40th year.

- I grew up on a cattle ranch, and had spent 1,000 nights under the stars before I was 21.

- I grew up in the hardwood business, providing veneer grade walnut and oak to the furniture industry. I have been building furniture and gunstocks as a hobby for 35 years.
- I have a shop full of all sorts of walnut, some of it air drying for over 20 years. Having designed 3, 4 and 5-axis CNC machines for woodworking, I have had the opportunity to see and cut a lot of woods.

- BTY, the National Geographic Channel had a 3-part series on one of my projects just recently. We are still adding to it.

This kid has some imagination.............

How do you know it isn't factual?? Just curious---since we're all supposedly devoted to logic.

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There is always something new to learn on the 'fire.

It takes full day to google how an A-5 works.

Practical experience has taught me it takes an afternoon to pick up all the pieces from disassembly and put in a 5 gallon bucket.

It takes another month to get them back from the 'smith. In the form of a functional A-5. IF he likes you.

Once again, internet learning trumps real life.

Who knew?

GE

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by RobJordan
Originally Posted by RDFinn
Kevin, not an engineer, a consulting engineer..................

Lee's resume

- I am a consulting engineer who develops, among other things, weapons systems, from hunting rifles to attack helicopters, as well as composite armor to defeat it, from the 9mm handgun to 155mm sabot round.

- I am a mechanical engineer, designing robotics, but also have engineered skyscrapers (mechanical, electrical, plumbing, site drainage, etc), ponds, dams, small bridges, as well as medical devices, computers, cell phones, firearms, tools, farm machinery, military aircraft and automobile components, chemical and polymer plants, and a wide array of other retail products and manufacturing process development. I have worked in 32 states, as well as overseas.

- As for my engineering degree, I have several, as well as PhD courses in specific areas related to projects, at Georgia Tech, Clemson, USC, and JPL. Since you are a pilot, I was a consultant on composites and airframes manufacturing of most of commercial and military jets, and few helicopters back in the early to mid 1980s. Current projects include development of the next generation of lightweight personnel, vehicle and aircraft armor. - my 45 years of hunting, competition shooting and firearms engineering.

- The 600,000 rounds I have fired in competition and practice

- I included the 45 years of hunting and 400,000 handgun rounds in there.

- I just renewed my hunting license for the 40th year.

- I grew up on a cattle ranch, and had spent 1,000 nights under the stars before I was 21.

- I grew up in the hardwood business, providing veneer grade walnut and oak to the furniture industry. I have been building furniture and gunstocks as a hobby for 35 years.
- I have a shop full of all sorts of walnut, some of it air drying for over 20 years. Having designed 3, 4 and 5-axis CNC machines for woodworking, I have had the opportunity to see and cut a lot of woods.

- BTY, the National Geographic Channel had a 3-part series on one of my projects just recently. We are still adding to it.

This kid has some imagination.............

How do you know it isn't factual?? Just curious---since we're all supposedly devoted to logic.

The lack of a single photo.

That's how we know.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
How many of those "1000 nights" did he pee the bed?

I personally was 35 years old before I figured out [bleep] and engineer was actually 2 words

This guy is off the chain I read that whole thread and I want my 20 min. back!

Goodnight Chesty Puller... Wherever you are.
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Maybe he's one of those child prodigies??? You know, several college degrees by age 10, nominated for a Nobel prize by age 12. Thats gotta be it! I guessed it didn't I?

Go on Lee24, tell everybody I nailed it....don't be bashful... you little genius child prodigy you.

U
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
U
I showed my wife this thread.Being the money manager she is and also knowing how I am quite fond of the new M 70's she told me this.When LEE post the picture of the 375 I can buy one.HURRY UP LEE!!!!

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by usmc03
she told me this.When LEE post the picture of the 375 I can buy one.

Now that's just cruel.

U
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
U
Even though my wife knows nothing about guns or jet propulsion she can smell BS a mile away.And has the lack of pitty not to hold it against me.

Last edited by usmc03; 03/30/09.
U
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
U
RufusG

Thank God I would rather beg forgivness than ask permission.

IC B3

GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
For all of you who are following this thread, or read it from the first page; my apologies.

If you look at the very first post, I actually asked everyone to stay out of the debate. If it worked as I intended, we'd be less than one page.

Come on Lee24, I'll debate you if you want to debate. However, if you don't stick to the subject, it's back to ignore with you and I'm outta here.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by the_shootist
Sure, Terry, but do you know how to Google up the jet force thingy? That's what really counts.

I only owned one A5 back in the early 70's and Kevin hit the nail on the head on operation.

I am sorry, that one escaped me try as I might. I would rather google pictures of cute cats anyway!

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Sure, an EMT knows more about how firearms work than an engineer who has designed firearms. If you believe that, it is only because you don't understand firearms, either.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Sure, an EMT knows more about how firearms work than an engineer who has designed firearms. If you believe that, it is only because you don't understand firearms, either. I am sure you can take some apart, clean them, and reassemble them so they function, but it ends there.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by peepsight3006
Until O'bambam or some other damn fool repeals Newton's 3rd law of motion, I'm perfectly content with my understanding of recoil, and the forces which contribute to it, including blow back and gas piston operated weapons. So there. smile

Wayne

Yep works for me. I love self-directed learners.
Knowledge acquired and used to put people in "their place" or assume a "higher class", is really wasted and abused. I've met a few folks, who had nothing in their lives that ever really contributed to the "higher good." Oh they were smart and educated, but they used their smarts to demean others. After awhile, they were just sorrowfully pitiful to watch, because one knew they had nothing left to anchor themselves to the world but one upmanship.

Last edited by bearmgc; 03/31/09.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Walter Mitty lives!

On the other hand. What little I have done in my life of 67 years pales by comparison. And I have done a lot compared to many of my peers but a lot of it was "part time" while I was busy bringing a full time paycheck home.

In reality I have been: A Deputy Sheriff (BA in Criminal Justice) cross trained as a paramedic (AD in Applied health sciences para medicine) 26 years and volunteer firefighter & did gunsmithing weekends and nights in my own shop. Son & I drove over the road truck for 4 years. Quitting that I opened a gun shop which I ran for 5 years and then went back to just gunsmithing at my home shop which I still do. I work for three area shops. I am still a volunteer at the Sheriff's Dept. as an armorer plus assisting in firearms training and assistant to the district commander in logistics, planning and disaster preparedness for the district deputies plus just being a go-fer when needed. I have attended and graduated from: Glock, Sig, Colt & Smith and Wesson armorers courses through the years. I shoot Cowboy Action matches 1 or 2 times a month locally. I have been used as an expert witness on firearms & ballistics by a couple of local attorney's. That has been a pretty full plate but I also owned and operated a tow truck company while working full time at the Sheriff's Dept. hiring off duty Deputies & firefighters to run the trucks.

The first 6 years of my adult life (starting at 18) was spent in the U.S. Army as a 95 Bravo and was an assistant armorer in the 204th MP Co. arms room, did a short stint with an M-60 in sunny S.E. Asia with the 1st Cav. (Airmobile) returned to the 204th and was Honorably discharged.

I have been married to the same wonderful gal that was my high school sweetheart for 45 years and and have two GREAT adult children and 3 Grandsons from 3 years to 18 years of age.

I do wish I had the time for all them degrees but there is only 24 hours in a day and I just gotta sleep sometime!

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
What a wonderful journey T Lee! And I truly admire you, especially your being married to the same gal for 45 years!

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I don't doubt you did all that T_LEE, but you can be an armorer without understanding the finer points of how a Glock or M-60 really works. In other works, you might not be able to design one, and calculate the size of the gas ports, length of gas tubes, and design the springs, based on the mass of the bolt and other moving parts, calculus and iterative computational methods.

I have friends who are fighter pilots and commercial pilots, and have known a lot of fine aircraft mechanics. The pilots can fly the planes, and know a lot about how they work, but not enough to repair one, much less design one. And most of mechanics and engineers cannot fly F-16s or their other aircraft, either.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Lee24, you are one pitiful person. Is that how you converse with regular people? Read back what you just wrote and tell me what WAS the purpose of your post? Certainly not to communicate....

Walter Mitty maybe, but with contemptuous arrogance.

Last edited by bearmgc; 03/31/09.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Did I say something that was not true?
Of course not.
I just stated the facts that some of you don't want to face.

Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

710 members (160user, 1936M71, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 163dm, 16Racing, 71 invisible), 3,096 guests, and 1,372 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,582
Posts18,454,167
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.