Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
RickBin Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Hi Folks:

Well, I guess the cat is out of the bag now. grin

I'd like to personally welcome Dana Gleason to the Campfire! As many of you may know, Dana founded Dana Designs, one of the premier backpack manufacturers in the world. Full disclosure: Most of my backpacks, some of which pre-date the Campfire, are Danas. His Terraplane design was for many years considered the Holy Grail of internals. I am absolutely and unabashedly biased.

Dana is also responsible for the Loadmaster series of external-frame backpacks, which are still considered by many to be the best external frame pack ever made (I own two versions).

Currently, Dana is the founder and owner of Mystery Ranch, out of Bozeman, MT. Anybody who has even superficially perused the backpack forum knows how highly Mystery Ranch packs, and the NICE Crew Cab in particular, are thought of by cognoscenti. (I own a NICE Crew Cab, and a 6500 bag as well grin).

Bottom line: if there is a guru in the world of backpacking, Dana Gleason is it. I am extremely proud to have him aboard, and I hope you welcome him in the manner he deserves.

Welcome Dana!

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
BP-B2

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Not only do you get some of the backpack experts (MysteryRanch) on here, assisting and answering every question under the sun, the big guy himself is contributing! About the only thing better than that, is the service you get in person if you ever visit the Mystery Ranch factory in Bozeman. Or better yet, the lack of pain and frustration involved with using gear that doesn't cut it.

I bought my first Dana pack in 95, an AstraPlane Overkill - a great pack. Since then, I've tried to arm myself with many of the innovations they consistantly produce. Awesome stuff from great folks - no doubt!

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
+ one zillon. My wife calls Dana the "legend" smile

"It's my main love for all things Ackley. Plus the dude was cool before cool was cool."

SH08
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Sooooo, is there going to be any special deals for us around the campfire?

K
K
I met Dana at the Western Hunting Show in SLC this past January and had a chance to get a close up look at the new packs - some really cool stuff and very well thought out. Of course, anyone that knew Dana Designs or Dana himself wouldn't expect anything less than solid in the Mystery Ranch packs.

Plus the crew of guys he's got with him are top shelf.

IC B2

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
I will second and third the welcomes. I have never met Dana, but he has met many of my presidential friend$$$$$$$ and I was glad to hand them over for his products and the great customer service that comes with everything they produce.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This is great! Glad to have him aboard!

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
welcome aboard Dana

I don't always venture out into the sub-freezing darkness, but when I do, it is deer hunting season, and I carry a Remington. Stay hungry my friends.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
yo

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Welcome to Dana, looking forward to your posts and advice.

Kudos to Rick, keeping this site the best and a step or three in front of the rest.

--Mike

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B3

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
The BPing forum of 24hr is bar none the best source for all things mountain hunting. This just strengthens that. I assume Dana is "MysteryRanch" that has been posting?

Nice to see such an authority giving 24hr its due.

Thank you Dana!

"It has been my experience that those who shoot most often, most often shoot well." T. Roosevelt
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've known Dana and Renee since I bought my first daypack and fannypack from them back when their business name was "Kletterworks".I still use those packs for hunting and I use a newer (relativly speaking) Dana Design Alpine for backpacking. Dana and Renee are good people and make one heck of a pack.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
NimrodRx~

My name is Mark Seacat. I am the Marketing/Public Relations Director here at Mystery Ranch. I specialize in the Hunting Packs market for us here in Bozeman and post on 24hour Campfire under the handle "Mystery Ranch".

Feel free to ask me any questions you have regarding our entire pack line. You can private message me here, but for best results and faster service.... please email me at work.

markseacatmysteryranch.com

Dana's mantra to me about our backpack designs has always been, "We don't make packs for the people who only dream about using the gear, we make packs for the people who actually do use it."

I'm stoked Dana will be posting here periodically. We've been very impressed with every individual we've connected with through the campfire and are excited to be onboard!

Mystery Ranch Backpacks
Bozeman Montana USA
www.mysteryranch.com
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I'm excited to see Dana here, My 1st Dana pack was about 90-91 Archflex terreplane, I still use it but its in BAD shape. I've tried others but always go back.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Welcome Dana!

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Well cool.......my Dana Designs Astraplane has always been one of my fav pieces of hunting equipment--albeit a bit ragged these days. I wonder if he'll give me a killer deal on a Mystery Ranch pack? grin

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kenaiking
+ one zillon. My wife calls Dana the "legend" smile

There's only one of me so I can only give a +1. My wife calls Dana "who?". I'm still trying to educate her.

I've never, ever, experienced customer service that can exceed that I receive when I'm at Mystery Ranch in Bozeman. An example to be emulated.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Welcome to the 'Fire and especially, the Back Pack Forum!!

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Very cool, I too am a big fan of My Dana Pack. It's the Terraplane purchased in Athens GA. back in 95. It still feels as great as ever. Course I don't use it like I did back then. It's not the pack that has too many miles on it.

Welcome!

Proverbs
- A wise man feareth, and departs from evil: but the fool rages, in confidence.
- It is honor for a man to cease from strife: but every fool will meddle.
- Mischief is as sport to a fool: but a man of understanding hath wisdom.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
SO, anyone mind if I ask a question of Dana?

What pack would you take on a 50 mile hike over relatively flat land with a troop of 5 boy scouts?

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
690 members (10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12308300, 007FJ, 160user, 10Glocks, 83 invisible), 2,758 guests, and 1,301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,637
Posts18,398,939
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.