Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
eh76 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Report: Climate Provision Would Allow Global Warming 'Victims' to Sue

The Washington Times reports that a provision in a bill authored by Democratic Reps. Henry Waxman of California and Edward Markey of Massachusetts would allow global warming victims to sue.

An under-the-radar provision in a House climate bill would give plaintiffs who claim to be victims of global warming a way to sue the federal government or businesses, according to a report Friday in The Washington Times.

The Times reported that Democratic Reps. Henry Waxman of California and Edward Markey of Massachusetts added it into a bill they authored.

The provision, which was just released, reportedly would set grounds for plaintiffs who has "suffered" or expect to suffer "harm" attributable at least in part to government inaction. The provision defines "harm" as "any effect of air pollution (including climate change)," according to the Times. Plaintiffs could seek up to $75,000 in damages a year from the government, with $1.5 million being the maximum total payout.
The Times reported that Waxman is trying to accelerate passage for the bill through his committee, as the Senate begins drafting its own version.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/200...vision-allow-global-warming-victims-sue/

They are whacked and criminal!

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
BP-B2

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
It will get overturned at the FED level or the USSC as unconstitutionally vague and ambiguous. Can't imagine how a plaintiff could ever satisfy the burdens of proof, or damages for that absurd cause of action.

A dem feel good law which is only gonna benefit the most whacky lawyers whowould consider litigating a plaintiff's case.

Last edited by isaac; 04/11/09.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yeah but I wanna sue Al Gore for his house using so much energy. Seriously if they are giving us the tools to be a PITA how come we aren't using them?

Me

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
The mere mention of the name Al Gore elicits a very uncomfortable response from me! Most likely, they will use this to extort money out of corporations. JMHO

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I know what the intent is but there is nothing there that says "we" can't use it right back against the morons spouting this crap. Either we can start playing with all 11 guys on the field or we can continue to put out a punter, long snapper and 3rd string tight end and - well lose.

Me

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Markey and Waxman. Thats all you need to know.

Sam......

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Those politicians must have out of work nephew lawyers that found a new extorsion racket to set up.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
ALL OF THEM ARE BLOOMING IDIOTS.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
If Al Gored don't fix global warming soon, we all gonna freeze to death!

Ulta-left wackos like Waxman, Obamma, et al, really hope to end the captalistic system as we know it. What they seek is total government control of all societies by the ruling elitists like themselves. Doing so requires that they first destroy the present basis of society with its expansive personal liberties and have the people looking to gov. for provision and guidance in all things. The present "Stimulus" effort is clearly NOT meant to sitimulate the private sector, it's meant to destroy private wealth and then force us to accept dependance on and control by an all powerful government.

Waxman's plan will allow frivilous but expensive law suits from well funded liberal (Democrat) groups against current power centers. They would/will focus on the destruction of the foundations of civilization, ie, all aspects of energy access, production and use. Without easy access and relitively inexpensive energy, especially electricty, we would be suddenly living like we did in 1875. Or actually worse in many respects, because we would not have steam power nor a rail system either. Food production and distrubution would be controlled by government with access to power where they wish.

Government of course would NOT be deprived of its power, elecrical, gasoline or otherwise, so THEY would have total domination of the masses. All for our own good, of course. And for the children.

Ah, well...we all get the government a slight majority of us deserve. I live in NC, can't vote Waxman out and his type people won't.

Last edited by boomtube; 04/11/09.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Let's see, the federal government has on several occasions blocked American POWs from suing the firms that aided in starving, beating, and mal treatment but want to allow suing for damgages of global warming.

The inmates are truely running the asylum.

IC B3

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
These people really need removed from congress.....

I thought I was going to see a picture of all of them. grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No, boys, this is book chapter and verse from the Greenie playbook. Under environmental laws, and the equal access to justice act, not only can people sue, but get their lawyers' fees paid even when they lose every count except one. And CONGRESS DID WRITE THOSE LAWS, and CONGRESS WILL WRITE THEM AGAIN IF RETRIBUTION AT THE BALLOT BOX IS NOT FORTHCOMING>

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I think a blanket removal of all democraps and about 25% of repubicans would do us all good. jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
If Congressmen had to pass a civics exam or even the test folks take to obtain citizenship status to remain in office, we'd lose about 65% across both aisles.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Is it just me or does Henry Waxman look like a wharf rat?

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jorgeI
I think a blanket removal of all democraps and about 25% of repubicans would do us all good. jorge

AMEN!

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

eh76 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jorgeI

jorge,

I don't know if 25% of the RINO's is enough......

Keith

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Ok, let's go "whole hog" and go for 50%. If we cull some good ones, we'll just have to find better ones...:) jorge

PS: start with the ugly broads first.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
721 members (10gaugemag, 02bfishn, 12308300, 11point, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 87 invisible), 2,727 guests, and 1,289 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,698
Posts18,399,950
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.