Print Thread
Hop To
H
hotsoup Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
seems they were all over the place a couple years ago, yet i never see their name mentioned these days. are they still out there?

GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
They still have a website running although Taulmann is not mentioned. I think they had a boatload of legal problems if I am not mistaken

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
One of the things they might have gotten in trouble for was scouting by airplane. They admitted doing it in their brochure. Also did you ever see all of the wallhangers killed by old geezers hunting with them on (supposedly) public land? Something wasn't right there.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
They are still out there, helping sportsmen. (Ducks quickly to avoid the tomatoes...)(:

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Last time I drove by their headquarters up north of Reserve, the place was occupied, flags were flying and the usual numbers of horse trailers, etc. were still in evidence. Don't quite remember what happened to Taulman--he either pleaded out or was found guilty. Either way, he's supposed to be banned from guiding/outfitting, as I recall.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
IC B2

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Who cares...

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Cuius est solum, eius est usque ad caelum et ad inferos
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I didn't know that Taulman finally got busted!!! That is GREAT NEWS!

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
What'd he get busted for?

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
They're still in business.
http://www.huntuso.com/

The only lawsuit I'm aware of was brought by USO against the state of Arizona in 2005. The suit claimed that AZ was discriminating against non-resident hunters by not allowing equal tag numbers.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Taulman is still listed on the 2009 brochure!

Kevin Haile
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
They still have a website running although Taulmann is not mentioned. I think they had a boatload of legal problems if I am not mistaken

I keep hoping the legal fees from all the lawsuits they keep filing will bleed them dry........

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I was seriously hoping they went out of business.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by SU35
I was seriously hoping they went out of business.

Me too, they were caught pulling crap on a hunt in my area.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
they were caught pulling crap on a hunt in my area.

Show me an outfitter who hasn't in any area.

They are all hunt-sluts that pollute our sport.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
From what I was told. They filed that lawsuit against Arizona and won. Then after the win, they filed lawsuits against 9 other western states.
The only part I can say is true, was the Arizona win. Then a few years later the courts or maybe Bush reversed it and the Arizona draw system went back to normal.
I did see one of the USO guys in Naco AZ/Sonora one day and I think it was Taulmann. He was taking a chute plan if I am not mistaken down to Sonora for a mule deer hunt. The person mentioned they had one down there already and it was a great tool. Said on one of the hunts a client took a 240 something.
I brought up the Arizona thing and he said Arizona was unfair yadda yadda yadda. We all know it was about money not the hunter rights. They got a good amount of money from the suit if I am not mistaken.
I also heard that Foxworthy drew an AZ elk tag and gave it back along with some other clients of theirs due to how they drew the tag. Ture or not I am not sure. Just rumors.
But the lawsuit and meeting them in Naco is true.

Kique

Enrique O. Ramirez
CLAN OF THE BORDER RATS - Member

"..faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see.." Hebrews 11:1
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Two of my buddies in the OK Panhandle were hired by USO as guides due to their contacts in SW Kansas for huge whitetails. These two were largely responsible for USO entering the area (this has been 7-8 years ago). Lo and behold after a couple of years of this arrangement USO went around my two buddies, straight to the landowners (there were LO tags then), and told my buds they were no longer needed. Since then I have lost all respect for USO.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I guess that's why I stopped outfitting.
too many lies, too many competitors.
I was too honest, tried to do it the honest way always told the truth to the best of my knowledge and never burned anyone that I know of. Based on that my competitors got more business and I got screwed in the end.
I too have lost respect for outfitters and their greedy ways. Your story of the USO and your two buddies remind me why I am glad I no longer outfit. But it makes me second guess the whole just guiding thing.

Kique

Enrique O. Ramirez
CLAN OF THE BORDER RATS - Member

"..faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see.." Hebrews 11:1
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Kique,
I think that Foxworthy did not use his tag since the contract to use their booking service requires them to use USO as guides/outfitters also.

Didn't Jim Zumbo also return an AZ elk tag? I do not recall the circumstances though.

Doug~RR

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (160user, 11point, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 1eyedmule, 54 invisible), 2,987 guests, and 1,247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,352
Posts18,468,867
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.