Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I have a Tikka T3 Lite that I plan on swapping the OEM rings out before hunting season. I haven't had any problems with them yet, but it seems enough folks have that a swap is probably good insurance.

My orignial plan was to get a set of Talleys and call it good, but while doing research on them I discovered that the Talleys come with separate bases. I also discovered that the Warne rings clamp directly onto the receiver like the Tikka OEM rings do which is the simplicity I was looking for.

Does anyone have any experiences with Warne rings on the Tikka? Good? Bad? Indifferent?

How much higher in practical terms do the Warne medium rings position the scope compared to the Tikka OEM rings?

Thanks for your input and expertise.

Last edited by stevelyn; 05/20/09.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
BP-B2

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Warne rings on the Tikka is the BEST thing since sliced bread. The OEM rings are garbage PLEASE don't use them they're a waste of time. I told my brother this and he used them(OEM) anyway and wished he hadn't being that he stripped the little cheap allen screws out on them. Like I said earlier the Warnes are the way to go. Good ring at a cheap price!

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I like the Warnes on my CZ 9.3X62 really well, but I also like the original Tikka rings with my T3. The trick is to not over torque them (see JB's article in American Riflemen).

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have Sako rings on my 695 Tikka and they seem to be really nice. Maybe they don't make them for the newer rifles.

`Bring Enough Gun`
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I bought Warne QDs for my CZ550 .458 Wunchester.The first set was an older design,and were horrible.Warne replaced them with the newer design at no cost,plus I bought a second set.
Had two scopes mounted and sighted in for my trip to Tanzania for Cape Buffalo.....they worked exactly as they were supposed to.Total of about 320 rounds fired in practice,on safari,and after I returned home.Both scopes have been removed and remounted,everything has stayed in line as advertised.

IC B2

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I had the warne rings installed on my T3 at time of purchase at the recommendation of the store. The warne rings are much stronger and solid. No problems whatsoever with mine over the last 7 years. Pretty much an install and forget kind of thing. I can recommend the Warne rings for the Tikka without reservation.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Warne rings are like Leupold scopes, Toyota trucks, and the ever reliable 30.06. None are glamorous, but they all work! Must be why I drive a Toyota pick up and have Warne rings on my 30.06. wink

Is it Friday yet?
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I have Warne Rings on my Tikka & they work well. I use the QD style on most of my rifles & install a lot of them on friends rifles. I like the rings very much. Are they better than any other set of rings? I have no idea & really don't care.

Life Members SCI & NRA. NRA Instructor & RSO. What have YOU done to support hunting & gun rights?
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
For anyone using Warne rings I recommend buying Warne's torque driver that is preset for the correct tightness. It's only about $20.00 and it really makes installing the rings quicker and gives me confidence that the screws are properly tightened.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by husqvarna
I like the Warnes on my CZ 9.3X62 really well, but I also like the original Tikka rings with my T3. The trick is to not over torque them (see JB's article in American Riflemen).
The problem is not over torquing them it's the removel of the rings that give one problems. They just don't work for me and mine.

IC B3

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I have used Burris bases and Signature Rings, Talley Lightweights, Warne, and the supplied Tikka mounts. All have worked satisfactory for me. The Tikka's or Talley's are definitely the lightest. The Burris set up gives the advantage of the Signature rings but the potential issue (or benefit?) of a windage base. The Warne are probably the heaviest of the lot (mine are 30mm), but also rock solid. If weight is not an issue, the Warnes should not disapppoint.

Nice to know a torque driver is available for the Warnes. I may need one when it comes time to replace the factory Tikka's on one of my rifles before this season.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Looks like everyone has had the same problem with the Tikka rings that I had.They may hold a really light scope but not a Nikon 6.5-20x44.The Warne steel rings cured the problem.I am not a fan of the way they go on (pain in azz).But they do work real well

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thanks guys for the input. I take it the the Warnes clamp directly onto the receiver like the Tikka OEM rings. Correct?

Z
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
That's correct the frt Warne should have a recoil stud that goes in the little whole on top of the receiver.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Cool. Thanks. Warne it is then.

Z
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
TenFo wink

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Dont forget about the DNZ base and rings. One piece and super solid with no alignment issues ever.

Hunt hard, kill clean, waste nothing and offer no apologies.

"In rifle work, group size is of some interest...but it is well to remember that a rifleman does not shoot groups, he shoots shots." Jeff Cooper

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Talley one piece alloy's work awsome on the T3.

Hard to find anything better.

Spot

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
I have Talley's on my T3 30.06, they have been reliable. I put Dednutz DNZ on my new T3 in .223 and they are the perfect fit. They also sit lower than the Talley lows.

DNZ for me from now on.

Last edited by BeanMan; 05/22/09.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Happy
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I'm different.....I prefer the Leo two pc turn in base system (#54447) then I turn a pair of med matte Burris Signature rings into them....the plastic insert leave no ring marks and are very scope friendly...I mounted a set of OEM Tikka rings once...for five minutes...they look like sheeet...cheaply made.......why bother...I just toss 'em....

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
717 members (12308300, 160user, 11point, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 91 invisible), 2,707 guests, and 1,300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,696
Posts18,399,917
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.