Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
A sharp rock and a slip or misstep can ruin any leather boot regardless of seams. And that can happen to anyone. BTDT.

MtnHtr

BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
good luck with your HanWags Rick, hope they're the grail for you.

welcome Lathrop and Sons, tis always good to have knowledgable folk aboard, and that they make a great product only enhances their participation.

betcha sell a few boots to these hombres

already have mine, tks to VerninAK

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
L
L
Hey guys! We are happy to be a sponsor on 24hourcampfire, which we know is a very informative and accurate source of information.

Anybody who has any questions or concerns about the products and services that we offer please feel free to post here or contact us at our office. Don't hold back...we'll answer any and all questions you may have.

Once again, we are happy to be onboard!

Lathrop & Sons
Custom Boot Systems with Bite!

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Glad to see you on board. I've yet to get a pair, but will someday. I've talked to Steve quite a bit and respect their knowledge on boots and feet. I had to tell him which direction a turkey comes off a roost to get additional information, but it was worth it, lol...zale

"Mark the birds and handle your Dog"
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
This is awesome!

I can't wait to buy some $286.75 tennis shoes!

Oh baby.

LOL!

IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Just saw this. I want to say that these fellows are a class act. I bought two pair of thier boots with custom foot beds in 2005(for my pardner and myself) for my Dall sheep hunt in AK. and I can say, I don't think I could have done it without them.

Great boot and great folks to deal with. Welcome aboard!

Kennon

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I am glad that they are on the campfire as well. They are awesome boots and I look forward to using them this fall.
They have a lot of bang for the buck.

Many people wonder why their system is more expensive. I have heard that Lathrop and Sons are a father/son podiatrist team that likes hunting and their system includes custom insoles that are fitted to your feet. Their prices are less than having to do this on your own.

I hope that more people realize that the Germans have this hiearchy of boot quality. 1) Hanwag, 2) Lowa, 3) Meindl.

Sincerely,
Thomas

L
L
First off, thanks to all for the kind words.

Shag,

I would recommend the Alaska GTX based upon the limited amount of info I have about your hunt. I am always more confident in snow with a fully leather boot protecting me from moisture.

tuff,

We offer a 100% guarantee for fit to all who choose the Silver or Gold Packages. We will work to fit each customer perfectly through various modifications. As for defectiveness and craftmanship, we offer a one year repair or replacement warranty and pro-rate beyond that timeline. For the record, we have had less than 10 pairs of boots returned for defectiveness in the years that we have been selling Hanwag boots. I commend the Germans on their strict attention to the most mundane detail for this track record.

Keep the questions coming,

Dusty Nethery
Lathrop & Sons Ltd.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Glad to see the Lathrop crew here! I used a pair of the footbeds/Meindl Island Pros for 4 hard years! Great stuff. I went a bit of a different direction with my last boot purchase, but will be going back to Lathrop for the next. Besides, they helped me fix this: laugh
[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ouch!!

"It's my main love for all things Ackley. Plus the dude was cool before cool was cool."

SH08
IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I truly hate that pic!!! OUCH! grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
GREAT!!! Just when I had myself talked into some Russels .... back to the drawing board!!

George
Associate Gypsy
Order of Sleepless Knights

Originally Posted by GOD
... That is when I carried you ...
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
G-D it...just when I think I've seen that pic for the LAST time, he throws it up again....

Knock it off allready!

...lol...

RickBin Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
My gosh, get you some moleskin and lose the camera, please. Gak. wink

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Sorry guys, but I just want the L&S crew to know how much they helped me out!!

Rick- Moleskin? I use duct tape... wink

L
L
Although it is a success story that picture always makes me consider skipping my next meal or two.

Thanks anyhow, Pointer.

Dusty

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Sorry about that... wink I will say that I NEVER got a blister in the Meindl Island Pro's + footbeds I bought from you guys.

L
L
Hello all.

Recently we have been receiving a lot of questions concerning our High Country footbeds. Most to the effect of "what makes them special?" and "what makes them better/different than Dr. Scholl's or Superfeet?". In the following paragraphs I'd like to address these and hopefully any other questions somebody may have.

We utilize a patented visco elastic polymer that has been tested and proven in the medical field for many years. We have been using this material in our office for wound care and blister prevention for many years with great success.

A further case for the effectiveness of this material is that the inventor used it to heal a chronic ulcer on an adult ELEPHANT foot at his local zoo. No joke. That is some serious shock absorbtion, wouldn't you say?

We have taken this material and furthered the effectiveness with the design of our newly engineered molds. We worked closely with Extreme Tool's Nelson Sommefeldt and Mike Zacharias, both of whom are outdoorsmen, to create the best and most effective insole design available. We are now excited to offer this new design to our customers for 2009. [img][IMG]http://i643.photobucket.com/albums/uu158/Stephen_M_Lathrop/nelson_design_pic-1.jpg[/img][/img]

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Lathrop_and_Sons
... Extreme Tool's Nelson Sommefeldt and Mike Zacharias, both of whom are outdoorsmen, to create the best and most effective insole design available.

Small World and good to hear. Extreme tool is located in Wakefield, Michigan which is just a few miles down the road from where I live. I know several of their employees.

L
L
bluffview,

Small world indeed. Great guys all around and a pleasure to conduct business with.

Dusty

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
611 members (219 Wasp, 2003and2013, 007FJ, 160user, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 61 invisible), 2,498 guests, and 1,132 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,599
Posts18,398,245
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.