Last night at our bi-weekly Tuesday Night .22LR gathering (plinking) I think we converted the lot to shooting long range .22... My son and I usually get to the range early and set up the .22 metal swingers at 25 and 50 yards for folks to shoot at, and last night wasn't any different.

Well, folks started showing up and noticed that my son and I were shooting at the 100 through 300 yard metal silhouettes and gongs that are always set at; 100 yd Chicken, 155 yd Coyote, 175 yd Ram, 200 yd Deer, 230 yd gong, & 300 yd gong. Before long no one was shooting at the 25 & 50 yard .22 metal targets. Everyone was picking out the longer range targets to shoot at.

Those that hadn't been shooting at any range over 50 yards were having a blast at the longer range metal. My son and I helped those in need with suggestions on where to put their bottom scope post (provided they were zeroed at 50 yds), and it wasn't long before everyone was on the 155 yd Coyote, and so on.

The folks last night seemed to have had more fun shooting long range metal then the routine short range stuff. And many were amazed they could actually hit long range metal with the use of their 3-7x20 & 3-9x32 scopes...

When we were done for the evening (when we lost our light), this is the first time I can recall that everyone hung around in the parking lot talking about hitting those long range targets.

Whether it was the 24"x24" 300 yard gong or the 14"x14" 230 yard gong, 155 yard Coyote, and so on,,, they were just having a good ol' time of reliving their night of .22 long range shooting. They really had fun! There were 9 of us at last night's gathering.

We have a Sunday .22 shoot coming up this weekend. I kind of think we'll be shooting long range metal.

Joe