-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good Riddence. Long overdue. If there were any justice in the world, he'd have done the "Hussein Dangle" for his crimes.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
GB1

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
On the other hand, the "Whiz Kids" uses quantitative analysis to optimize ocean search patterns for downed pilots. Many were saved due to this analysis.

djs, thats like saying "after he lit the fire that killed most of the people, he did manage to pull a few to safety"

see what I mean? He gets no kudos for that at all.

Even though the "ones he pulled to safety" were US Navy, Marine and Air Corps personnel who ditched as a result of enemy fire or low fuel?

The ones that the firebombing saved were US Marines and soldiers, the invasion force.

Remember, those "extra" Purple Heats that were made for the invasion of Japan have been used for the wounded in Korea, Vietnam, Dominican Republic, Lebanon, Grenada, Panama, Gulf War (Kuwait and Iraq), Somalia, Haiti, Bosnia, Kosovo, Afghanistan, and Iraq and, we still have lots left!

Forget any Japanese he "saved" with the firebombing, I am referring to the US military who WERE NOT killed or wounded. The invasion was estimated to cost the US over 1,000,000 casualties - these are ones I feel he saved.

The US Navy fliers that were rescued (probably numbering in the high hundreds) through this analysis were icing on the cake.

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by jorgeI
On the other hand, the "Whiz Kids" uses quantitative analysis to optimize ocean search patterns for downed pilots. Many were saved due to this analysis.

djs, thats like saying "after he lit the fire that killed most of the people, he did manage to pull a few to safety"

ANYTHING to say something nice about a democrap. djs, if we follow your logic, I guess we can say nice things about Hitler and his hand in the development of the VW. Like someone else said, he costs us tens of thousands of American lives. jorge

Actually, McNamara was a Republican, a point he made when Kennedy selected him for Secretary of Defense (he had been President of Ford Motor Company).

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
40 years too late.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
He didn't do jack djs. Other aviators in airplanes with radar, FLIR, visual, etc saved lives. Mengele was a doctor that saved lies as well. This guy was bad news. jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
they should bury him under an outhouse so the Viet Vets can pay him tribute properly.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MILES58
He is one of very few people on whose firing squad I would have been proud to serve. I would bring my own rifle and buy my own bullets for the job.

As would I!

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have a picture of McMuckup in discussion with a consultant. As usual, they are all knotted up with indecision:

[Linked Image]

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
He didn't do jack djs. Other aviators in airplanes with radar, FLIR, visual, etc saved lives. Mengele was a doctor that saved lies as well. This guy was bad news. jorge

During WW2, FLIR did not exist and radar was rudemetary. Ocean search areas were large and using quantitive analysis and modeling, the area to be searched was reduced. Focusing a limited quantity of eyeballs and search planes on a smaller area led to more aviators being picked up.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by djs

During WW2, FLIR did not exist and radar was rudemetary.
Duh...

And you continue to miss the point. Just because he allegedly contributed to a search pattern does not even begin to offset the pain and suffering he caused as a result of his idiotic policies during Vietnam. Whatever his alleged theory during WWII saved, he more than negated it by the hundreds of aviators lost, captured and tortured in Vietnam thanks to him. jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
So, were the protestors who spoke out against "McNamara's War" in an effort to stop it - the real heroes - or were they the villians?

I'm confused - are you guys pissed that he was the architect of that war - or are you pissed that he eventually came to believe it was one big huge mistake?

Help me understand your hatred of this man.

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

"Nothing in life - can compare to seeing smiles on your children's faces."
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Thinking neither on the hero issue.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

ANYTHING to say something nice about a democrap. djs, if we follow your logic, I guess we can say nice things about Hitler and his hand in the development of the VW. Like someone else said, he costs us tens of thousands of American lives. jorge

Only so much some of can take of your pathetic crap too.......flows both ways.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BCBrian
So, were the protestors who spoke out against "McNamara's War" in an effort to stop it - the real heroes - or were they the villians?

I'm confused - are you guys pissed that he was the architect of that war - or are you pissed that he eventually came to believe it was one big huge mistake?

Help me understand your hatred of this man.

Nice try, but I'm afraid if you have to ask, you lack the capability to comprehend. jorge

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by wyliec

Only so much some of can take of your pathetic crap too.......flows both ways.

It appears we have yet another democrap with grammar issues...jorge

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
No lack of capability here - I'm just a Canuck. grin

I don't understand a lot of things pertaining to America and Americans.

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

"Nothing in life - can compare to seeing smiles on your children's faces."
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
McNamara was a political hack, part of the Havard "brain trust" with which John Kennedy surrounded himself.

As Jorge said, these idiots tried to micromanage the war for political image, not military effectiveness, timing bombing raids to match press events back the the states. They ordered B-52 runs over the tops of SAM missile emplacements, marked off hundreds of targets as untouchable, breaking off campaigns to give the NVA time to resupply, and everything else they could think of to make the war more dangerous for our pilots and crews.

Don't even get me started on the ground war.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Just remember the stench around his grave will be unbelievable where all the Viet Nam era vets go piss on him one last time.

DANG I meant to write him and explain his future while he was still alive, and could contemplate it during his final few years. Hopefully it would weigh heavily on his daily life.

No telling how many good men died or were severely wounded because he and his dufus president thought they could run the war from DC.

A SALUTE to all of you that did your job well, in spite of the quality of the commander in chief and some of his staff.

Last edited by LouisB; 07/06/09.

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
BCBrian,just an example of McNamarras bean counting.

the F105 thunderchief airplane could carry 8 500 lb bombs,2 tons of bombs,but he thought if we send out more airplanes with less bombs in each plane we'll get higher sortie #'s and look better on paper.
so 4 times the number of airplanes went out and because the f105 wasn't designed to do the job it was doing,it got shot down more than any other airplane in the Vietnam war.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

You are confused. Architect? ROTF here, you should do stand up.

Mistake? You ever heard of the TFX. Surely you recall the Aardvark? That was his huge mistake.

Being as how you're from Canada it's not clear you have a dog in this race anyway. Sure as hell would not expect you to understand any of this since it wasn't your bag. Best you can do with this is walk away. It's not your wart.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

101 members (10gaugemag, 35sambar, 358WCF, 673, 450yukon, 19rabbit52, 13 invisible), 1,588 guests, and 865 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,656
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.